2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

The definition of terrorism has been expanded, because fear sells (TV commercials, guns, candidates, prepper supplies, deodorant etc.). It's a never-ending loop. We do the terrorists' bidding for them. It's all quite depraved.

it is almost like we deserve reality show presidents

If you want to understand why this guy did what he did, and you want to try to figure out whether it's terrorism or not, you need to read up on who he was and what he believed. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-facebook-post-connected-to-suspect-in-van-rampage-cites-incel/

Minassian appears to have been an "Incel" or "Involuntary celibate".

If you have no idea what 4chan is, or what an Incel is, or why it's relevant to things like ISIS, white supremacy, toxic masculinity, etc., then you have a lot of reading to do.

So much of what has been happening with respect to terrorism, white supremacist radicalism, etc, not just here in the US but globally, over the last 20 years, is related to the rise of the internet and all of these sub-cultures where men (young men especially) are preyed upon because they are vulnerable to overtures about how they are victims and deserve [insert whatever here. 42 virgins, a prom date, a job that a black person has, etc]. 

So while I'm not sure I can get all the way to calling this guy a terrorist, it would appear that the driving force behind his actions is not unlike the driving force behind pretty much all this . 

Dudes are f*cked up. 

The information thus far is that this person was not aligned with any international terrorist group , but interested in a group that aspouses that women are being deceived out of their group claimed tradional roles by feminist agenda. It’s evident that singular people can and do random acts of terror adhering to a agenda non of us could possibly understand

Minassian appears to have been an "Incel" or "Involuntary celibate". 

Or, days gone by, a "loser."

If you have no idea what 4chan is, or what an Incel is, or why it's relevant to things like ISIS, white supremacy, toxic masculinity, etc., then you have a lot of reading to do.

So much of what has been happening with respect to terrorism, white supremacist radicalism, etc, not just here in the US but globally, over the last 20 years, is related to the rise of the internet and all of these sub-cultures where men (young men especially) are preyed upon because they are vulnerable to overtures about how they are victims and deserve [insert whatever here. 42 virgins, a prom date, a job that a black person has, etc]. 

So while I'm not sure I can get all the way to calling this guy a terrorist, it would appear that the driving force behind his actions is not unlike the driving force behind pretty much all this ######. 

Dudes are f*cked up. 

I do know what 4chan is, but was not really familiar with this sub-culture. Your big picture take is an apt one -- reads spot on to me. Also sounds like this guy was mentally ill, to a point.

Guys keep it on topic.... Make a new terror thread

fair point.

So he's a 'nice guy'. i.e. I treat a girl with superficial respect so therefore she should sleep with me. If not, she's a slut

Basically. Only worse. This is an entire sub-culture of dudes stewing in their own juices about how they're bearing some biblical cross. The base of it all is, as usual, that a bunch of men think that some society, or person, or agency, or whatever, owes them something. And they sit around and jerk each other off and recruit other vulnerable people into their circus, radicalize them, and unleash them on people who are completely unaware. 

Incels, ISIS, neo-nazis, KKK, KEK, the Alt-Right. They're all the same. 

Guys keep it on topic.... Make a new terror thread

Sorry bud. If the mods want to spin this off that would be fine. I just figure the topic wont last long because it's probably banned anyway. 

Never knew there was an unofficial term for dudes who can't get laid. Sounds like an argument for legalizing prostitution to me. Who knows how many lives it could save.

Edited by Jokertecken

I do know what 4chan is, but was not really familiar with this sub-culture. Your big picture take is an apt one -- reads spot on to me. Also sounds like this guy was mentally ill, to a point.

Yup. Only now instead of not having anyone to socialize with, you can just aggressively log the hell on to whatever nightmare subculture you want to be a a part of and hate whatever other group of people you want. 

If you can understand Incels, you can understand terrorism or extremism of any kind. It's all there in that culture. Dudes just angry and hell about "others". 

You're about to be mad at me online, but I've never seen a single episode of that show.

Not atall.

It was a proto binge watch show. We watched it obsessively when we had wee babies to care for at night.

I’ve not watched a single binge show since. Not one.

Huge sports day for Toronto tomorrow

Bruins Leafs

Raptors - Washington

Jays -Red Sox

Toronto - Mexico Soccer Championship

Marlies Playoff game

Ok, but let's not pretend that Toronto cares about four of those.