2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

Game 7s are great to watch, but so would be a Leafs meltdown to end their season on home ice. Apologies, millbank.

I do get that no Love for Leafs here. Goes to show the better team does not always win. Who knows what can happen in agame seven

Bruins got completely shafted, and I care not a-tall. Couldn't happen to a nicer team. Now I want to watch amazing hockey in game 7 for 59:55 where suddenly in the last 5 seconds a sinkhole opens up and swallows both teams.

Even hell won't take that garbage

Edited by Jokertecken

I'm not chastising anyone — I didn't start a thread about it, either. But it's pretty remarkable that the heinous event in Toronto warranted only a passing comment or two. I think we're so numbed and normalized to these things that they hardly get our attention. It might not be a bad thing. Terrorists and the run of the mill crazies require and feed off the attention their acts bring. Then again, maybe if we don't pay attention, the acts will only become larger and more hideous, to shock us again. For awhile.

I'm not chastising anyone — I didn't start a thread about it, either. But it's pretty remarkable that the heinous event in Toronto warranted only a passing comment or two. I think we're so numbed and normalized to these things that they hardly get our attention. It might not be a bad thing. Terrorists and the run of the mill crazies require and feed off the attention their acts bring. Then again, maybe if we don't pay attention, the acts will only become larger and more hideous, to shock us again. For awhile.

We don't have a thread for it anymore.

It's not really a political topic, especially given no apparent terrorist angle to it. But, it's true, the political talk ban has had a chilling effect. Too bad, because poltiics is a part of everything, practically, including hockey.

It's not really a political topic, especially given no apparent terrorist angle to it. But, it's true, the political talk ban has had a chilling effect. Too bad, because poltiics is a part of everything, practically, including hockey.

How is it not terrorism?

How is it not terrorism?

I don't know anything about this event so I'm not making claims about it, but if they're right that they don't know the motive yet, then you can't just call it terrorism. Random acts of violence that are committed, and that this could be, are not terrorism. It needs to have some sort of political motive to be terrorism.

Edited by Randall Flagg

When's the last time a mass killing wasn't an act of terrorism though? As in, in Flagg's example, that's a serial killer choosing individual victims based on situational dependencies. I think anytime you have a mass murder, it's politically/ideologically motivated somehow, and therefore an act of terrorism. 

Edited by Jokertecken

When's the last time a mass killing wasn't an act of terrorism though? As in, in Flagg's example, that's a serial killer choosing individual victims based on situational dependencies. I think anytime you have a mass murder, it's politically/ideologically motivated somehow, and therefore an act of terrorism. 

They're probably pretty rare. A lot of school shootings though, maybe?

They're probably pretty rare. A lot of school shootings though, maybe?

I would still consider those acts of terror though. I don't believe in any of those cases it was the result of someone just wanting to kill people; there was some sort of social factor behind it

I would still consider those acts of terror though. I don't believe in any of those cases it was the result of someone just wanting to kill people; there was some sort of social factor behind it

Seems like a valid opinion, I certainly don't care enough about my stance to argue further :lol:

But yeah, I have to go see what happened now.

Okay, first of all, what a piece of . 

Second of all, from what we know right now I wouldn't use the word "terrorist", but there is still a lot to learn about his motives, so yeah. 

Vegas?

Edited by SwampD