2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

Reminds me of the story of a childhood friend of my wife.

He was named at birth Michael Shityourpantski (his parents emigrated not long before from Poland).

Growing up he didn't like his name and he was teased about it. So, he changed it to George.

Yeh knew a kid last name Hyman and we called him Busta, pretty bad. Edited by North Buffalo

Columbus-Washington has been great. I've enjoyed both of the sweeps out west and am very excited about the SJ - Vegas matchup. Boston - T. Has been OK but the other series have not been super interesting to me.

The most disappointing has to be the battle of PA. I was expecting so much more

I know past performance is no indication of future blah, blah, blah....

But the Pen/Flyer series has been almost lifeless. Expected so much more after what has happened in previous years.

Talked with a die hard Pen's fan and he was shocked at how emotionless the Flyers where at home in the last game. Just a shame.

It's not just you.

I know it's the first round and should get better.

It's interesting, too, because last year's playoffs were amazing. More brutal than I can remember in a long time.

The Knights/Kings series was very closely contested and often dirty. Really physical, reminded me of some of the stuff from a deacade and a half ago.

I get the sense that we are going to see the first 3peet since the Islander 4peet starting in 1980.

Which would be ridonkulous, as no one else even repeats nowadays.

Winnipeg just savaging Minny at the moment. Hide your kids, hide your wife.

They came out deflated when they lost their best player in Suter, then managed to regroup a bit, then looked to completely come undone when they lost Parise. Tough luck for them injury wise, against what would have already been a tough team.

Edited by Thorny

He was named at birth Michael Shityourpantski (his parents emigrated not long before from Poland).

Growing up he didn't like his name and he was teased about it.  So, he changed it to George.

Thats good stuff. 

Wow were the Flyers ever pouring it on there. 3-2 flyers with 1:15 left in regulation.

Who decided that Kenny Albert could do hockey play-by-play at the NHL level?  He's a disaster.  Stick to basketball and, if absolutely necessary, football.

Probably the same a**holes that decided to rehire his f###ing a**hole old man after he got out of his perversion penalties.

Who decided that Kenny Albert could do hockey play-by-play at the NHL level?  He's a disaster.  Stick to basketball and, if absolutely necessary, football.

There's something about the Albert family voice that burrows deep into my spleen and sends the creepies all through my body. I think it's an NYC thing.

Did you catch his comment on the car smashing in Nashville? "It's a tradition that was began a year ago." I'm sure it was all downhill from there. Or uphill. Whatever.

There's something about the Albert family voice that burrows deep into my spleen and sends the creepies all through my body. I think it's an NYC thing.

Did you catch his comment on the car smashing in Nashville? "It's a tradition that was began a year ago." I'm sure it was all downhill from there. Or uphill. Whatever.

I didn't catch that comment.  

Tradition.  One year.  Do words not have meanings anymore?

I didn't catch that comment.  

Tradition.  One year.  Do words not have meanings anymore?

"First annual" always bugged me. But couldn't an argument be made that something in its second year has become a tradition? If not, is there some magic number of years before something is a tradition?

Thats good stuff. 

Wow were the Flyers ever pouring it on there. 3-2 flyers with 1:15 left in regulation.

Still not the chippy, cheap shot play off rivalry hatred nasty of years past, but a very entertaining game.

"First annual" always bugged me. But couldn't an argument be made that something in its second year has become a tradition? If not, is there some magic number of years before something is a tradition?

At three years I believe it's ok to mention the phrase *it looks to be a tradition in the making*, and at 5 you can official call it a tradition.

They came out deflated when they lost their best player in Suter, then managed to regroup a bit, then looked to completely come undone when they lost Parise. Tough luck for them injury wise, against what would have already been a tough team.

The Jets played the last game with their 1LHD, 2LHD and 3LHD not starting...also Perreault and Ehlers were out hurt and Armia missing most of the game and Myers playing hurt. 

Helle got his 2nd straight shutout and the Jets dominated them in the 1st period big time.

Go Avs go.

Edited by Ducky

Growing up he didn't like his name and he was teased about it. So, he changed it to George.

Not for nothing, but when I worked for UPS there was a guy there named Mike Shepanski......we used to call him Shitpantski.

Is it just me, or is the playoff hockey really dull this year? Lack of hitting, lack of emotion. Just not what it used to be.

Plenty of cheapshots to go around. Can't remember so many suspensions in the first round. Edited by Cygnus X 1