2018 NHL Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

PEMDAS is a waste of classroom time, it's only useful for unrealistic, poorly-written math expressions whose sole purpose is to test if you know PEMDAS, and if we spent that time teaching how to write proper, sensible equations we'd have a nation that is better at math 

Not sure that quite fits the acronym

Edited by Jokertecken

PEMDAS is a waste of classroom time, it's only useful for unrealistic, poorly-written math expressions whose sole purpose is to test if you know PEMDAS, and if we spent that time teaching how to write proper, sensible equations we'd have a nation that is better at math

I had to write a math test once for work. It was to be given in order to evaluate if someone was smart enough to be able to deal Craps. (Personally, I think that's bullsh!t, I could teach just about anyone the math of the game, it's the hand dexterity that is the real skill). It had 2 PEMDAS equations on it. 90% of the people who took it got them wrong. The rest of the test was basic 3rd grade math(the only math I'm qualified to speak on) and guess what!? Yup, more than half the people who took it failed miserably.

We are bad at math in this country. Just plain bad at it. Most of us retain nothing after graduation. Pythagorean theorem, pfff. Quadratic formula, nope! Postulates of euclidean geometry, hell no! Logic... actually, I'm pretty sure I got that one. But that's it. +-×÷√π that's all I got.

I had to write a math test once for work. It was to be given in order to evaluate if someone was smart enough to be able to deal Craps. (Personally, I think that's bullsh!t, I could teach just about anyone the math of the game, it's the hand dexterity that is the real skill). It had 2 PEMDAS equations on it. 90% of the people who took it got them wrong. The rest of the test was basic 3rd grade math(the only math I'm qualified to speak on) and guess what!? Yup, more than half the people who took it failed miserably.

We are bad at math in this country. Just plain bad at it. Most of us retain nothing after graduation. Pythagorean theorem, pfff. Quadratic formula, nope! Postulates of euclidean geometry, hell no! Logic... actually, I'm pretty sure I got that one. But that's it. +-×÷√π that's all I got.

Taught to memorize not to learn.

Plus we spend way too much time on other stupid subjects and not actually important ones. Spent way too much time learning the same 6 courses on American history, most of which turned out wrong by the way, then any technical or life skills.

Ok, but let's not pretend that Toronto cares about four of those.

Make no mistake this is also a most significant week for Buffalo with the upcoming NFL draft and NHL lottery .

Hopefully both will get some luck and Bills draft finally a good Quarterback , it’s really been since Kelly and Sabres be able to draft a elite defenseman , to really be able to go forward with real valid hope . Can’t imagine how charged the fan base would be

Edited by millbank

Man, forgot how great a game 7 is. Energy is unreal in Boston right now

Rask, not great

Idk. That was a great goal. Of course Millbury can't give any credit that it was a sick. It had to be lapse by Rask.

Idk. That was a great goal. Of course Millbury can't give any credit that it was a sick. It had to be lapse by Rask.

Far post on a bad angle shot when he had time to setup? I'm with Millbury on this one

This is insane!

Edited by Jokertecken