GDT Montreal at Buffalo 3/23/18 7 PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

Housley needs to go. These guys can't even do the basics right. Never seen a team so bad at just passing the puck. This team needs a total overhaul, starting with the coach. Jack was bad tonight, but he is surrounded by garbage. 1 goal in over 9 periods. Pitiful.

Edited by Cygnus X 1

If he's not then he has no reason to be out there, he seemed to have a decent stride. I'm sure he's being nagged a little, but that doesn't excuse his pouty nature on the ice/bench

You’d be pouty also if you had to play with this sorry group. With Sam next to ROR, Jack has literally no one to play with.

I wouldn’t mind putting a “super” line together w Jack, ROR and Sam.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

I think 10 million bucks is enough to mitigate some of my pouting crap, it's just not what I want to see from the "face of the franchise" I typically don't notice it as much, but being there tonight it was just so evident, on the bench even I was able to see it from the 300s.

Granted, his wingers suck, but we were clamoring for pommers to stay on that line in the beginning of the season, the jack, Z, pommers line was tearing it up

If anyone is actually still watching full games of this team, wow.....I gotta hand it to ya.

I pay for Center Ice, and I haven't even been watching them.  The recaps that come on my phone are sufficient for this crap.   

Obviously, Housley's little comedy he performed after the Coyote's game had an effect on the team - they're even less motivated than they were.

This game is a perfect example of why I can’t get behind rooting for losses to help our draft position. It’s not even that if they were winning, it would necessarily translate to success next season. It’s that, watching this team show themselves incaple of scoring a single goal, 2 out of 3 nights, with the only goal in the other game coming from JORDAN FREAKING NOLAN, (Eichel..Eichel....Reinhart.....O’Reilly....anyone?) shows me that without a shadow of a doubt, we aren’t a Zadina or Wahlstrom away from even being respectable. Not even close.

He can bring Casey with him, and maybe together they’ll replace Kane’s goals so we can remain 31st overall status quo.

If he's not then he has no reason to be out there, he seemed to have a decent stride. I'm sure he's being nagged a little, but that doesn't excuse his pouty nature on the ice/bench

Maybe he just wants to really win and see some effort from his teammates? He sees the same thing we see, a bunch of floaters and a clueless coach. This team is in worse shape now then it was three years ago. By the time this team is competitive, Jack might be on the downside of his career. The Cleveland Browns are where QB's go to die. The Sabres are where decent NHL talent goes to die. Hockey Heaven has turned into Hockey Hell.

This game is a perfect example of why I can’t get behind rooting for losses to help our draft position. It’s not even that if they were winning, it would necessarily translate to success next season. It’s that, watching this team show themselves incaple of scoring a single goal, 2 out of 3 nights, with the only goal in the other game coming from JORDAN FREAKING NOLAN, (Eichel..Eichel....Reinhart.....O’Reilly....anyone?) shows me that without a shadow of a doubt, we aren’t a Zadina or Wahlstrom away from even being respectable. Not even close.

He can bring Casey with him, and maybe together they’ll replace Kane’s goals so we can remain 31st overall status quo.

No question there is much truth to this, but at this point what is left?

Maybe he just wants to really win and see some effort from his teammates? He sees the same thing we see, a bunch of floaters and a clueless coach. This team is in worse shape now then it was three years ago. By the time this team is competitive, Jack might be on the downside of his career. The Cleveland Browns are where QB's go to die. The Sabres are where decent NHL talent goes to die. Hockey Heaven has turned into Hockey Hell.

Jack is a competitor and a winner. It must drive him nuts to play with these bums.

Understandable, but there is one thing that would be worse than that ... winning on goals by (the likes of) JORDAN FREAKING NOLAN.  I can accept wins, in spite of decreasing draft odds, if we're getting our goals from Jack or Sam or Guhle ... guys who will be important down the road. 

My ideal would be hard-fought losses with goals by those guys and unfortunate brain farts by guys who won't be here.  They could even sprinkle in a few HOME wins against rivals (Toronto, etc), which would feel particularly good for the deserving crowd.

I think that up to this point, Jack has tried to do everything himself while he is on the ice. The team around him plays accordingly and often just watches. Last night we saw Jack trying to play with others and they weren't ready for it.

Kinda like Samson's play in November, when he looked lost and there were a lot of passes to nobody. They were the right play, just that there was nobody there to receive them. Then magically, "a light went on" for him and he was being praised for making the same plays cuz they worked.

I think it bodes well for us and Jack that we saw that last night, and once his line mates realize that they are, ya know, a line and start playing together, they will be really good.

Only happy thoughts today from me.

This thread summarises the Sabres and this season perfectly.

Beauty, eh?

I paid no attention what so ever to the game.

Did Price play?

If so, he still has what it takes to make opposing teams look stupid.  That doesn't take much for this sorry lot of Sabres.

And, if Price did not play ... well see the above sentence and the Sabres looked even sillier.

Anyway, onward ...

GO SABRES!!

WE LOVE YOU!!

There is much truth in this. But it also is a one sided representation of what was the NHL talent structure.

In that, I mean you need some talent, high end talent, to increase the teams potential to be competitive again. Bit the article, in specific Pommers statement on the Oilers, where perpetually getting high end talent alone is no recipe for success is accurate.

After the 14 to 16 seasons, this team has unsuccessfully built around the components they gathered at the high end. It is only my opinion, but another high draft pick won't solve that issue. Competent leadership with vision, specifically from the GM, AGM, AHL farm team development and inparticularly, the coaching staff has to both bring in the required talent for proper chemistry in conjunction with holding all assets accountable for their play on the ice.

The failure of this organization to properly do so is on full display. I do however, believe this does not constitute the current management and coaching staffs be labeled complete write offs. This off season in my mind will be more appropriate for that scenario.

Edited by Lucky E

At least I'm honest. I'm not trying to pass as SabreSpace's Norman Vincent Peale.

Interesting that you phrase it this way as though there is something disingenuous with how I approach things.  I find it amusing that you feel that being negative is somehow "honest".  Just because I am looking for the positive does not mean there is no negative.  It only means that I prefer to not go full Eeyore.

Interesting that you phrase it this way as though there is something disingenuous with how I approach things.  I find it amusing that you feel that being negative is somehow "honest".  Just because I am looking for the positive does not mean there is no negative.  It only means that I prefer to not go full Eeyore.

I'm honest about my negativity. You are the most negative positive poster I've ever seen on here. Come on down into muck. You know you want to.

A three page GDT says it all. For over a decade I'd watch most games and many times post here during games with my fellow fans. Now I don't even bother to watch. The team has been too terrible for too long. For the first time in my life I've been watching NBA basketball (New Orleans Pelicans) instead of hockey.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.