The Great Toronto Illusion (or should I say Delusion)

GASabresIUFAN

Anderson sucked but then again most teams are experiencing goaltending woes...Rinne over there in Nashville hasn;t exactly been lights-out. Philly have been trying to get a number one goalie for, well forever. Maybe I can see us havin gto stick with Lehner just because frankly there is nothing better out there (I am still not sold yet on Ullmark)

Yeah, Filly's goaltending hit a wall in '85 & has never been the same since.

I still can't believe they traded Bobrovsky. I mean, I know he has developed a reputation for choking in the playoffs, but he was the best goalie they've had since Hextall.

Bob did take himself out before a playoff game saying something like, "I can't handle this". Can you imagine the response here?

Apparently Babcock is in Arizona “on a family vacation” and plans to, or already has met with Matthews for further discussions.

Kypreos finds this interesting as it has been just over a week from their exit meetings.

Elliotte Friedman says Mike Babcock will travel to Arizona to meet with Auston Matthews and "iron things out.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/leafs-babcock-arizona-meet-auston-matthews/

Insert Mr Burns Excellent GIF here

Edited by Brawndo

Hockey fans are nuts when it comes to trade ideas, I have seen some doozies on here as well.  I just looked at a capfriendly.com trade proposal from a Leafs fan.

Toronto receives RoR (Sabres retain $2M), Sabres 2018 1st (Dahlin)

Buffalo receives Nylander, Kadri, Rosen, Leivo, Leafs 2018 1st

I have no clue who Rosen and Leivo are, are they the Toronto versions of Sabres fans tossing Larsson and Fasching into trade proposals?

In the same scenario, the guy has the Leafs signing Tavares at 7 years $10M per.

So what do we think?  I mean, 4 guys for 2, Sabres win that trade all day!

(I chose this thread because it seems to fit well, Toronto and delusion)

Edited by Marions Piazza

Hockey fans are nuts when it comes to trade ideas, I have seen some doozies on here as well.  I just looked at a capfriendly.com trade proposal from a Leafs fan.

I have no clue who Rosen and Leivo are, are they the Toronto versions of Sabres fans tossing Larsson and Fasching into trade proposals?

In the same scenario, the guy has the Leafs signing Tavares at 7 years $10M per.

Edited by Skurk Liger

• 2 weeks later...

First Lou Lamoriello officially bails on 'an upper management' position with the Leafs and now Mark Hunter also parts ways with the leafs.

I think Kyle Dubas is a great young mind but at only 31 years of age and two experienced guys leaving, it's really his team.  Leafs have some real interesting contracts to deal with this summer and it's going to be up to the kid and Shanny.  No more babysitters.  There had been rumblings Lou was going to move on to the Islanders but this Mark Hunter thing seemed surprising to me.  The writing had to have been on the wall the GM job was going to Dubas. 

Combine this with the apparent riff between Babcock and Matthews and this is going to be an interesting offseason for our division rivals.

First Lou Lamoriello officially bails on 'an upper management' position with the Leafs and now Mark Hunter also parts ways with the leafs.

I think Kyle Dubas is a great young mind but at only 31 years of age and two experienced guys leaving, it's really his team.  Leafs have some real interesting contracts to deal with this summer and it's going to be up to the kid and Shanny.  No more babysitters.  There had been rumblings Lou was going to move on to the Islanders but this Mark Hunter thing seemed surprising to me.  The writing had to have been on the wall the GM job was going to Dubas. 

Combine this with the apparent riff between Babcock and Matthews and this is going to be an interesting offseason for our division rivals.

Though from the outside, it appeared pretty much a given that Dubas was being groomed to become the GM, from the inside Hunter probably believed he had a shot at it.

Wouldn't be at all surprised to see Snow out & Hunter taking over GM/AGM role in Brooklyn w/ the expectation that he'll be the GM in short order if he isn't already.

Hopefully Dubas is getting himself into deeper waters than he's ready for. Time will tell, but Shanahan seems to have a good hockey sense unfortunately.

Leafs only wanted Lou for 3 years to get them on track, seems Lou wanted to stay but they said no. Then they had to choose Dubas or Hunter because hunter wasn't staying if he was passed over for Dubas. From what I have read, I think theres issues with Shanny and that their coach has issues with control too. It was said Lou was good at keeping him under control.

This is going to be interesting to see I TO, this could end up a huge mess if Dubas is in over his head.

As for the Isles, they appear to be doing something right and getting a guy in who can build a front office and team. Would be surprised to see Snow gone soon after the draft. Lous son is an assistant there I believe and he could get the job with his dad helping or they could get Hunter. This is a team that could get turned around soon.

Lets hope it all unravels. Our disfunction could use some company. And the Toronto media, Yikes. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.