Okposo out (wife in labor); Griffith up

Eleven

You would think that when they're trying to have a kid, they would time it so the birth would be sometime between late April-October.   

That's a six month window.... figure it out!   By my calculations, the child was conceived around May 27th..

I think this is one of those examples Botterill is referring to when he mentioned a lack of preparation.    

Bailey is getting no love from the Botterill administration.

Botterill talked about Bailey a bit yesterday on WGR.

Context was about creating internal competition at Rochester and rewarding the guys once they dominate down there.

I think they look for two things: creating a situation where guys see that the players coming up are the players who have earned it; and making sure that when they come up they are in a groove and feeling confident so that groove carries over.

He talked about how Bailey got a look early and then got injured. Said Bailey may have been the best player down there the past few games. Clear implication was he hasn’t had game prior to recently, but that if he keeps it up, he’ll get a look.

I think the kids will really be Botterill’s focus down the stretch: whether in Buffalo or Rochester, they’re auditioning for where they fit next year. I think they’ve all been given expectations and those expectations are going to be reinforced.

People talk about how Botterill is going to turn this thing around. Clearly, the farm is a big part of the plan and the kids already in the system are being given a shot to be part of it.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Botterill talked about Bailey a bit yesterday on WGR.

Context was about creating internal competition at Rochester and rewarding the guys once they dominate down there.

I think they look for two things: creating a situation where guys see that the players coming up are the players who have earned it; and making sure that when they come up they are in a groove and feeling confident so that groove carries over.

He talked about how Bailey got a look early and then got injured. Said Bailey may have been the best player down there the past few games. Clear implication was he hasn’t had game prior to recently, but that if he keeps it up, he’ll get a look.

I think the kids will really be Botterill’s focus down the stretch: whether in Buffalo or Rochester, they’re auditioning for where they fit next year. I think they’ve all been given expectations and those expectations are going to be reinforced.

People talk about how Botterill is going to turn this thing around. Clearly, the farm is a big part of the plan and the kids already in the system are being given a shot to be part of it.

I didn't get to hear much of the interview; maybe I'll look for it on demand today.  But I hope you're right.  His speed alone makes him valuable.

Best of luck to Kyle and his new child, Koko Okposo. 

Awesome. I don't know if I could resist messing with people[0] in this situation. Oklivia Okposo (pronounced Olivia), Okwen, or even more evil, something like Oktavian in which you do pronounce the K.

[0] I could resist, if only for my kid's mental health.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.