GDT Sabres at Capitals 2/24/18 7 PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

I’m really gonna miss Kane. He was exciting and tough and always gave 110 percent. He was our best or second best player and I hope we resign him in free agency

I hope we do too, actually.  And I think it's more likely than a lot of people around here think.  He had a bad time in WPG, but he seems to have some good friends here.  He might go for the big payday or he might go where he feels comfortable.  Despite all his brash behavior (which seems to have declined during his tenure in Buffalo), he might actually be an insecure soul who may put relationships over the big bucks.

Totally agree, but Darcy communicated it directly to the fans and rationalized it.  Until then, those sort of moves were spun instead of rationalizing it.

I can't argue with that.

Wondering if they'd hold Kane out at home. Might give the other hundred or so fans that show up these days to stay home. 

Meh.  Make it a game time decision.

Re: scratching Kane.

Thanks, Evander! Feel free to pull a McCormick or Moulson, but hopefully not either of their ultimate outcomes.

And, if I’m a GM attempting to trade for Kane, and the framework is there, but we’re just deciding on details, then I’m giving JBot the hologram message: “don’t damage my potential future asset. You’re my only hope”

This board was never so consumed about returns on pending FA's prior to the dismanteling of the franchise.  It is a result of the lead up to, and the tank itself.

It's just what you do.  Teams do it in every sport and this is the excitement that fans have to look forward to in seasons where the team isn't going to be in the playoffs.  It's the same reason Bills fans think about the draft all year too.

what?

As God as my witness, I spent today thinking "Wow, they're going all the way up to Vancouver to play the Caps and then have to be back home tomorrow for the Bruins? This IS a horrible schedule!"

It literally took MSG showing the Capitol building as they were coming back from commercial before I even to started to remember that the Capitals, in fact, are in good ol' Washington D.C.

I'm fully aware that Vancouver isn't even the capital of Canada, let alone, British Columbia, which makes this whole thing all the more nonsensical.

I dunno, maybe I just like the way "Vancouver Capitals" sounds.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.