GDT Sabres at Capitals 2/24/18 7 PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

Well the last "Lehner sucks" moment might just drive you over the rim. Yes, Lehner whiffed but that was after Burakovsky skated through (not around, through) four Sabres. Housley could put Blue and Gold pylons on the ice and get the same result

The defense was terrible on both of the goals but Lehner got burned so badly on both of them, they were misplayed just as bad on his part as the lack of effort from the defense. I decent goalie saves at least one of those.

He's obviously not the only problem, certainly isn't the biggest problem on the team but I can't stand his attitude and can't wait until he's somewhere else.

Lehner is the only guy on the team that seems to get a pass for bad play

Let's revisit that sentiment.

So far on both goals, every post was about how Lehner sucks, needed to get pulled and/or traded. There were no posts about the clown show put on by the rest of the Sabres.

So who exactly is getting a pass?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Let's revisit that sentiment.

So far on both goals, every post was about how Lehner sucks, needed to get pulled and/or traded. There were no posts about the clown show put on by the rest of the Sabres.

So who exactly is getting a pass?

Shall we revisit it a 3rd or 4th time while we're at it? :p

Well the last "Lehner sucks" moment might just drive you over the rim. Yes, Lehner whiffed but that was after Burakovsky skated through (not around, through) four Sabres. Housley could put Blue and Gold pylons on the ice and get the same result

Is he really that bad tonight, or just normal lehner day?

The defense was terrible on both of the goals but Lehner got burned so badly on both of them, they were misplayed just as bad on his part as the lack of effort from the defense. I decent goalie saves at least one of those.

He's obviously not the only problem, certainly isn't the biggest problem on the team but I can't stand his attitude and can't wait until he's somewhere else.

So you are fine with fine the Sabres are playing? I guess all we need is a goalie, huh? Problem solved.

So you are fine with fine the Sabres are playing? I guess all we need is a goalie, huh? Problem solved.

:huh:

Absolutely no one is saying or has said this.

Promo has been saying for months that everyone on this board thinks Lehner is the only reason we lose for some reason, I think it's because he comes into the GDT when Lehner has a bad goal and extrapolates to the rest of the time, including when emotions aren't as high in between games, or when Lehner plays well rarely

Have they checked out or are just simply that bad at the hockey? Have they checked out or are just simply that bad at the hockey?

To the first question, they are just bad, especially without Kane considering Eichel is also out.

To the second question, they appear to have checked out tonight.

Promo has been saying for months that everyone on this board thinks Lehner is the only reason we lose for some reason, I think it's because he comes into the GDT when Lehner has a bad goal and extrapolates to the rest of the time, including when emotions aren't as high in between games, or when Lehner plays well rarely

That's a true statement. I rarely visit outside of game threads. But it's just incredible to me to see just goalie bashing after Burakovsky skated through four Sabres to get to that point.

Whoa calm down, these threads need more words ;)

As for me, I lost signal in the canyon and I didn't know, so I hit it again silly

To the first question, they are just bad, especially without Kane considering Eichel is also out.

To the second question, they appear to have checked out tonight.

This was very well played!

Whoa calm down, these threads need more words ;)

As for me, I lost signal in the canyon and I didn't know, so I hit it again silly

This was very well played!

You're at one of the natural wonders of the world. Put your phone away and enjoy it. I promise you're not missing anything Sabres related.

Sabres have not had their heads in the game.  Too many are planning on packing up and moving to a new team.  A decade of bad trades. drafts and management has reduced this once proud franchise to the level of an expansion team.  It will take five years just to get to playoff competitive level.  

That's a true statement. I rarely visit outside of game threads. But it's just incredible to me to see just goalie bashing after Burakovsky skated through four Sabres to get to that point.

Promo I admit I can be at times guilty of that but I'm not blind to the weaknesses on D leading up to Lehners over commitment or throwing himself out of the play to make a save that he then whiffs on. He is literally the last line of defence. I'm not sure if its a loss of confidence or he's perhaps forgotten the basic fundamentals of the game but he looks so out of it at times. He also looks good at times. But he deserves our scorn as much as the rest of the team. Believe me I'd like him to be that guy. But he's not. 

Edited by bunomatic

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.