Harrington is right! - Really

GASabresIUFAN

Is that some 13 year old phenom that we'll be pining for in 2023?

If so, do you know what zygote's are looking promising for 2036?

#tankforlife

Haha he's the guy that is the best prospect, so far, of the 2020 class. Had his 16 year old QMJHL season this year, scored over 40G and 80 points in 60 games. 

• 3 weeks later...

I found this interesting. Elliott Friedman unfollowed Mike Harrington on Twitter and gave his reasoning during the 31 Thoughts Podcast

https://twitter.com/ben_mathewson/status/992041292241784833

Appears that Friedman, like so many others, came to the inescapable conclusion that Harrington is an unmitigated and unrepentant a*shole on Twitter.

DcRwFQrWAAAWgOc.jpg

Cripes.

First Brandon's sent packing, and now arguably the most respected writer covering the NHL takes a sh1t on Harrington.

I'm havin' myself a week.

Love that we've made it to the "Look, he's always been nice to me and I don't *think* he's sexist" phase of the Mike Harrington experience.

Way to go, TBN.

Let’s not forget about this gem as well

Is this the same as when Bucky Gleason suggested Kim Pegula should stick to picking drapes rather than sit in on important meetings where she didn't belong?

Thanks Smell, I forgot we had a Harrington Thread

tenor.gif

Let’s not forget about this gem as well

Lord have mercy.

There was that whole Dahlin thing too IIRC

Yes, true. But neither the lottery nor a generational prospect had been something I've harped about for years.

I'm getting constant tweets about LaFontaine. The story has been written in multiple columns in the last 5 years, mostly from @ByBuckyGleason. Over and over. It was a power struggle. I don't know what I can say other than that. To say it's never been written is just plain wrong.

Mike Harrington Retweeted Scott DeMayo

He has never talked about it on the record. The full story has been written about what happened. It wasnt' deep, dark and complicated. He lost a power struggle.

I do not think this is correct. I don't think the "full story" ever has been written. We, on this site, would know.

There was that whole Dahlin thing too IIRC

What whole Dahlin thing?

Dahlin is proof that Tanking is bad but finishing 31st by accident is good.  Because magic is a real thing that serious journalists (i.e. people that writes for newspapers and not blogs) believe in.

Dahlin is proof that Tanking is bad but finishing 31st by accident is good.  Because magic is a real thing that serious journalists (i.e. people that writes for newspapers and not blogs) believe in.

Ahh gotcha. Thanks

Holy sh1t. Of all the rank-ass takes that derp has spewed -- that one was the worst. And it's not even close.

Also, missed that initially. Lulz.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Cripes.

First Brandon's sent packing, and now arguably the most respected writer covering the NHL takes a sh1t on Harrington.

I'm havin' myself a week.

Is frozen chunks of urine falling on people from planes still a thing? Heads-up, your honor!

You'd better sit down for this. 

The Sabres won the draft lottery this weekend.

Last weekend.

I'm getting constant tweets about LaFontaine. The story has been written in multiple columns in the last 5 years, mostly from @ByBuckyGleason. Over and over. It was a power struggle. I don't know what I can say other than that. To say it's never been written is just plain wrong.

Mike Harrington Retweeted Scott DeMayo

He has never talked about it on the record. The full story has been written about what happened. It wasnt' deep, dark and complicated. He lost a power struggle.

I do not think this is correct. I don't think the "full story" ever has been written. We, on this site, would know.

What's that, Lassie? Eleven's trapped in Harrington's well on Twitter?

Re: Bucky's alleged drapes comment. Kim has not always done herself a favor.

Kim said she and Terry have a good balance.

“He’s not into computers or emails, but I am. He’s talking about the draft, the players – I’m talking about the wives and their kids. But the important things [in life and business] we are very alike on. The big things – like moving to Hilton Head, or buying the team – we’re always very much in agreement on.”

http://buffalo.com/2015/05/01/the-billionaire-next-door/

I’m a little muzzy from beer and sun, on vacation. And i want to say:

I’m sorry, John.

You’re a god damned fine writer. One of the best in our market. Probably the best, along with Tim Graham. A master of your craft.

Please accept my apology and understand that the content I post here is (mostly) idle pratter that serves as a form of entertainment facilitated by our fearless leader, SDS.

Stay! Enjoy! Contribute!

* Wawrow (so that it pops for a word search)

I know I'm a Month late catching up on reading this thread - but I just wanted to tell you, I thought this was very big of you.  I have a lot of respect for you posting this.  

(someone better reply, I have a low post total, haha)

Edited by 7+6=13

I know I'm a Month late catching up on reading this thread - but I just wanted to tell you, I thought this was very big of you. I have a lot of respect for you posting this.

Kind of you to say.

In my defence, I was day drinking in Arizona when I posted that.

I know I'm a Month late catching up on reading this thread - but I just wanted to tell you, I thought this was very big of you.  I have a lot of respect for you posting this.  

I will allow it. Now off you go.

Love that we've made it to the "Look, he's always been nice to me and I don't *think* he's sexist" phase of the Mike Harrington experience.

Way to go, TBN.

Also, "way to go" Elliotte Friedman. "He's nice to me (see: a man) so I don't think he's sexist" is literally among the worst arguments that can be made on the subject. Way to take a stand, Elliotte  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Also, "way to go" Elliotte Friedman. "He's nice to me (see: a man) so I don't think he's sexist" is literally among the worst arguments that can be made on the subject. Way to take a stand, Elliotte  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

That's not what he said.

Re: Bucky's alleged drapes comment. Kim has not always done herself a favor.

What horsesh1t this is.

Neither you nor I have any earthly idea of how thin the edge of the razor is (and how brutally sharp it is) that women must stand upon (with grace! with poise! with resolve! but not too much! hey - resting b1tch face! Black Widow!) in order to make it, be respected in a wide variety of businesses and industries.

Honestly.

And speaking again of Bucky, know what I find interesting? Some of his worst content regarding Kim appears to have been taken down from TBN servers. I can't find it anywhere. It was published in September 2014. I remember the key words he used: She's a controlling personality. Some Sabres brass had become wary of her. She's not as sweet as she seems.

I can't find that article on any TBN platform. It pops up being quoted on a few blogs after a Google search, with hyperlinks that yield error messages. I reckon it's been scrubbed from TBN archives, in recognition of how shameful it was to have published it.

I'm not here to lionize my former secret girlfriend Kim Pegula. But I cannot abide the sexist, borderline misogynistic manner in which she's being questioned and criticized by some.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.