Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

Mike white or Kyle Lauletta are intriguing. If they could come away from this draft with 2 starting OL, 2 starting LB and the QB of the future I'll need to change my pants.

For some reason the later round QB's seem more intriguing for me.

Rosen seems one hit away from having applesauce for brain.

Mayfield and darnold have mechanical issues whatever that means.

Allen has a big arm that is it, and along with jackson and rudolph might not have the accuracy.

They should just use the picks and fill up some of the holes, the QB you take will have to sit a year anyway.

I've been thinking about Allen and his mediocre completion %.  Allen even admits he had poor foot work at times that lead to some inaccurate throws.  However, I was thinking about everything that goes into completion % some things that the QB controls and so many things he doesn't.  On his side is foot work, release point, accuracy, arm strength and ability to read coverages.  Things he doesn't control: Coaching including have they corrected his flaws, what scheme are they running (does it force the ball down the field or is it dink and dunk), play calling; how good is the OLine, do they give the QB time to go through his progressions or not; how good are his skill players, do they run their routes well, can they catch the ball, are they able to read the play to cut off the route and get open, do they create separation etc..  I'm now wondering how important that stat is.

Allen has a big arm that is it, and along with jackson and rudolph might not have the accuracy.

They should just use the picks and fill up some of the holes, the QB you take will have to sit a year anyway.

Like they did last year instead of getting Watson? Or in something like 24 of the last 26 years instead of replacing Kelly? 

Filling holes is useless unless you have a QB. 

I've been thinking about Allen and his mediocre completion %.  Allen even admits he had poor foot work at times that lead to some inaccurate throws.  However, I was thinking about everything that goes into completion % some things that the QB controls and so many things he doesn't.  On his side is foot work, release point, accuracy, arm strength and ability to read coverages.  Things he doesn't control: Coaching including have they corrected his flaws, what scheme are they running (does it force the ball down the field or is it dink and dunk), play calling; how good is the OLine, do they give the QB time to go through his progressions or not; how good are his skill players, do they run their routes well, can they catch the ball, are they able to read the play to cut off the route and get open, do they create separation etc..  I'm now wondering how important that stat is.

Mike white or Kyle Lauletta are intriguing. If they could come away from this draft with 2 starting OL, 2 starting LB and the QB of the future I'll need to change my pants.

Sure, in the same way that Grigorenko was intriguing as a #1C.

I disagree with literally this entire post :lol:

Like they did last year instead of getting Watson? Or in something like 24 of the last 26 years instead of replacing Kelly? 

Filling holes is useless unless you have a QB. 

It's not useless, we're just tired of seeing it for nearly 3 decades.

So let it be written. So let it be done.

Look, I'm as entertained by Liger freakouts as anyone. But please not with this. Do NOT wish for this to be the trigger.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

The guy who Tweets as Yards Per Pass (re the Bills) is pretty good. He Tweeted over the weekend that the reason he likes Allen over Mayfield (but *not* more than Darnold or Rosen) is that Allen's "best" is better than any other QB prospect's best.

Which just seems like a perspective and take tailor-made for teeing up a bust.

I am sure it's analytically flawed, or worse, but I can't shake this video of Allen at the Senior Bowl practices.

https://twitter.com/NickiJhabvala/status/956228021945618437

In the 4th round (& beyond) of the NHL draft & in the 6th & 7th rounds of the NFL draft, sure, draft for ceiling if that's your thing. Realizing MOST of those guys will bust.

But PLEASE do not roll the dice on a long shot w/ pick 12 nor, even worse, use pick 12 + additional assets for a shot at that long shot. When Kelly was in Buffalo, the Bills could have afforded to take that shot though they never did. The Packers could afford that risk when they had Favre because they had the time & skill @ coaching to improve Rodgers mechanics & he turned into a HoFer after watching, learning, & practicing from the bench for multiple years.

The 2018 Bills don't have the luxury to take on a project because the best other guy they have is AJ friggin' McCarron. They already have 2 projects; they DON'T need a 3rd.

Edited by Taro T

This day in age with the over-saturation of coverage for the NFL Draft, a lot of people are picking out more and more flaws of the QB's then ever before.

Having said this, considering the Buffalo Bills have never, and i mean ever, drafted a QB in the Top 10 of an NFL Draft, this speaks volumes as to why our record is so poor historically.

Even if the Bills miss on the QB pick, you HAVE to try. Top 5 QB's overall compared to Non Top 5 QB's historically are much more successful, even if the ratio is 50/50 for the Top 5, compared to 30, 20 percent and lower on down as the draft progresses.

Edited by (E5)

This day in age with the over-saturation of coverage for the NFL Draft, a lot of people are picking out more and more flaws of the QB's then ever before.

Having said this, considering the Buffalo Bills have never, and i mean ever, drafted a QB in the Top 10 of an NFL Draft, this speaks volumes as to why our record is so poor historically.

Even if the Bills miss on the QB pick, you HAVE to try. Top 5 QB's overall compared to Non Top 5 QB's historically are much more successful, even if the ratio is 50/50 for the Top 5, compared to 30, 20 percent and lower on down as the draft progresses.

I said this above, but if you look at the drafts where Buffalo had top ten picks, it's really easy to see why this never has happened.

I said this above, but if you look at the drafts where Buffalo had top ten picks, it's really easy to see why this never has happened.

Then they haven't traded up enough. 17 years without playoffs. Haven't won a playoff game since what 1995? 1996? The Bills like the Sabres have lived too long on the past success. It isn't 1995, it isn't 2005. What have you done for me lately? 

Then they haven't traded up enough. 17 years without playoffs. Haven't won a playoff game since what 1995? 1996? The Bills like the Sabres have lived too long on the past success. It isn't 1995, it isn't 2005. What have you done for me lately?

Past success? More like what have you done for me ever.

ESPN with one of the dumbest quizes ever.

"Here's 4 useless stats meant to trick you into picking obviously incorrect answers. Hah! Gotcha!"

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/23258672/nfl-quarterback-blind-quiz-pick-best-players-busts-based-college-football-stats

Edit: Apparently Mason Rudolph compares to Peyton and Big Ben. Who knew :lol:

Edited by Jokertecken

Past success? More like what have you done for me ever.

Exactly. But the bills and the sabres love to toss out those years they were good. Great you almost won something, faningtastic. Actually win it all and then we'll take. I am not asking my sports teams to be better anymore, I demand it. 

What is Sports Thunder?

First Weekend in October 2013, they did live local coverage for 72 hours as the Bills played on Thursday Night and the Sabres had a back to back versus Ottawa and Pittsburgh. The Bills game was a 37-24 Loss to Cleveland during which EJ Manuel suffered a knee injury and the Sabres lost 1-0 and 4-1. Sports Thunder became synonymous with failure of Buffalo Sports Teams. Tempting fate again could lead to disastrous results.

That's valid.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.