Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

39 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

That was different.   Rodgers dropped in the draft to a good team who had an established veteran QB.     I'm sure Rodgers could've played much sooner and had the same amount of success because of the team around him.

My point was just that Rodgers had 3 years of NFL experience in which to develop/improve his pocket awareness.

7 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

That's taking it too far. I'm not their biggest fan, but they're not in fireable territory yet. If Allen busts? Yup, then let's talk. But they've been in place for a year and made the playoffs. In spite of my belief they fell back asswards into that success, it still buys them some time. 

I think you should be more worried than you are. 

6 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I mean, my eye is untrained, but Peterman absolutely had at least 9 plays (that's how many were in the one I saw) where legitimate options were NFL open, usually more than one. 

It's not to say that KB was running down the seam with no one within 20 yards.

There were at least two plays shown where the deep man WAS wiiiiiiide open for six though.

And occasionally the line didn't hold up long enough to blame it on Peterman. 

But Peterman's historically bad performance is the main reason why that game was so bad, is what I'm getting at.

He's out.

I have no doubt there were receivers open he missed...that happens to even the best, there are busted coverages, scheme allows guys open they think the QB is a low rist to complete passes to, etc. But the notion there were receivers just open all the time, with our receiving corps against a good pass defense, doesn't do much to pass the sniff test.

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

My point was just that Rodgers had 3 years of NFL experience in which to develop/improve his pocket awareness.

I think it's a hard sell to argue a QB can improve his pocket presence from the bench.

2 hours ago, darksabre said:

I think you should be more worried than you are. 

Oh, I'm plenty worried. But realistically, unless every game is a 40-point shellacking, they're getting another offseason to finish their rebuild.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

My interest in keeping Allen on the bench lies purely in the ability to master his playbook and then really start to focus on understanding defenses. 

He was still having plays explained into his headset in preseason three weeks ago, because it's a non-trivial task. We burned TOs because of it and in general I think it's better for the "trial by fire" to start when that stuff is second nature.

3 hours ago, Hoss said:

And Brady behind Bledsoe.

You can keep beating this drum, but common sense would tell anyone willing to listen that having a year to develop as a backup is good for a young QB.  And now that first-round picks don't make $20M a year anymore (thank you Sam Bradford), it's feasible for a normal team to do this.

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

You can keep beating this drum, but common sense would tell anyone willing to listen that having a year to develop as a backup is good for a young QB.  And now that first-round picks don't make $20M a year anymore (thank you Sam Bradford), it's feasible for a normal team to do this.

I wasn’t beating any drum? I was just adding a fact to what Freeman said.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Yes indeedly, and it sure would've been nice if the Bills hadn't eliminated this option by going with just Petey and Allen

But I think it was TBPhD who was beating the drum.

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

McCarron should have been the next man up.

If Allen is crushed under the weight of trying to lead this offence, then McDermott’s unwarranted love of Peterman is potentially a franchise-altering mistake.

Cold hard truthiness right there.

There is no magic formula for developing a QB. There are so many examples of those that waited and succeeded and those that started right away and did too. The QB is by far the most unknown and volitaile position I sports. We all know nothing; either he's good or he's not 

• Like (+1) 1

Or sitting on the bench and developing or playing and developing... each one is different and its different strokes for different folks... some can play into a good starter and others learn well on the bench and figure things out.  In Josh Allen's case sitting on the bench and learning what to do or not to do against different fronts would have been useful rather than throwing him into the fire right away.  Not saying he can't figure it out, I just don't expect to the Bills to be picking outside of the top 5 even if he does figure it out as a starter this year.

3 hours ago, WildCard said:

There is no magic formula for developing a QB. There are so many examples of those that waited and succeeded and those that started right away and did too. The QB is by far the most unknown and volitaile position I sports. We all know nothing; either he's good or he's not 

Kelvin Benjamin on the loss to the Ravens.

"I don't think it was that bad, it was just a blowout."  Yikes, has he hit another level of just don't give a shyte?  How are the Bill supposed to win with clueless player like this who can't catch a sure TD that hits him in the chest?

Edited by Marions Piazza

1 hour ago, Marions Piazza said:

Kelvin Benjamin on the loss to the Ravens.

"I don't think it was that bad, it was just a blowout."  Yikes, has he hit another level of just don't give a shyte?  How are the Bill supposed to win with clueless player like this who can't catch a sure TD that hits him in the chest?

I'm worried more about his on the field play rather than innocuous comments to the media. I've dropped him in every fantasy league I had him in. (He was a WR4/5)

21 minutes ago, inkman said:

I'm worried more about his on the field play rather than innocuous comments to the media. I've dropped him in every fantasy league I had him in. (He was a WR4/5)

me too, but what bother's me is that he doesn't think he played poorly, maybe if he could admit he played like crap instead of making excuses (like it was raining) he might be better on the field.

1 hour ago, Marions Piazza said:

me too, but what bother's me is that he doesn't think he played poorly, maybe if he could admit he played like crap instead of making excuses (like it was raining) he might be better on the field.

I dont think this tree bears that kind of fruit. It's becoming painfully clear why Carolina wanted to move on from him. 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, inkman said:

I dont think this tree bears that kind of fruit. It's becoming painfully clear why Carolina wanted to move on from him. 

it was kind of like when the Sabres traded for Brad Boyes, I was excited, but it really went no where.

Edited by Marions Piazza

2 minutes ago, inkman said:

Murphy is just an unlistenable schill at this point.  Nothing of substance ever discussed. I haven't tuned in in years, caught a few seconds by mistake today. It's awful. 

Murphy: "Are the Bills great or the greatest?"  Let's discuss this topic every show, every day.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, inkman said:

Murphy is just an unlistenable schill at this point.  Nothing of substance ever discussed. I haven't tuned in in years, caught a few seconds by mistake today. It's awful. 

I’ve been saying his call during the game is bad for years, too. When comparing to other teams he gets blown out of the water.

The Bills' facebook and twitter pages are pretty annoying. Their signature thing is to write short statements that aren't complete sentences in rapid succession. And then use dumb emojis. 

Today is an article about the home opener with the caption: Two. More. Days. 

They shared an article that talks about young QBs a few weeks back and had the following to say: Nathan Peterman. Josh Allen. Baker Mayfield. Sam Darnold. Josh Rosen. Lamar Jackson. 

Or something similar. 

After Josh Allen's first preseason performance, it was:
9/19. 
100whatever yards.
1TD. 

Buffalo native.
Graduate of St. Francis High School.
And the Buffalo Bills were his favorite team growing up.

Get to know Offensive Coordinator Brian Daboll in Life on the Sidelines.

Before the preseason:
Three. More. Days.
Two. More. Days.

Before Carolina preseason game. 
The. Bills. Are. Back. 

Every time I read it I cringe and get thisclose to unfollowing the page

are we five

billsfb.JPG

Edited by Randall Flagg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.