Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

1 hour ago, sabills said:

Do not like what I'm seeing from Allen. All that work they said he did this summer on his foot work completely disappeared on that 2nd down throw. 

He was doing very well in keeping his feet moving. Just about no chance on four of the five sacks. Not sure what you were expecting but his footwork was not an issue today.

I stand by my earlier contention.  This line will get Allen killed.  Start Chad Peterman (Nate Pennington?) & let him or McCarron (if he heals up) get pounded.  Give Allen games 15 & 16 and a real O-line next season.

If he's still alive next season, let Pennington, er, Peterman be Josh's backup.

REALLY tired of throwing away entire seasons, but I want to see Allen running the show for the next 15 seasons.  Only having 80% of his current arm strength because he blew out his throwing shoukder or elbow will not allow that to happen.  If it takes this season being a throw away for him to come away healthy, then so be it.  Stinks, but it is what it is.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I stand by my earlier contention.  This line will get Allen killed.  Start Chad Peterman (Nate Pennington?) & let him or McCarron (if he heals up) get pounded.  Give Allen games 15 & 16 and a real O-line next season.

If he's still alive next season, let Pennington, er, Peterman be Josh's backup.

REALLY tired of throwing away entire seasons, but I want to see Allen running the show for the next 15 seasons.  Only having 80% of his current arm strength because he blew out his throwing shoukder or elbow will not allow that to happen.  If it takes this season being a throw away for him to come away healthy, then so be it.  Stinks, but it is what it is.

Agreed on all counts.

First it's still the preseason and a rookie QB can make the OLine look a lot worst than it already is by not making the correct reads. Didn't see enough of the 1Q to really make a good judgement but with most rookies he's going to have his moments where he looks great and when he makes the entire offense look atrocious. Sounds like he had the latter yesterday.

9 minutes ago, jsb said:

First it's still the preseason and a rookie QB can make the OLine look a lot worst than it already is by not making the correct reads. Didn't see enough of the 1Q to really make a good judgement but with most rookies he's going to have his moments where he looks great and when he makes the entire offense look atrocious. Sounds like he had the latter yesterday.

It wasn't Allen making the line look bad, and I'm as critical of that draft selection as anyone.  That line was horrible and if not for Allen, it could have been 7 or 8 sacks in the first half.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It wasn't Allen making the line look bad, and I'm as critical of that draft selection as anyone.  That line was horrible and if not for Allen, it could have been 7 or 8 sacks in the first half.

Yup. I'll gladly blame Allen if it's applicable. But yesterday was not his fault at all. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.