Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

The hype train for this draft is out of control.    These QBs really aren't that great, but they have all the fans salivating because the media wants everybody to tune in Thurs night to see which "franchise" QB their team ends up with.   

I wouldn't be surprised if only 3 QBs go in the first round..  with guys "dropping" like stones left and right because the GMs know there are much better players available at other positions.  

History teaches that, of the 6 who are being discussed as 1st round picks (that includes Rudolph and Jackson), only ___ will turn out to be very good or better than that; ____ will attain journeyman status; and ___ will eventually wash out of the league without doing anything meaningful.

(The blanks are intentional. I have no frickin' idea.)

The hype train for this draft is out of control. These QBs really aren't that great, but they have all the fans salivating because the media wants everybody to tune in Thurs night to see which "franchise" QB their team ends up with.

I wouldn't be surprised if only 3 QBs go in the first round.. with guys "dropping" like stones left and right because the GMs know there are much better players available at other positions.

Maybe you'll be right they're overhyped, but there's no way only 3 go in round 1.

Maybe you'll be right they're overhyped, but there's no way only 3 go in round 1.

I agree w/ you.  They are definitely overhyped, but at least 5 are going to be drafted tomorrow night.  But Pi has a point; this isn't 1983 and it's getting annoying listening to all these voices treating it as if it were.

I agree w/ you.  They are definitely overhyped, but at least 5 are going to be drafted tomorrow night.  But Pi has a point; this isn't 1983 and it's getting annoying listening to all these voices treating it as if it were.

Fooking right.

(Unless it is?)

I will say, my annoyance turned to amusement when I watched the recent interviews of Rosen. I like that guy.

https://twitter.com/JordanHeckFF/status/988870462443835393

Sorry it won't embed.

Why the hell are the Browns putting out smokescreens less than 36 hours before the draft, or are they trying to trade the pick?

I said it earlier today, I think they're going QB with the 4th pick.  The smokescreens are made in hopes of their favored guy falling to that pick.

@JeffDarlington

Bills GM Brandon Beane made clear to me he doesn’t plan to get robbed by anyone — especially the Giants at No. 2 overall — to move that high. 

His leverage for avoiding that seems simple: He could still potentially get his QB with a move to No. 4 or No. 6.

I said it earlier today, I think they're going QB with the 4th pick.  The smokescreens are made in hopes of their favored guy falling to that pick.

I want to preface this by saying that I think that drafting a RB first overall is inherently a bad idea. Probably even drafting one in the first round.

BUT.

If the Browns really want Barkley, they could easily take him first and then draft one of Darnold, Allen, or Mayfield (or Rosen, for that matter) at 4. If they grade 3 QBs around the same, then they might as well do that. They'd be smarter doing that then trading out, because its possible that if someone trades into that spot that there could be 3 QBs gone by the time the Browns are up. Drafting Barkley 1 and drafting at 3 is the only way they get Barkley and one of their guys (probably).

If true that would mean...

Barkley

Darnold

Mayfield

Allen

I would...actually take that? Because then they'd HAVE to trade up and get Rosen, which is who I want anyways. If they can move up to 5 or 6 with only using 12 and 22, get Rosen, and still have 5 (6? I can't remember) picks remaining in rounds 2 and 3 I'm walking away from this draft super happy.

More from Darlington

I just spoke to Bills GM Brandon Beane. Key takeaways:

- He absolutely believes they have ammo to get to No. 2 without giving up much in future years — but might not need to go that high to get their guy.

- He does covet at least one QB as a franchise guy.

- This could be fun.

Agreed on drafting a RB that high.

Howevah. The kid from Penn State appears to be a very special player. It'd be justified to take him if you felt assured you were getting a Gurley/Elliott stud (or maybe even better).

No one is better then Tudd

Trade to 6, take Rosen.

More from Darlington

I just spoke to Bills GM Brandon Beane. Key takeaways:

- He absolutely believes they have ammo to get to No. 2 without giving up much in future years — but might not need to go that high to get their guy.

- He does covet at least one QB as a franchise guy.

- This could be fun.

Awwwwwwwwh yeah baby let's do this

Agreed on drafting a RB that high.

Howevah. The kid from Penn State appears to be a very special player. It'd be justified to take him if you felt assured you were getting a Gurley/Elliott stud (or maybe even better).

The problem, which I'd never thought of before, that was pointed out on WGR by someone at some point is the price point on that RB. The way the rookie pay scale works, if you draft a RB at 1st overall he'd instantly become a top-5 paid RB in the league. 7m for a QB is a good deal, 7m for a RB, that guy BETTER be the best to come out of the draft in 10 years, because otherwise he ain't worth it.

@JeffDarlington

In our conversation, Bills GM Brandon Beane told me his possession of 22nd overall pick is the key here to a potential trade into Top 5 that can keep him from needing to mortgage future. 

Point of all this: Bills are THE team to watch that could throw top of draft into frenzy.

The problem, which I'd never thought of before, that was pointed out on WGR by someone at some point is the price point on that RB. The way the rookie pay scale works, if you draft a RB at 1st overall he'd instantly become a top-5 paid RB in the league. 7m for a QB is a good deal, 7m for a RB, that guy BETTER be the best to come out of the draft in 10 years, because otherwise he ain't worth it.

math is hard.

One last QB post from me. 

Josh Allen, in Mountain West, threw for over 240 yards last season once. It was against Gardner-Webb University. 

He has atrocious mechanics, atrocious stats, atrocious accuracy, and atrocious ability to read the defense. He is amazing at chucking the ball super far to his cousin Wyatt at Thanksgiving. His agent is also incredible, as evidenced by the bad-tape-to-positive-coverage ratio.

There is a QB in this draft that is everything we need - the ability to read defenses, use the best mechanics we've seen from a college QB in years, and deliver a timely and accurate pass to the right player. Beane better draft that guy. (Mayfield, and then Darnold would be acceptable too, but not ideal for me.)

Just get it done!!

According to Lamar Jackson, the Bills have not once met with Lamar Jackson.

Edited by Randall Flagg

One last QB post from me. 

Josh Allen, in Mountain West, threw for over 240 yards last season once. It was against Gardner-Webb University. 

He has atrocious mechanics, atrocious stats, atrocious accuracy, and atrocious ability to read the defense. He is amazing at chucking the ball super far to his cousin Wyatt at Thanksgiving. His agent is also incredible, as evidenced by the bad-tape-to-positive-coverage ratio.

There is a QB in this draft that is everything we need - the ability to read defenses, use the best mechanics we've seen from a college QB in years, and deliver a timely and accurate pass to the right player. Beane better draft that guy. (Mayfield, and then Darnold would be acceptable too, but not ideal for me.)

Just get it done!!

According to Lamar Jackson, the Bills have not once met with Lamar Jackson.

There is also one QB in this group who suffered multiple concussions last season and missed some time.   Buyer beware!

Josh Rosen on interest from Bills: "I had a great visit with them. A lot of fun. If they want to pick me, they’ll pick me, and I would love to be in Buffalo."

Wrong answer. He should have sh!t all over the city and then went to Houston for 2 years before returning to the Bills. Then he'd be the fcuking man!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.