2018 Winter Olympics

darksabre

Telegenic women skiers have always been a TV draw.  Remember Susie Chapstick?

Picabo Street comes to mind, too. 

We always pin our hopes on a few faces. Used to be Picabo, Bode Miller, Apollo Ohno, Michelle Kwan. Right now it's Mikaela Shiffrin, Vonn, Shaun White (still). But we're really not that good in these games this year. Mikaela was suffering from the norovirus going round the Olympic Village during her runs (hah). Vonn is up there in years for the sport as a woman/half made of metal at this point. White is probably done now. 

So next we've got Chloe Kim for snowboard- gonna need another blonde for skiing. 

:unsure:

Are you talking about Virtue and Moir?

Shibutanis, probably.

Yeah, it is unusual to have bro/sis doing that. But they're far from the same kind of... uh... fire and passion... of Virtue and Moir. Who practically bang on the ice. 

Shibutanis, probably.

Yeah, it is unusual to have bro/sis doing that. But they're far from the same kind of... uh... fire and passion... of Virtue and Moir. Who practically bang on the ice. 

OK.

Yeah.  Virtue and Moir have long denied that they are a couple.  Yeah, right.

I don't even try those moves with my wife. 

Picabo Street comes to mind, too.

We always pin our hopes on a few faces. Used to be Picabo, Bode Miller, Apollo Ohno, Michelle Kwan. Right now it's Mikaela Shiffrin, Vonn, Shaun White (still). But we're really not that good in these games this year. Mikaela was suffering from the norovirus going round the Olympic Village during her runs (hah). Vonn is up there in years for the sport as a woman/half made of metal at this point. White is probably done now.

So next we've got Chloe Kim for snowboard- gonna need another blonde for skiing.

American skiing will never be short on attractive blonde women.

OK.

Yeah.  Virtue and Moir have long denied that they are a couple.  Yeah, right.

I don't even try those moves with my wife. 

I've been hearing about their supposed romance non stop, so I really started staring them down. When she's not performing, Virtue doesn't really look into it. She'll hug and all, but he always initiates. I won't deny he's nuts about her- he gazes at her longingly a lot. I haven't really gotten the same vibe going the other way though. They've been skating partners since they were 7 and 9, respectively. I dunno what that does to a relationship- 20 years of competing together, growing up together. Is that a deep love/bond or a romantic one?

The American pairs duo Scimeca and Knierim are married. She was thought to be dying of a horrific disease even on their wedding day. It's a hell of a story, and they're the first married couple to compete together at the Olympics. That relationship definitely grew on ice, though. 

then again, who really cares? they bring it on the ice and I enjoy watching them. I'll forget about them in about a month until the next Olympics. 

I am surprised by the way US and Canada have been trending in recent winter games.

It’s like the Sabres franchise beating the Rangers - sure Canada per capita is more focused on winter sports than USA, but it’s freaking Buffalo versus New York City.

The Czechs are toying with them now.

Wow!!!!

Just getting peppered then getting a shortie!

I find it hard to get excited about any team handling a bunch of minor leaguers.

How many former Sabres are playing on Olympic hockey teams?

Gionta, Roy, Enroth, Grigorenko, Ehrhoff, Gragnani. I watched for about 30 minutes this morning and all these names came up. For Buffalo to field a horrible team over the past half dozen years, they do okay sending players on to the Olympics.

Every one of those players is out of the NHL for a reason

Lindsey Vonn seems to be both a great teammate and person from what I have seen in these Olympics, in addition to a great skier. 

Bode Miller has done a great job commentating on the skiing.  I've learned a lot from him over the last week or so.

Curling rules!  I'm watching 3 hours of that every night!  CNBC - Curling, Nothing But Curling!

I didn't think I would be into these Olympics much, but I'm really enjoying them.

Lindsey Vonn seems to be both a great teammate and person from what I have seen in these Olympics, in addition to a great skier. 

Bode Miller has done a great job commentating on the skiing.  I've learned a lot from him over the last week or so.

Curling rules!  I'm watching 3 hours of that every night!  CNBC - Curling, Nothing But Curling!

I didn't think I would be into these Olympics much, but I'm really enjoying them.

So good.

Who knew women's cross country skiing could be so exciting. I was out of my seat watching this one...

https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/us-ends-42-year-olympic-cross-country-medal-drought-historic-gold

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966492623031685121

Well.. it helps when it's the first ever gold... :)

Bode Miller commentates like a skier.  The dude is just so deadpan about everything.  He sounds like a guy who is used to rocketing down a hill at 70-80mph on a sheet of ice.  I wonder if his heart rate can get above 50.  :)  He's extremely insightful though.

I've barely watched the Olympics this year mostly because NBC blows and it's always figure skating, either showing it or talking about it.  The past few nights I stayed up to watch some things but last night I was too tired and I have some kind of cold coming on so I went to bed early.  I really wanted to watch USA v. Canada... but given how i feel this morning it's best that I did not.

I hate shootouts to win a tournament game/playoff game and especially in a medal game.  That said... way to go ladies.. Team USA gets the win and that's awesome.

Who knew women's cross country skiing could be so exciting. I was out of my seat watching this one...

https://www.nbcolympics.com/news/us-ends-42-year-olympic-cross-country-medal-drought-historic-gold

https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/966492623031685121

I had that on in the background while attempting to get some work done.  Needless to say I did not accomplish much

I've been hearing about their supposed romance non stop, so I really started staring them down. When she's not performing, Virtue doesn't really look into it. She'll hug and all, but he always initiates. I won't deny he's nuts about her- he gazes at her longingly a lot. I haven't really gotten the same vibe going the other way though. They've been skating partners since they were 7 and 9, respectively. I dunno what that does to a relationship- 20 years of competing together, growing up together. Is that a deep love/bond or a romantic one?

The American pairs duo Scimeca and Knierim are married. She was thought to be dying of a horrific disease even on their wedding day. It's a hell of a story, and they're the first married couple to compete together at the Olympics. That relationship definitely grew on ice, though.

then again, who really cares? they bring it on the ice and I enjoy watching them. I'll forget about them in about a month until the next Olympics.

Honestly its better for him if they are not...there is a 3 week Roman going on right now...much better to not be tied down

Which makes her relationship with Tiger even weirder. Dude is a scumbag.

Not weird, he had money,status and power. 3 things women are and always have been attracted to. Plus if you believe the stories he puts it down in the bedroom which definitely helps his cause as well.

FYI women like guys who they know other women are attracted to.

Edited by matter2003

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.