Trade Deadline Deals 2018 (Non-Sabres Thread)

Brawndo

How soon before players with a large cap hit are traded to a cap floor such as Arizona, only to be traded back to the original team in the same season with the floor team holding a percentage of said contract? This reduces the total cap hit for the original team.

This may already be illegal per the CBA. Perhaps Taro can weigh in on this.

I'd put money on the NHL vetoing any such move, even if it's not explicitly in the CBA.

karlssonnn.jpg

Ottawa is a disaster, Karlsson is going to be gone, and I don't think they even have their first round pick next year. Theyre going to have a tank season without the pick at the end.

How much you want to bet the Senators are sold, or relocated?  Very possibly both.

TRADE The #Oilers have acquired a 2019 third-round #NHLDraft pick from the @NYIslanders in exchange for defenceman Brandon Davidson.

Brawndo is working the trade wire these days...

Is this a prep move by the Isles to move a different D off the Island with Halak in exchange for a goaltender?  Wonder if Lehner/Pouliot/Gorges to Isles for one of (Pulock, Pelech, Aho) and Halak and potentially a low pick if required.

But all the pretty girls are getting asked to the spring cotillion!

But then you show up at the door with your freshly pressed suit and coursage only to find out that she meant “maybe” she would go with you all the while waiting for Jimmy and his Mustang converible to ask her to the big dance....no I’m not bitter water under the bridge...mumble mumble...

But then you show up at the door with your freshly pressed suit and coursage only to find out that she meant “maybe” she would go with you all the while waiting for Jimmy and his Mustang converible to ask her to the big dance....no I’m not bitter water under the bridge...mumble mumble...

Oddly specific!

They need a rule to prevent this Bassard sort of deal. It was initially rejected because absolutely nothing went to Vegas, they just took on salary as a favor or something. It's a circumvention of the cap and imo shouldn't be allowed.  Since it is though, I guess it sets a standard for others to imitate. Are you listening Jason???

Looks like Nash to Boston getting closer

Following up our Headlines.. sources saying framework of a deal in place btw @NYRangers and @NHLBruins for Rick Nash. Salary cap implications much like the Brassard deal still being worked on #notdone @NHL

From Kypreos

Edited by Brawndo

Per McKenzie

If Nash to BOS gets “done” — many speculating terms may be tentatively set pending BOS taking care of cap complications — the anticipated price/return could be a first-round pick and a solid prospect:

That’s closer to Kane’s Framework hopefully

I can't imagine devoting one second of my life to caring about this

0773fee28970344f7262cb9976ff8ca6_bigger.John ShannonVerified account @JSportsnet
FollowFollow @JSportsnet
More

So my question...why would Vegas take money on Brassard and help Pittsburgh? It appears otherwise, Brassard was heading to a western team, VGK got involved to keep him in the east. As I was told “Better to face him in round 4 than 2.”

Except he was coming to Winnipeg and it would have been the 3rd round, not the 2nd.

I hope Boston gets Nash so we don't.

If I were Chevy, I would give the Oilers an offer they couldn't refuse for RNH.

Not yet official yet because the trade call with NHL has not happened but BOS and NYR have a deal in place for Rick Nash. Return to NYR expected to include BOS first-round pick and prospect defenseman Ryan Lindgren, but there are other elements to the deal as well.

Per McKenzie

Now official

OFFICIAL: #NYR  have acquired a first-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft, defenseman Ryan Lindgren, forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Beleskey, and a seventh-round pick in the 2019 NHL Draft from the Bruins in exchange for Rick Nash.

Wow, that's a lot.  Hopefully this bodes well for our return on Kane.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.