Trade Deadline Deals 2018 (Non-Sabres Thread)

Brawndo

Oh come on. This is just getting depressing

Good GM'ing right there

Tatar is much better than kane at actual hockey without all the off-ice crap, and has more term. Didn't you help me bash the way kane plays like for the past 1.5 years? I don't get why this is so surprising/upsetting 

Other GMs see Kane firing shot after shot into shinpads all game every game, they understand the crap that we complained about probably more than we do

Edited by Randall Flagg

Tatar is much better than kane at actual hockey without all the off-ice crap, and has more term. Didn't you help me bash the way kane plays like for the past 1.5 years? I don't get why this is so surprising/upsetting 

Other GMs see Kane firing shot after shot into shinpads all game every game, they understand the crap that we complained about probably more than we do

Good points. It's upsetting because this was really the only asset we had to kick off a fast rebuild, and now we have nothing to start with. We pretty much have to be perfect in the draft, and can't afford Nylander, Mittelstadt, or Guhle not panning out. We have a bare cupboard and came home from the store with a head of lettuce

He's a better player and isn't a rental. He has 3 goddamn years left on that contract. 

There were plenty of rentals that went for a lot more too

Christ. Just cancel the rest of the season and give them the cup.

JT Miller going to Tampa as well

Still think it's not them. Every year we see a powerhouse team make giant moves at the deadline, and every year they fall short in the playoffs. Why fix what isn't broken?

He got a lot more than Kane, that's the thing.

So you want to ignore the differences and just compare the two deals?  

He's a salary commitment of $5.3M for 4 more years.  The 2nd round pick is 2019 and 3rd is 2021.  

Good points. It's upsetting because this was really the only asset we had to kick off a fast rebuild, and now we have nothing to start with. We pretty much have to be perfect in the draft, and can't afford Nylander, Mittelstadt, or Guhle not panning out. We have a bare cupboard and came home from the store with a head of lettuce

If you only have enough money for lettuce, you are well and truly

I think it might be too late...

So Stalin for Dahlin and now definetly Gold and Blue for Hughes...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.