(OT) If you had to name a Sandwich Captain of your Sandwich Team, what kind of sandwich would it be?

Eleven

I feel like I need stronger bread to hold up to the meatloaf here.  Like a loaf of Italian, halved, and with some of the insides gutted.

I usually just toast some white or light wheat. Agreed though, needs something a little stiffer to handle that mass.

Hell yeah.

It can play on a line with a sandwich my mother says my grandfather, an electrician for the Buffalo News printing presses, used to like: leftover baked beans on toast. 

That's a big thing in Britain, I think.

It may not be deserving of the C, but think we've been ignoring some breakfast sandwiches to round out the lineup. Eggs benedict, and things like sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits or croissants. Add a steak, egg, and cheese bagel and you've got the makings of a well rounded team when you add them to the other submissions so far.

This is madness, unless, like Andrew Amerk (where's he been?), you had turkey with American cheese.

Although the sandwiches are pricey there, to be sure.

I had pastrami or corned beef.. not sure which.  It just wasn't anything amazing..

You know.. why not a nice fried SPAM sandwich.

:P

Program note: Reuben Sliders is the entree of the day at the work cafeteria. That's a Darcy Sabres captain; it's the right idea, but there should be only one sandwich and they're all too small.

Sliders are acceptable cocktail hour food.  They should not be entrees.

The Leino of the Sandwich world. 

No way. Leino had high expectations. No one is setting the bar high for SPAM or is disappointed when they hate it or it kills them. 

The Leino of sandwiches has to be a BLT I once had in Provincetown, MA. I swear to god it was just bacon bits on some white bread. The most disappointing sandwich in history. 

Program note: Reuben Sliders is the entree of the day at the work cafeteria. That's a Darcy Sabres captain; it's the right idea, but there should be only one sandwich and they're all too small.

Painfully accurate. 

Edited by mörksabre

I feel like I need stronger bread to hold up to the meatloaf here. Like a loaf of Italian, halved, and with some of the insides gutted.

We call that A Dangerfield.

It may not be deserving of the C, but think we've been ignoring some breakfast sandwiches to round out the lineup. Eggs benedict, and things like sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits or croissants. Add a steak, egg, and cheese bagel and you've got the makings of a well rounded team when you add them to the other submissions so far.

If there's anything that Buffalo hockey fans can get behind, it's a croissant being captain of their hockey team. Warm, buttery, flakey, can't come up with a loose puck...yeah, that'll fly.

Wait a second...

You wanna intimidate your opponents and even strike fear into your own boys in the room?

Cold meatloaf.

Well now if you are talking specifically 'cold' sandwiches then a leftover turkey dinner sandwich is clearly the winner but it must include the dressing and cranberry sauce with the turkey.

Well now if you are talking specifically 'cold' sandwiches then a leftover turkey dinner sandwich is clearly the winner but it must include the dressing and cranberry sauce with the turkey.

Sliced turkey, mayo, Swiss, doritos on whatever bread you want. Not the captain, but definitely a glue guy.

Turkey sux.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.