GDT Rangers at Buffalo at Rangers, 1/1/18, 1pm, NBC / WGR

Eleven

First Sabres team that I've ever just not cared for. I just don't like them. Not all of them but as a whole.

I agree.  I have been a fan since the beginning.  This team has no character or personality.  They have a handful of good players but the rest are meh.  I remember bad seasons but having players you just loved to watch play.  

As a fan I've been patient with Housley.  I've tried to understand the line changes and I've tried to figure out what his system is/what it's supposed to be (because to me it's totally unclear).  However he makes absolute coaching mistakes in the moments it's not about evaluating - it's time to win.  This game is no exception.  What is he doing?

Spare me the "good effort" crap. I'm over "good effort". Good effort should happen every game. I want WINS.

Exactly. I'm holding this team to higher standard. They lost, therefore they weren't good enough.

+1 ^ Starting with the head coach on down

Don't agree with this.

Very good for you he is. Learn some math and realize that is 10 years away. He may or may not be here in 10 years. Hence my statement.

You assume 2 things. He won't be here in ten years, I disagree. We won't get another winter classic for 10 years, I disagree on that. Both your statements have to be true. Since Jack is signed for 8 future seasons, there's a great chance he plays in another winter classic for Buffalo.

So, the Sabres battled hard and got a point against a better team. I'll take it. This team is starting to come together.

I agree. They had a start today, but played very well after that.

Points in eight of Lehner’s last 10 starts.

And they were very much in the two they didn’t.

If they were 4-1 in OT instead of 1-4 we’d be talking about the best stretch of Sabre hockey in years.

As it is, we aren’t talented enough, but Phil has them playing together now in his system.

Not going to fix this overnight.

Edited by Mick O’Manly

Good game, disappointing result but they actually played pretty well after the 1st. 

I'm guessing 71 & 10 were meant to be a speedy line meant to kill the remaining 20 secs.

Eichel seemed slightly out of sorts, nothing concerning, likely just the outdoor game difference. Reinhart had his best game of the season. 

Lehner played very well, his biggest problem is he isn't Miller or Hasek and his inability to stop things in SOs. And he's kinda insane

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.