Buffalo at Philadelphia 7pm EST MSG, GR

Brawndo

I have a hard time disagreeing. I'm very down on Sam.

Me too.  He doesn't have speed and he doesn't have size.  Bad combination having to rely on brains and (open for debate) hands.  But, they can't let him walk for nothing this summer.  Better make a move soon.

Me too.  He doesn't have speed and he doesn't have size.  Bad combination having to rely on brains and (open for debate) hands.  But, they can't let him walk for nothing this summer.  Better make a move soon.

I wonder more about his motivation or loss of confidence ... when's the last time you saw him receive a pass in full stride ? Kid's not the same player he was the last 2 years.

I wonder more about his motivation or loss of confidence ... when's the last time you saw him receive a pass in full stride ? Kid's not the same player he was the last 2 years.

I think that as the league has gone more to speed over the last few years, it has left Sam behind.  He just can't keep up.  He's Moulson fast and that doesn't cut it.  As GM, I'd be less concerned that he turns into Adam Oates for someone else  than I am he turns into Luke Adam for us.

If Sam was a 4th round pick, there would be no kidding and we wouldn't even be talking about him.  Not to beat the dead horse of this summer, but the Sabres should have traded Sam before the "Illusion of Sam Reinhart greatness" was shattered by this years' performance.  What can the Sabres get for him now (3-4 round pick?)

Good question.  Heres the thing, if the team as a whole is underperforming does it make sense that he is not living up to expectations either.  I wonder if the Sabres were doing as well as expected would Sam or anyone else for that matter be doing better too?  Now if the team was doing well but he was one of a few not performing then it makes JBot's decision easy.  Right now he is a black sheep on a black sheep team.  Instead of standing out for lackluster performance, he fits in. 

oh well , sounds like it was a dull game :(

First period wasn't bad, but after the 2nd philly goal in the second they locked it down.  Sabres had a few close calls later on that could easily have gone including Scandella point blank, but puck luck was not with the Sabres and Philly played solid lock down D.  2nd Philly goal had EROD and Sam not covering the open guy... How do you brain fart like that, lift the guys stick at least... hit him... something... Sam too often doesn't finish his checks.  It is not a game of Shinny... Sam needs to learn to play nasty... way too affable.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.