DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

Term, playoff experience, and locker room concerns

Both UFA.

Counterpoint: They're both UFAs, Kane is more productive at this point in their respective careers, and Nash is more expensive.

No shame in being beaten by the best.

That Homer fello didn't seem so....

We were beaten by the best, boy.

Pacioretty on Eichel's wing for a year wouldn't be too bad, but he probably wants to go to a contender.

No thanks on Patches. 

Helps split a locker room so that the guy who will win the Norris this year gets shipped out, proceeds to spend the most critical time of their season, last year, as captain, with 1 non empty-net-goal in 30 something games, has zero puck skills. Can he still even skate? I bet not as well as he could a couple years ago. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

.@RealKyper said on HNIC that #Sens  are insisting on a #tblightning roster player involved in Erik Karlsson deal, mentioning Point, Namestnikov and Gourde. Yzerman has told me he doesn't want to deal from roster. FWIW I don't see any scenario where Point is moved. Gourde, too.

The defensive pipeline is too bare unless Botterill has gotten assurances from either Borgen and/or Fitzgerald that they are going to sign this year

I like Antipin, but I won't be upset if anyone (other than 15) is cut, moved, or bought out.  This team needs a total reboot.

Friedman just reported if Winnipeg is looking for depth defenseman Antipin might be a target.

He played for Paul Maurice in the KHL

The Sabres had better get something actually useful if they ship him out. Will be VERY ticked if Housley's mishandling of him causes them to sell him cheap.

Let them have Beaulieu for a bag of pucks instead.

I just hope the Kane deal isn't the only deal out there, I'd like to see Lehner traded and I hate to say it but Reinhart just doesn't look good at all, he is so plotting slow that I don't know if he'll ever be a sufficient player. Nathan Beaulieu is another guy, he could be depth for another team but he just looks lost here.This team needs an identity and they need to focus on Jack, how can they turn this guy into the true player he's capable of becoming.

More from McKenzie

I don’t get the sense the teams who are interested in E Kane in BUF are same teams who were/are chasing Nash with NYR but Kane suitors will no doubt want to see what is potential yield on any Nash deal. SJ, ANA and, to lesser extent PHI, reportedly looking at E Kane.

Because PHI is playing so well, GM Ron Hextall may want to enhance his team’s chances of getting into playoffs/doing well, but he’s been hesitant to pay premium prices on a rental. Some of other teams (not PHI) eyeing E Kane may be considering him possibly more than a rental.

Jeremy White tweeted his guy says Watch The Flames could be Lehner or Kane

My guy says JB chasing a young positional player. Not sure if the Sabres can pry the guy away or not.

The tweet

More from White

Additional point... he says chatter. If he says it’s done I’ll of course let you know. He’s never wrong.

Nothing imminent as of yet

Would love to get Dillon Dube from the Flames. All around stud who should compete for minutes next year. 

Edited by GrassValleyGreg

Defensmen that I could see Botterill asking about:

ANA: Lindholm, Manson, Fowler.

SJ: Dillon, Braun, eat Paul Martin's salary.

PHI: Provorov, Hagg, Gudas.

Rumors for Lindholm or Fowler are so old, they smell funny.  Provorov would be a huge coup, and not one I think Philly would want to make happen at the deadline if ever, unless we talk about an enormous trade the size of Kane + Reinhart, etc.  But the thought of a Provorov-Ristolainen top pair is a nice one.

Defensmen that I could see Botterill asking about:

ANA: Lindholm, Manson, Fowler.

SJ: Dillon, Braun, eat Paul Martin's salary.

PHI: Provorov, Hagg, Gudas.

Rumors for Lindholm or Fowler are so old, they smell funny.  Provorov would be a huge coup, and not one I think Philly would want to make happen at the deadline if ever, unless we talk about an enormous trade the size of Kane + Reinhart, etc.  But the thought of a Provorov-Ristolainen top pair is a nice one.

*Checks to see if the Sabres rumors are about trading Kane, or Eichel*

I'd kill to get one of Provorov, Manson, Lindholm on this team. And I'd injure for Fowler. 

*Checks to see if the Sabres rumors are about trading Kane, or Eichel*

I'd kill to get one of Provorov, Manson, Lindholm on this team. And I'd injure for Fowler. 

Eichel is going nowhere. There is a -1,000,000,000,000,000% chance he will be traded. And that might be too low  Plus he is injured so even if they wanted to which they don't, I don't believe they could trade him.

Eichel is going nowhere. There is a -1,000,000,000,000,000% chance he will be traded. And that might be too low  Plus he is injured so even if they wanted to which they don't, I don't believe they could trade him.

I know, I was commenting on the value of the players in IKP's post, some of which we would not be able to acquire with any deal where Kane is the base piece

Philly makes so much sense for a Kane "package" trade. At least it does if your a fan looking through the window from the outside, like myself.

All you need do is look at the moves being made in EC so far and it appears as though the arms race in the East is in full swing.

So far it looks like the Devils and Penguins are pushing with a handful of other teams securing front and back end depth.

The Nash, Kane and McDonough shoes have yet to fall.

This is one of the more exciting dead lines I can remember.