DEADLINE DAY -- Sabres trade speculation

matter2003

Rodriquez for a bag of pucks. He turned his back on Risto while Risto was under pressure, Risto back passed it to him and the guy didnt even see the puck. Can he not skate backwards. I want him and his botoxed lips gone... can I say that?

You can.  It makes you sound petty and judgmental on things unrelated to hockey, but you can certainly say it.

You can. It makes you sound petty and judgmental on things unrelated to hockey, but you can certainly say it.

I know as soon as I thought it. but couldnt resist, just pissed he didnt help out Risto and been listening to my son too much with his friends on xbox... they talk some trash! Edited by Kottbullar

Lehner is probably worth the same or less in a deal. Wings even retained on Mrazek.

Keep in mind, that 3rd in 2019 is conditional upon Mrazek re-signing, which is far from a certainty.

With Lehner generally sucking lately AND now injured, I'd guess we're looking at a 4th-rounder for him at best, but more likely that he won't be traded before the deadline.

It really is starting to feel like the Sabres are getting past over for less likely costing talent by teams that fit our likely landing spots for talent.  Now this could just be smoke before the fire.  Evander Kane will still be traded.  It's the other lesser talents I'm starting to think we're stuck with.  I'm going to take w/e I can get and move on.  It's time to carve this team up. 

With Lehner generally sucking lately AND now injured, I'd guess we're looking at a 4th-rounder for him at best, but more likely that he won't be traded before the deadline.

Which is fine. Or, at least, nothing worth going "woe is Buffalo" over.

Separately, Wayne Simmonds is out 2-3 weeks. Paging Ron Hextall. Can I interest you in one Kyle Okposo on a bloated contract? No? Okay, fine, Kane.

I know as soon as I thought it. but couldnt resist, just pissed he didnt help out Risto and been listening to my son too much with his friends on xbox... they talk some trash!

Yea.. I hear my son on the Xbox all the time.  I thought it was just him but then we were at a hockey tournament this past weekend and they were all sitting in a room watching each other play FortNite and talking to each other the same way.  It disgusts me but there's not much I can do about it in that setting.  I jump on my son's case when he gets obnoxious... and if he doesn't listen I cut off access to the Internet for the Xbox and he gains a new appreciation of the power I wield in my own house. :)

Yea.. I hear my son on the Xbox all the time.  I thought it was just him but then we were at a hockey tournament this past weekend and they were all sitting in a room watching each other play FortNite and talking to each other the same way.  It disgusts me but there's not much I can do about it in that setting.  I jump on my son's case when he gets obnoxious... and if he doesn't listen I cut off access to the Internet for the Xbox and he gains a new appreciation of the power I wield in my own house. :)

Mine is 13 going on 14 and he and all his friends talk that way on xbox. Not when doing other things. He is polite... so I have to pick my battles. Otherwise it makes it worse. If he gets his homework done im ok. No racist crap or anything just lots of cussing. Racist, sexist etc will get him banned anyway.

Mine is 13 going on 14 and he and all his friends talk that way on xbox. Not when doing other things. He is polite... so I have to pick my battles. Otherwise it makes it worse. If he gets his homework done im ok. No racist crap or anything just lots of cussing. Racist, sexist etc will get him banned anyway.

Mine turns 14 in 2 weeks.  If he's with adults he's polite.  When he's with his friends they are all idiots.  

If I hear racist or sexist crap or anything of that ilk the last time he sees the Xbox will be when I body slam him on it.

In other news... no one has been traded.  So this is the kind of crap we talk about.  :)

Mine turns 14 in 2 weeks.  If he's with adults he's polite.  When he's with his friends they are all idiots.  

If I hear racist or sexist crap or anything of that ilk the last time he sees the Xbox will be when I body slam him on it.

In other news... no one has been traded.  So this is the kind of crap we talk about.  :)

Can confirm.   Have 12 and 14 year old boys, and yes they're both idiots when online with their buds.

I was the same way at that age, except instead of playing games online we were behind a Wilson Farms smoking rolled up pipe tobacco (or other substances) one of my idiot friends lifted off our english teacher.   

That was our entertainment... at least with the PS4/XBOX there's only so much they can get away with.  

I don't know. I don't have a crystal ball, inside sources, or any of that jazz. Instead of sticking to his ridiculous 4 piece nonsense we should have taken the best prospect offered though. It's been well reported that teams have had an interest in Kane but have hesitated because of the high asking price of our GM. It's not a stretch to say that these interested GMs would have offered us a good prospect for Kane if they didn't also have to include a first round pick, a roster player, and a conditional pick as well.

It's a stretch to think you could possibly know what has and hasn't been said between the GM's regarding Kane.

Can confirm.   Have 12 and 14 year old boys, and yes they're both idiots when online with their buds.

I was the same way at that age, except instead of playing games online we were behind a Wilson Farms smoking rolled up pipe tobacco (or other substances) one of my idiot friends lifted off our english teacher.   

That was our entertainment... at least with the PS4/XBOX there's only so much they can get away with.

Ah Wilson farms lol... yeh that is my wife’s argument... at least we know where he is and what he is doing...

So how do you see the situation unfolding - Will Botterill be able to dump Lehner for a late pick before the draft? Will he still qualify Lehner? Will he just let him walk? Attempt to sign him on a one year deal?

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-any-karlsson-deal-may-need-to-include-ryan-s-contract~1329969

Insider Trading

Kane Trade Talks is starting to heat up, Botterill has a few offers but it sounds more like player for player rather than picks and prospects which is what the Sabres are looking for.

I wish they’d be open to player for player. Come on, man.

Edited by Thorny

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-any-karlsson-deal-may-need-to-include-ryan-s-contract~1329969

Insider Trading

Kane Trade Talks is starting to heat up, Botterill has a few offers but it sounds more like player for player rather than picks and prospects which is what the Sabres are looking for.

This hardly qualifies as news.   We know the offers aren't good right now.

I have a 14-year-old that's addicted to Skyrim and gets extremely angry when I ask her to stop playing. No racist stuff from her though as just about all of her

friends are from other countries including her. 

So how do you see the situation unfolding - Will Botterill be able to dump Lehner for a late pick before the draft? Will he still qualify Lehner? Will he just let him walk? Attempt to sign him on a one year deal?

I think the most likely outcome is that JBott dumps him at the draft for a 4th-rounder or thereabouts, with the 2nd-most-likely outcome that JBott is unable to do so and lets him walk without qualifying him (I'm not sure when QOs are due -- I think it's after the draft but could be wrong).

Here is my reasoning:

- Given Lehner's recent extreme suckitude (pulled in 3 of his last 8 home games, among other sins) and injury, no playoff team will want him to be their guy for a playoff run, so no one is going to trade for him this week.

- I don't think JBott wants him back at any price, let alone $4MM+ -- so I think JBott will try to trade him at or before the QO deadline -- probably at the draft.  And, I think/hope JBott is pretty good at his job and will be able to work out a deal so he gets more than zero for him.

- I think JBott's efforts will be complicated by the fact that most other GMs will know that (i) JBott doesn't want Lehner back and (ii) Lehner will cost much less in salary if JBott can't trade him and just walks away from him (which I again think is the case but am not certain).  So the other GMs will both have leverage on JBott and be incentivized to wait for JBott to walk away from him.  This makes it reasonably likely that JBott won't be able to get anyone to trade for Lehner.

- My bottom line is that  if JBott can't get anything for Lehner in trade and is left with the choice of paying him $4MM for next year or walking away from him -- I think JBott will walk away.

I have a 14-year-old that's addicted to Skyrim and gets extremely angry when I ask her to stop playing. No racist stuff from her though as just about all of her

friends are from other countries including her. 

That's good of her... but the Nords really are pretty racist especially toward the Dunmer, even going as far as segregated sectors of the city.

I forged my armor. And I improved it. But now I need to enchant it. And then sell it. I can't go to bed yet!

:angel:

Bradley Gelber (who?) says teams are calling for a Kane/Pouliot package.

Hearing talk that teams have been calling about acquiring both Evander Kane & Benoit Pouliot together... Monday should be interesting. https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sabres?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

— Bradley Gelber (@BradleyGelber) https://twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/966504581424467968?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Edited by Briere48

Bradley Gelber (who?) says teams are calling for a Kane/Pouliot package.

Hearing talk that teams have been calling about acquiring both Evander Kane & Benoit Pouliot together... Monday should be interesting. https://twitter.com/hashtag/Sabres?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc^tfw

— Bradley Gelber (@BradleyGelber) https://twitter.com/BradleyGelber/status/966504581424467968?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

Does work for the Buffalo Sports Page.

This scenario is plausible given Pouliot’s Low Contract.

Friedman in 31 Thoughts Podcast

New Jersey might be a stealth Evander Kane Trade Partner.