I'll be upgrading the forum soonish...

SDS

Might be around Christmas, but maybe sooner. I made the change over at TBD and it seems to be going well:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/

Our software here was end of lifed years ago and now it is preventing me from upgrading key server packages. So, please refrain from the if it is not broke argument. We receive no support nor any security updates either.

So, with two teams on fire - it's a great time for new digs!

So it will look like TBD afterwards?

Kind of. It's a much larger community, so there are features implemented over there that might not translate well here. But generally yes.

Honestly I'm not wild about the new software. This current one behaves in a straightforward manner on my phone. The new TBD software is clunky and slower. Again that's my experience on my Samsung S6.

How would you like me to respond to this?

Might be around Christmas, but maybe sooner. I made the change over at TBD and it seems to be going well:

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/

Our software here was end of lifed years ago and now it is preventing me from upgrading key server packages. So, please refrain from the if it is not broke argument. We receive no support nor any security updates either.

So, with two teams on fire - it's a great time for new digs!

17201184_1227540723961482_53794233112205

Here's something that may or may not be fixable, and that may or may not be due to my own ineptitude, and that no one else may care about:  on the new TSW, when I try to pull up all posts by a certain member, I get a list of "post previews" -- so I have to click on each one to read the post.  It's much clunkier and less user-friendly than the old TSW, which gave me the output I wanted -- i.e. the full posts by that poster, which I could just scroll/page through.

Here's something that may or may not be fixable, and that may or may not be due to my own ineptitude, and that no one else may care about:  on the new TSW, when I try to pull up all posts by a certain member, I get a list of "post previews" -- so I have to click on each one to read the post.  It's much clunkier and less user-friendly than the old TSW, which gave me the output I wanted -- i.e. the full posts by that poster, which I could just scroll/page through.

Anything that makes it more difficult for you to stalk me is better, imo.

Upgrade it now... honestly.  Why wait?  I think you have to maximize the suffering for people when you can.  By Christmas the teams could turn things around and then everyone will be mad....oh.. wait... nevermind.  It'll be even more painful at Christmas time.  Kind of like that time they DDOS'ed the Xbox gaming services on Christmas so all the kids with their Xboxes could not get online to play.

:)

Good luck.. keeping up with the security updates, etc. is important.

Was there not a time you could do that on here? Probably close to a decade ago now

We had reddit-style upvotes and downvotes for a short while.  Then it became kind of a board-wide joke to just downvote anything Liger (I think it was him) wrote, and then it got stupid from there so Scott took them away from us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.