What is right with the Sabres!

GASabresIUFAN

I can tell you what's right with the Sabres, the roast beef on 200 level was ohhhh so good. Not dry at all, very generous on the portions to. Hell, the Mrs. Even caved and got one. Nothing says I love you more than pleasing your woman with tasty meat.....

I had a 12oz Roast Beef sandwich at an OHL game Saturday night too that was good and not dry, came with a bunch of toppings you could add. Cost $15 Canadian for it (so like $2.75 US?) But much cheaper tickets to get in and watch a closer 0-0 game end with 4 seconds left in OT (which i missed cause we had to leave before the end of the 3rd to take the kids home to bed

What isn’t right yet, but what I think is gonna get there, is the power play.

Right question, wrong thread. You have the same players as last year, but you changed the system those player ran to have the top PP in the league. Not Wowie’s smartest coaching decision.

But blocks have six sides

These are Babcock blocks. If a 5 game block is good enough for Babcock it’s good enough for me.

Right question, wrong thread. You have the same players as last year, but you changed the system those player ran to have the top PP in the league. Not Wowie’s smartest coaching decision.

Ain’t that the truth?

He was gifted Antipin and Pominville to pump up the second unit.

And I would have been OK had he looked at flipping ROR with one of those guys or Reinhart with Moulson in order to gave the 2nd unit a playmaker.

But he’s been bouncing bodies around all season and the unneeded tweaking is a massive failure.

PS. I think Scandella might be worth a longer look on the PP. He’s got a good shot and I like the way he walks the line.

Ain’t that the truth?

He was gifted Antipin and Pominville to pump up the second unit.

And I would have been OK had he looked at flipping ROR with one of those guys or Reinhart with Moulson in order to gave the 2nd unit a playmaker.

But he’s been bouncing bodies around all season and the unneeded tweaking is a massive failure.

PS. I think Scandella might be worth a longer look on the PP. He’s got a good shot and I like the way he walks the line.

I know Bylsma's tweaking of the lines was a constant issue, but I don't mind it for a new coach with a bunch of new players. Hopefully eventually they'll settle in. My biggest problem with the power play is that they let the power play coach from last year go. Dumb.

But this is supposed to be a thread about good things, so: Jack's passing this year has been ###### beautiful. I'd like more shots and goals from him, but he's saucering those things through the legs of defenders like twice a game.

Edited by sabills

I know Bylsma's tweaking of the lines was a constant issue, but I don't mind it for a new coach with a bunch of new players. Hopefully eventually they'll settle in. My biggest problem with the power play is that they let the power play coach from last year go. Dumb.

But this is supposed to be a thread about good things, so: Jack's passing this year has been ###### beautiful. I'd like more shots and goals from him, but he's saucering those things through the legs of defenders like twice a game.

Eichel doesn't want to score goals  :P

Jack reminds of a higher version of my neice... Sheplays elite soccer 12 and under in northern Calif. She sits back all game trying to get her teamates involved... coaches yeling at her to take over. 2nd half she says ok and scores 6 goals... wish Jack would just do that...

Jack reminds of a higher version of my neice... Sheplays elite soccer 12 and under in northern Calif. She sits back all game trying to get her teamates involved... coaches yeling at her to take over. 2nd half she says ok and scores 6 goals... wish Jack would just do that...

Wish he would score the 6 by midway through the 2nd, then sit back and dish it 5o teammates.

Still very early but I have been very impressed with Pouliots work ethic in the last 3-5 games. Leading by example, dude hasn't been giving up on plays and wins most of his battles. If we can get our skill guys playing like that we will be fine!

Edited by LikeEich

That is the Kane problem. Jack feels he needs to set up the sniper.

If Jack shot more and let Kane attack the net for rebounds they would both be better off.

That said it was a hell of a pass to KO last night.

Kane may be creating a world of issues on Jack's line, but Jack isn't passing to him because he feels he has to. Jack is passing the puck because that's his inherent nature. He's a playmaker first. We all love his shot and want him to use it more, but he'll always be looking to dish first in most situations. He was setting Girgensons up left and right, too, and he's anything but a sniper. We can accept this, and still want more shots, like last year.

Maybe I am way off base in this 'new' NHL, but have not centres traditional been the set up guy for their goal scoring wingers?

Nah, most centers are kind of a swiss army knife. You'll still see some guys like Joe Thornton who like...never score but rack up dozens of A's. But a lot of centers have balanced stat lines where their G/A ratio maybe tilts towards Assists, but not wildly. 

Maybe I am way off base in this 'new' NHL, but have not centres traditional been the set up guy for their goal scoring wingers?

Nah, most centers are kind of a swiss army knife. You'll still see some guys like Joe Thornton who like...never score but rack up dozens of A's. But a lot of centers have balanced stat lines where their G/A ratio maybe tilts towards Assists, but not wildly. 

For instance, Stamkos has regularly had more goals than assists; this year he's 3-17-20 so far though. You can run a line in different ways; two wings who feed the center makes some sense in you have sniper at C, or the LW making plays to the C and RW works too if you have that mix of players.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.