GDT: Sabres VS Vancouver, 7 pm ET, 20/10/17

MODO Hockey

If you're controlling the puck, yes.

I could understand maybe if it was sitting on his stick, but he made contact before crossing , then didn't touch it again until he was over

Want to make the game better ( and this is for all sports), get rid of all the additional crap on the rules. What's an offside? If any part of your body touching the ice crosses the blue line before the puck, it's offside.

Alright folks, I've got work in a couple hours. I'm taking my leave. Hope they pull their heads out of their because Vancouver is terrible and they are fcuking schooling Buffalo. Through 8 games and 2.5 periods this team is a disgrace.

It can't get any worse, right?

If the puck gets into the zone first it doesn't matter...

But you can enter in backwards if you are in control. And in those instances the puck isn't always technically touching the stick.

Oh well. It's not like we are deserving of a better fate right now.

Edited by Thorny

But you can enter in backwards if you are in control. And in those instances the puck isn't always technically touching the stick.

Oh well. It's not like we are deserving of a better fate right now.

It should be. You need to be dragging it into the zone. It HAS to be on your stick.

Damn, Bailey is FAST.

Seen this in Anaheim and in Vegas. He uses his speed well but I would like him to keep going hard to the net. He’s a big guy who is tough to contain because of his size and speed. Who else sees Jack just going thru the motions. For a guy that just signed for $80 million you would think he would take more control of this team. He’s like that player who instead of dominating and turning it up a notch, he turns it down and looks to pass.

Yep, this is the rule. If the puck is separated from your stick when your skates are in the zone then it constitutes no control.

The bad call is irrelevant, good call bad call it doesn't matter, good teams overcome and find a way.

We're just a bad team that has sucked the life out of season ticket holders for the last 6 years +.

This team needs to work period. No one wants to attack the puck and hustle back. This team if it continues will be top ten pick again.

Exactly, they aren't attacking the puck. They take a wait and see approach. No desperation on this club. As previous posts have noted here. Vancouver looks ripe for the picking yet the Sabres lay back. The power play scares the hell out of me. You could see that shorty coming from a mile away. not sure what Phil is doing in his coaching. 6 shorties in the first 8 games. Just brutal!

Exactly. We’ll find out tomorrow that they blew the call.

the mhm will make a quiet announcement that a mistake was made, their bad, and send a nicely worded letter/apology card and a fruit basket to the team and make it all better. Unless it happened to a poster boy or darling team, then they will re write the rule to make it even more objective and confusing

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.