GDT: Sabres vs. Devils, Monday 10/9/17 3:00 pm

bob_sauve28

I was listening in the car today since I was on the road. But when I got home a friend of mine sent me this picture. Did anyone else notice this?

Is this organization just a total disaster or what? It's like amateur hour from the top down.

Shades of Pomminstein!   

How can this happen in a professional NHL team?

Just got done watching. Pretty ugly. 

My take was that Jack didn't quit, at least any more than anyone else did. I was honestly surprised to come in here and read that. 

I think my preseason predictions on Beaulieu were correct. 

We'll see what people magic Phil has. To me this is all psychological. If they get a bounce against Price I bet they're 2-1 right now. 

I know as well as anyone that in the heat of the moment emotions run high, but I'm nowhere near as ready as other posters in here to throw in the towel on the season. A decent road trip gets us back to .500. It might be just what they need. 

I'm frustrated now, but will move to upset around game 10, 11, or 12 if things don't get better. 

We couldn't win when all of Okposo, Kane, ROR, Eichel, and Reinhart were firing on all cylinders last year. Right now the only one doing their thing is Evander. This will get better to some degree. We'll see how much. 

Oh, and I bet we have 2 different goalies up here next year.

Pretty much agree with all of this. You were right about Beaulieu, but it's not his fault he is the one defending a 2-1. Psychological or just team chemistry. So many new players and coach and everything. They are not as bad as we saw yesterday, no way

I went back and rewatched the highlights. I analyzed ever detail of the plays leading up to goals and the process that occurred to result in the goals. After countless viewings, this is my impression of that game:

giphy.gif

I don't see how that fact supports the tank.

I wasn't a fan of the tank, but the point was to ensure that the team got one of the top two picks that year, so that they would have an NHL player.  The fact that the third pick is in the minors, while the other two have signed eight-year extensions, proves that there was a point to the madness, even if we disagreed with it.

I do not write much and read most of the time, but I need to write, that after all these tank seasons I am just shocked and incredibly sad how bad this team started.

There is not much to feel good about.

There is no chemistry, absolutly nothing and to make it worse a lot of brain farts defensively.

It is just incredibly sad.

I was listening in the car today since I was on the road. But when I got home a friend of mine sent me this picture. Did anyone else notice this?

Is this organization just a total disaster or what? It's like amateur hour from the top down.

Look... we can't really criticize the staff for trying the reverse of that this forum did to Cy Hdgsn can we?

I wasn't a fan of the tank, but the point was to ensure that the team got one of the top two picks that year, so that they would have an NHL player.  The fact that the third pick is in the minors, while the other two have signed eight-year extensions, proves that there was a point to the madness, even if we disagreed with it.

Well, I think the point was to build a winning hockey team, based on the misbegotten theory that the best way to do so was to bottom out in order to draft a (hopefully) great player.

The longer the Sabres go without developing into a winning hockey team, the more clear it should be to everyone that it was a terrible plan.

We also need a commercial supply of elephant tranquilizers to make sure Sabrespace doesn't suffer an extinction-level event.

There is almost certainly some overreaction going on here, but I won't begrudge anyone of that. Honestly, it's expected. When a team is a tire fire for over half a decade, and they come out looking like an even worse tire fire in the first three games, I totally understand the absence of further patience.

Logically, expecting quick results when we have yet another new system being implemented is going to lead to frustration. But on the other side of the coin, what has the franchise done to deserve or instil further patience in the fanbase?

The overreaction is overblown, but what do we expect, when the goodwill has dried up? For better or worse the Sabres put themselves in this positon, where they were seemingly starting from square one again.

There is almost certainly some overreaction going on here, but I won't begrudge anyone of that. Honestly, it's expected. When a team is a tire fire for over half a decade, and they come out looking like an even worse tire fire in the first three games, I totally understand the absence of further patience.

Logically, expecting quick results when we have yet another new system being implemented is going to lead to frustration. But on the other side of the coin, what has the franchise done to deserve or instil further patience in the fanbase?

The overreaction is overblown, but what do we expect, when the goodwill has dried up? For better or worse the Sabres put themselves in this positon, where they were seemingly starting from square one again.

I don't expect a ton of patience, but man, it's like everyone's family was kidnapped. Like, I dunno, do some yoga or something? This place has been more unbearable than the last two games.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.