Sabres Injury Report: 2017/2018

LGR4GM

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sabres-nick-baptiste-likely-make-season-debut-tuesday/

In injury news, Housley said defensemen Nathan Beaulieu (upper body) and Josh Gorges (lower body) have been skating and could start practicing later this week.

Other injury updates from Housley:

– Defenseman Zach Bogosian, out all season with a lower-body injury, has skated the past two or three days and is day-to-day.

– Minute-munching defenseman Rasmus Ristolainen is day-to-day with an upper-body injury.

– Winger Justin Bailey is day-to-day with a lower-body injury.

– Forward Evan Rodrigues, out all season with a hand injury, has been skating and is day-to-day.

– Center Jacob Josefson is still week-to-week with a lower-body injury.

It's almost like when we piled on the last coach for playing Risto 27 per night because he couldn't handle it on the ice and maintain basic abilities and stamina over the course of a season, we were right...

He was second in the NHL in minutes averaging over 27 per night once again, and handling it just as poorly, before he absolutely shockingly got hurt ("we didn't have other options" yet played far better defensively in the game he was out than the ones he played...)

Dudacek's posts on the staff make me hopeful but there's still no excuse for this utter garbage player usage continuing

What'd we do to deserve these defensive injuries. And what shaman do we need to find to make it stop.

I blame the negative energy.  ;)

It's almost like when we piled on the last coach for playing Risto 27 per night because he couldn't handle it on the ice and maintain basic abilities and stamina over the course of a season, we were right...

He was second in the NHL in minutes averaging over 27 per night once again, and handling it just as poorly, before he absolutely shockingly got hurt ("we didn't have other options" yet played far better defensively in the game he was out than the ones he played...)

Dudacek's posts on the staff make me hopeful but there's still no excuse for this utter garbage player usage continuing

He was used like this last year and didn't have this kind of injury.  He's been pretty solid.  His in game abilities might be hampered by playing so many minutes but I don't see the fact that he plays lot being a direct factor in being injured.

Rasmus leads the league in average TOI, but there are 15 players with an average TOI greater than 25 minutes.  Half the league is using a player the way we use Risto.

I'd be willing to bet he sticks out like a sore thumb on that list. 

Keith, Suter, Karlsson, Byfuglien, Pietrangelo, Letang, Weber, are my guesses for the guys that all play less than he does on that list

---------------------------------

Wait - they told us what his injury is?? Is this the first time? We know ERod hurt his hand, but didn't it take us watching the video to deduce that before they finally told us?

Is Risto the 4th Sabre now to be day-to-day and have that downgraded to week-to-week? What does that mean about our training staff, if anything? 

Why were they so wrong about Nylander, who was supposed to be back in training camp and just started skating for the first time in November, and Bogosian, who was also supposed to be back soon?

Keith, Suter, Karlsson, Byfuglien, Pietrangelo, Letang, Weber, are my guesses for the guys that all play less than he does on that list

Wait - they told us what his injury is?? Is this the first time? We know ERod hurt his hand, but didn't it take us watching the video to deduce that before they finally told us?

Is Risto the 4th Sabre now to be day-to-day and have that downgraded to week-to-week? What does that mean about our training staff, if anything? 

Why were they so wrong about Nylander, who was supposed to be back in training camp and just started skating for the first time in November, and Bogosian, who was also supposed to be back soon?

Subtle tank? I smelly somethin fishy..

They didn't tell you; I did.  And I am not revealing my source.

You're talking about a difference of a minute or less.  And the number this week of guys over 25 min TOI is now up to 17, and it is all #1 D man type players, which Risto qualifies for on our team.

More than half the league does this.

It reminds me of the way we used to ride Zhitnik.  Our D was thin then too, so Alex got the lion's share of the minutes.

Edited by We've

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.