The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

There will be a bias towards players who play the system better or seem better suited to it, even if they are not performing that well. Housley will feel they can be taught and improved if their skill set is a fit. In this regard I am worried when Beaulieu returns cause he was awful but I think they truly believe he has a future here due ti his speed and mobility.

Only concerning part is that Bailey is not practicing today

Both him and Baptiste are going on road trip. This is great news, I initially thought Bailey was going back to AHL for Baptiste. Can we hope to see Moulson on Waivers at somepoint? I really think a corner will be turned when we don't see 26 on the 23 man roster.

Do we not have anyone else? I personally thought Baptiste looked like he should head back down in a hurry. 

You might want to give a player more than 1 game to adjust to NHL speeds. 

Lines:

Kane- Eichel - Pommers

Baptiste - Reinhart - Griff

Zemgus - Larry - whoever is #17

Pouliot - ROR - Okposo

Scandella - Falk

McCabe - Fedun

Baloo - Antipin 

Would you agree that the Sabres aren't fielding the best team that they could at the moment? Keeping Moulson around may not be a full out Tank but it sure smells a bit like one.

For evaluation purposes it looks like they are trying a myriad of configurations. I don't think Botterill and Housley in their own minds believe they know what their "best team" is yet.

But that's not a tank.