The New Lineup Thread

GASabresIUFAN

Option1-

Kane- Eichel-Griffith

Girgensons- ROR- Okposo

Pouliot-Reinhart- Pomminstein

Moulson-Josefson-Larsson

Still would love to see a trade of Reinhart, Moulson, and McCabe to Colorado for Duchene

Option2-

Duchene- Eichel- Okposo

Kane- ROR- Pomminstein

Pouliot- Girgensons- Griffith

Nolan- Josefson- Larsson

Option1-

Kane- Eichel-Griffith

Girgensons- ROR- Okposo

Moulson-Josefson-Larsson

Still would love to see a trade of Reinhart, Moulson, and McCabe to Colorado for Duchene

Option2-

Duchene- Eichel- Okposo

Kane- ROR- Pomminstein

Nolan- Josefson- Larsson

I think your trade is way lobsided in Colorado's favor.

And the Option 2 is a worse lineup than option 1. Girgensens at #3 center is scary to me, he hasn't played center in multiple years and is wing only lately, and the bottom 6 is ugly.

Option1-

Kane- Eichel-Griffith

Girgensons- ROR- Okposo

Moulson-Josefson-Larsson

Option2-

Duchene- Eichel- Okposo

Kane- ROR- Pomminstein

Nolan- Josefson- Larsson

First off, that's not getting you Duchene.  Bob Mackenzie said about a month ago that the asking price top 2 D-man, high end D prospect, NHL forward and 1st rd pick.  I like McCabe but i don't think he qualifies as top 2 on many teams in the league, hes a solid 3-4.  If the Avs were willing, it would be McCabe, Guhle, Reinhart and a 1st maybe 2nd and that is just way to much for Duchene, who is a center by the way not a winger.  We dont even know Reinhart's ceiling yet and his floor is likely 50 points, he's practically equaling Duchene's output.

Because there's literally a thread about that side conversation. Sorry I'd like to keep the board readable.

McCabe is skating this morning.

It was 1 post about a side topic. Sorry I'd like to encourage conversation

Edited by WildCard

It was 5 consecutive posts (although two of them we me trying to get that out of this thread).

If it spirals into 10 posts about it sure.

Well if you count the meta posts about that topic, along with the side topic, we're already up to eleven  posts. 

Now do you understand?

Option1-

Kane- Eichel-Griffith

Girgensons- ROR- Okposo

Moulson-Josefson-Larsson

Option2-

Duchene- Eichel- Okposo

Kane- ROR- Pomminstein

Nolan- Josefson- Larsson

tenor.gif

I think your trade is way lobsided in Colorado's favor.

And the Option 2 is a worse lineup than option 1. Girgensens at #3 center is scary to me, he hasn't played center in multiple years and is wing only lately, and the bottom 6 is ugly.

First off, that's not getting you Duchene.  Bob Mackenzie said about a month ago that the asking price top 2 D-man, high end D prospect, NHL forward and 1st rd pick.  I like McCabe but i don't think he qualifies as top 2 on many teams in the league, hes a solid 3-4.  If the Avs were willing, it would be McCabe, Guhle, Reinhart and a 1st maybe 2nd and that is just way to much for Duchene, who is a center by the way not a winger.  We dont even know Reinhart's ceiling yet and his floor is likely 50 points, he's practically equaling Duchene's output.

4 posts. And no, I'm not counting the meta 

@pham1717
McCabe has returned and is paired with Antipin. Falk not out here.

@JoeYerdon

#Sabres lines: 
Kane-Eichel-Pominville
Pouliot-ROR-Okposo
Girgensons-Reinhart-Griffith
Moulson/Larsson-Josefson-Nolan

#Sabres D as I saw it:
Beaulieu-Ristolainen
McCabe-Antipin
Scandella-Tennyson / Gorges

4 posts. And no, I'm not counting the meta

@pham1717

McCabe has returned and is paired with Antipin. Falk not out here.

@JoeYerdon

#Sabres lines:

Kane-Eichel-Pominville

Pouliot-ROR-Okposo

Girgensons-Reinhart-Griffith

Moulson/Larsson-Josefson-Nolan

#Sabres D as I saw it:

Beaulieu-Ristolainen

McCabe-Antipin

Scandella-Tennyson / Gorges

This looks about right.

@JourdonLaBarber
A new look on #Sabres 2nd PP unit:

Kane-Pominville-Griffith-Beaulieu-Antipin

Griffith keeps getting looks all over. I guess I need to change my POV to figure him into a scoring line role going forward.

No.  Since he's seen no preseason action I expect him to be on the third paring for a game or three until he gets his game legs.

It may be partially that and partially that the coaches may see him ultimately pairing with Bogosian who is currently out.

I like the potential of a Risto-Beaulieu pairing. Balance on the D prevents 26 minutes a night for Risto.

I did not get to see any pre-season games or much as far as video from games, i read that Antipin looked good towards the end of the pre-season, is that about right?  Could he be 3-4 material later in the season?

I am guessing that Housley likes what he sees by putting him on a PP

I did not get to see any pre-season games or much as far as video from games, i read that Antipin looked good towards the end of the pre-season, is that about right?  Could he be 3-4 material later in the season?

I am guessing that Housley likes what he sees by putting him on a PP

That was also one of Antipin's strengths from his time in Russia. Check out some of his youtube vids where he plays on the powerplay in the slot/net front. Crazy from a "defenseman".

That's a move that has "Moulson to the pressbox" written all over it.

Yep.

Or maybe he's moving up to the 1st unit...  :unsure:

W/ Reinhart getting completely demoted from either PP unit & no reports that Moulson was skating w/ the 1st unit? :lol: You funny.