2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

5th would be no surprise at all so it would only take 1 team "going off the board" for it to happen. As for his skating?

From recruiters.ca "A hulking winger with a chip on his shoulder and skill to boot, Tkachuk is constantly creating offence with his size, strength, pucks skill and keen hockey sense. A goal scorer, playmaker and tough hombre all rolled into one, where he may have an edge on his brother besides being a couple of inches taller is that he’s a better skater."

And there is this:

http://nationalpost.com/sports/hockey/u-s-junior-forward-brady-tkachuk-is-exactly-like-his-brother-matthew-just-bigger-faster-and-nastier

He impressed me at this tournament.

He was just a name on a list until I watched him in all of his games. Nice shot, similar to Hoffman on the off wing. Nice moves, dangled a few D- men and was surprisingly physical.

Nice all round game for an 18 year old.

We need speed on the wings so Tkachuk wouldn't make much sense. Here is the scouting report on Tkachuck, decent speed, elite vision and hockey sense, sounds like all the slow skilled forwards we already have. https://www.thedraftanalyst.com/2018-nhl-draft/2018-draft-prospects/brady-tkachuk/

If were looking at forwards, the guy we need is RW Andrei Svechnikov, the guy has world class speed, size and one hell of a shot. http://www.mynhldraft.com/2018/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Andrei-Svechnikov

https://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-dahlin-cemented-top-status-at-world-juniors-1.962249

Thought we would see the "WJC effect" and see Zadina, Svechnikov and Tkachuk fill in the 2-4 spots but Boqvist holds at #2 on Craig's list

I'm still leaning towards the WJC stars over boqvist, mainly cause I want to see the 2018 draft pick in a Sabres uniform in 2018.

Though, if Boqvist is truely a Karlsson clone, i guess I can wait another year.

This draft is shaping up to be a draft where you don’t want to draft 5th. 1-4 look like immediate impact players and then a bunch of really good but need development guys 5-10. Of course we are in perfect position to get jumped by 3 teams and draft 5th missing out on Zadina, Tkatchuk, Dahlin and Svenchikov. Because Buffalo.

This draft is shaping up to be a draft where you don’t want to draft 5th. 1-4 look like immediate impact players and then a bunch of really good but need development guys 5-10. Of course we are in perfect position to get jumped by 3 teams and draft 5th missing out on Zadina, Tkatchuk, Dahlin and Svenchikov. Because Buffalo.

depends on how you feel about Boqvist

Boqvist down to 8? very interesting to see Bouchard pass him. I know Bouchard is having a fantastic season with the Knights but I still like Boqvist's long term potential. Another point is that Boqvist is Aug birth date. One of the youngest in the draft.

Boqvist down to 8? very interesting to see Bouchard pass him. I know Bouchard is having a fantastic season with the Knights but I still like Boqvist's long term potential. Another point is that Boqvist is Aug birth date. One of the youngest in the draft.

Yup. You may have to wait a year for him but he's very good. 

This is exactly what I am trying to get a grasp of. I think you don't want to draft lower than 5th. Though as 6 you would still have Hughes and Ty Smith available. So the big question is, what is the drop off from the 4 you listed to Boqvist and then from Boqvist to Hughes, Wahlstrom and Smith?

This is exactly what I am trying to get a grasp of. I think you don't want to draft lower than 5th. Though as 6 you would still have Hughes and Ty Smith available. So the big question is, what is the drop off from the 4 you listed to Boqvist and then from Boqvist to Hughes, Wahlstrom and Smith?

And Bouchard....

The cliff to me looks Ehlers and Draisaitl vs Bennett and Reinhart.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Time to fire up the tanks and find a way to fall below Phoenix.

The tank is back on!

22ghhn.jpg

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.