2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

We should change topic to Stallin' for dhalin.   :unsure:

5 more games like this and I'm going in full tank mode.

I won't go tank mode again as I like the "core" of the current roster but I'm almost to the point of being indifferent to wins and loses. That's a pretty sad statement for a team that has played 8 games

The teams depth outside of the core was terrible last season and yes it was over-hauled, but it looks like on Scandella is going to be around long term.

Sabres really need youth to be pushing th current roster for jobs and that just isn't happening right now.

On a tangent here but I'm starting to think the Kane decision is going to have to come soon. If you don't think you can sign him, you really have to try trade him. You can't lose him for nothing, especially when you gave up so much to acquire him

Rasmussen Dahlin with his 2nd goal in as many games

https://mobile.twitter.com/cmoresport/status/919198340322963456

What's interesting here is he picks the top left corner, not just shooting it into the goalies crest as we've seen so far this year with the Sabres

All the Sabres sniped corners in juniors/college/Europe as well. This is my least favorite take on SS. Edited by inkman

More Rasmus Dahlin - probably a terrible "hot" take on my part but I don't believe all Sabres prospects were making these kind of moves when in Junior, college or playing Pro hockey against men in Sweden.

https://twitter.com/cmoresport/status/924979713184956416

Dahlin is 6'2 and his NHL potential is off the charts. Reported today that he may be playing on the Swedish Olympic team this winter.

As it stands today Sabres have a 10% chance of getting #1 and picking Dahlin.

Edited by Crusader1969

Another day and another Rasmus Dahlin, again I'm sure its a play that all Sabres prospects made in their pre-draft year but here it is anyways:

https://twitter.com/AdamZHerman/status/925423964171788293/photo/1

With the Canadians win last night, Sabres would have a 12.5% of getting the first pick overall and drafting Dahlin. 

Not calling for a Tank but.....

Edited by Crusader1969

More Rasmus Dahlin - probably a terrible "hot" take on my part but I don't believe all Sabres prospects were making these kind of moves when in Junior, college or playing Pro hockey against men in Sweden.

https://twitter.com/cmoresport/status/924979713184956416

Dahlin is 6'2 and his NHL potential is off the charts. Reported today that he may be playing on the Swedish Olympic team this winter.

As it stands today Sabres have a 10% chance of getting #1 and picking Dahlin.

Another day and another Rasmus Dahlin, again I'm sure its a play that all Sabres prospects made in their pre-draft year but here it is anyways:

With the Canadians win last night, Sabres would have a 12.5% of getting the first pick overall and drafting Dahlin. 

They really need to go to wider rinks in the NHL.  You want to improve the product?  Create more space with wide rinks.

Oh please. The lottery odds for the sabres are 1 in a million :p They have no shot. It's not a "because buffalo" thing, they are just plain unlucky.

ESPN came out with it's draft rankings today:

1) Dahlin

2) Svechnikov

So far, in all prospect rankings I have seen these have been 1 & 2 in all of them

3) Hughes

4) Boqvist

5) Zadina

6) Tkachuk

7) Veleno

8) Smith

9) Wahlstrom

10) Kupari

At this point, I don't think there is much use continuing as it seems more than likely that the Sabres will be drafting in top 10.  picks 11-15 will be very good players if the Sabres are able to move up the standings.

Oh please. The lottery odds for the sabres are 1 in a million :P They have no shot. It's not a "because buffalo" thing, they are just plain unlucky.

i know, its wishful thinking. I'd really love them to move up the standings and pull off a miracle lottery win like the Flyers. I think the Sabres making the play-offs this year would be an even bigger miracle.

that being said, 9 of the top 10 on the ESPN list are impact players IMO. The one who I'm not sold on is Veleno. His numbers are average but in his defense, he plays on one of the worst teams in the "Q", so doesnt get much help. For those not familiar with him, he was granted exceptional status and is already in his 3rd QMJHL season.

i know, its wishful thinking. I'd really love them to move up the standings and pull off a miracle lottery win like the Flyers. I think the Sabres making the play-offs this year would be an even bigger miracle.

that being said, 9 of the top 10 on the ESPN list are impact players IMO. The one who I'm not sold on is Veleno. His numbers are average but in his defense, he plays on one of the worst teams in the "Q", so doesnt get much help. For those not familiar with him, he was granted exceptional status and is already in his 3rd QMJHL season.

Exceptional status was given to McDavid, Tavares, Ekblad and Sean Day. This guy is looking to end up better than Day but not outstanding in his class like the others.

Calling it now. We draft Tkachuk and it ends up as another Nylander situation where we get the bust rather than the stud

uggghhh, i hate this take on Alex. How can he be a bust at 19 years of age? if he played in the OHL and put up 130 points the same people calling him a bust would be calling him the second coming of Alexander Mogilny.  Just remember when he played with his peer group, he lead the World Juniors in scoring.

why don't we relex, let him play with a much better center with Rochester and see how it plays out before throwing the B word around?

Joel Armia had similar stats to Nylander in the AHL (admittedly he was a year older but still). Maybe we just have different standards for what a bust is. I want him to be comparable to his brother. I think he will be more of a low-end second line winger who is defensively weak. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Joel Armia had similar stats to Nylander in the AHL (admittedly he was a year older but still). Maybe we just have different standards for what a bust is. I want him to be comparable to his brother. I think he will be more of a low-end second line winger who is defensively weak. Hopefully I am wrong though.

Armia played 2 years before joining Rochester after his draft and you're comparing him to first year Nylander? You're comparing a players 4th pro season to another's first. That's just not a good comparison.

Sam Reinhart is better then all his brothers. Ryan Miller was better then his brother.

Edited by LGR4GM

*facepalm*

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.