Crusader1969

Ty Smith with a goal and 2 assists last night

Gets his shot through from the point:

https://twitter.com/spokanechiefs/status/929191473404243968?s=17

Really nice work down low and cross ice pass

https://twitter.com/spokanechiefs/status/929174935968268288?s=17

Here is a good video breakdown of Ty Smith. Ranked anywhere from 5 -15

https://mobile.twitter.com/draftbuzzhockey/status/929161193566203905

Sabres start the week in 29th place. Currently have a 31.2% chance of drafting in the top 3, 10.5% chance of drafting 1st. At worst, they would draft 6th.

3rd would be an interesting spot for the Sabres- do they take the best forward on the board (Zadina / Svechnikov), who would probably be the BPA or do you draft that puck moving dman that this team desperately needs (Boqvist / Smith / Hughes)?

Personally, I'm going Forward and hoping I can find a dman or 2 later in the draft.

Sabres start the week in 29th place. Currently have a 31.2% chance of drafting in the top 3, 10.5% chance of drafting 1st. At worst, they would draft 6th.

3rd would be an interesting spot for the Sabres- do they take the best forward on the board (Zadina / Svechnikov), who would probably be the BPA or do you draft that puck moving dman that this team desperately needs (Boqvist / Smith / Hughes)?

Personally, I'm going Forward and hoping I can find a dman or 2 later in the draft.

Do you really think we're desperate for puck moving dman?  Watching the games it doesn't seem like that's our issue(s).

Do you really think we're desperate for puck moving dman?  Watching the games it doesn't seem like that's our issue(s).

It is our most pressing need because it's the one thing we have absolutely zero of. Do we need more guys who can play better in the d-zone? Sure, but Scandella and Falk do a good job back there. Do we need more scoring? Sure, but Kane, Eichel, ROR are no scoring slouches. Do we need puck-movers that drive play? Yes, and we don't have anything close.

It is our most pressing need because it's the one thing we have absolutely zero of. Do we need more guys who can play better in the d-zone? Sure, but Scandella and Falk do a good job back there. Do we need more scoring? Sure, but Kane, Eichel, ROR are no scoring slouches. Do we need puck-movers that drive play? Yes, and we don't have anything close.

100% agree. Plus, puck movers are needed in housleys system. Though, we can hope Guhle will help fill that role next season.

Comparable for Dahlin:

https://mobile.twitter.com/igoreronko/status/925879192218202115

Hakan Andersson: 'Rasmus Dahlin is not a new Lidstrom, he plays another style, but he has all the tools to become the top-D in the NHL'

More Andersson: Andrei Svechnikov is not just a pure goal scorer. He's not Ovechkin, he's Kucherov in Ovechkin's body. He's a playmaker too

Edited by Crusader1969

Craigslist is out today:

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-dahlin-dominating-one-canadian-in-top-10-1.915356

1) Dahlin - compares to McDavid and Matthew. I read one scout say that he would be the 1st pick in the draft even if he was a Forward.

2) Boqvist 

3) Svechnikov

4) Tkachuk

5) Zadina

6) Wilde - this is an exciting gain (moving from 20 something to 6th) He is a player I've been watching since the start of the season. More conventional size at 6'2 than the other potential top 10 picks (Boqvist, Smith, Hughes,)  Merkley) outside of Dahlin

7) Hughes

8) Kupuri

9) Hayton

10) Wahlstrom

Can't see the Sabres picking outside top 10 at the moment so need need to go further.

Dear God. Kid skates like Karlsson but hits like Doughty. Take 3m and watch this whole video, this kid is simply amazing

I wouldn't get too exited by Dahlin's potential. I've heard that ALL Sabres prospects looked like that when they played in Juniors...

All the Sabres sniped corners in juniors/college/Europe as well. This is my least favorite take on SS.

It won't matter as someone better will be picked later and one poster Will tell us he knew he'd be better all along. And somehow it will creep into every other thread.

There's a block feature for a reason if you would care to use it. 

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.