dudacek's Sabrespace Offseason NHL Player Ranking Game Thread

Randall Flagg

You're the guy in front of him, not behind ;)

I'm not worried about Eleven though, he still has a lot of time and seems to post in certain discrete blocks of time. Just in general, emergencies happen. 

Damn, you caught me trying to be cute.

Anyway, 11 picked the dude I would have, even though I never would have had the chance.

Also, did you say you want a PM for all picks, or just if we are not anticipating being online when our pick comes up?

At this rate, I am planning a getaway on Labour Day weekend and I anticipate that is when my next pick will come up ...  :P

I had a very difficult time choosing between Kane and Karlsson.

I had a threesome ( :flirt: ) going on over here ... P. Kane, Karlsson and Malkin.

It ended up Kane, Malkin, Karlsson.  The hardest part was between #4 and #5.

So, FYI ... my top 5 are (in this particular order)

Crosby

McDavid

P. Kane

Malkin

Karlsson

Helluva player.

1.) dudacek: Connor McDavid (2, +1)
2.) Sabres Fan in NSSidney Crosby (6, +4)
3.) Eleven: Patrick Kane (1, -2)
4.) Flagg: Erik Karlsson (17, +13)
5.) Derrico: Brent Burns (93, +88)
6.) nfreeman: Nikita Kucherov (58, +52)
7.) EichSnipe: Jack Eichel (9, +2)
8.) Taro T: Alex Ovechkin (8, -)
9.) GASabresFan: Leon Draisaitl (No ranking, -)
10.) ubkev: Auston Matthews (No ranking, -)
11.) Thorny: Evgeni Malkin (16, +5)
12.) WildCard: John Tavares (3, -9)
13.) North Buffalo: Jamie Benn (19, +6)
14.) TrueBlueGED:
15.) IrwinNelson:
16.) Sabres79:
17.) Sabres79:
18.) IrwinNelson
19.) TrueBlueGED:
20.) North Buffalo:
21.) WildCard:
22.) Thorny:
23.) ubkev:
24.) GASabresFan:
25.) Taro T:
26.) EichSnipe:
27.) nfreeman:
28.) Derrico:
29.) Flagg:
30.) Eleven:
31.) Sabres Fan in NS:
32.) dudacek

Edited by Randall Flagg

Not how I saw it going either! This is tough. I wanna be the one to do it, but I don't wanna be the one to do it. I'm on the fence between a defenseman and a center.

I think this guy finishes fifth in the NHL in scoring. I am more confident in his ability to stay healthy over others like Stamkos, Malkin. His offensivive impact this year will be elite. And he's ours.

Jack Eichel

Not how I saw it going either! This is tough. I wanna be the one to do it, but I don't wanna be the one to do it. I'm on the fence between a defenseman and a center.

I think this guy finishes fifth in the NHL in scoring. I am more confident in his ability to stay healthy over others like Stamkos, Malkin. His offensivive impact this year will be elite. And he's ours.

Jack Eichel

Good man!!

I had Jack at #6.

So many good candidates at this point.  Marchand, Backstrom, Tarasenko.  Maybe even Benn, Matthews and Laine.  If Malkin or Stamkos could stay healthy for a full season they would be the choice here. However, I'm looking for someone who might actually over perform this spot in the rankings.  Tarasenko has been consistent for the last 3 years.  Backstrom and Marchand had career years at 29.  Benn was off last year.  

Therefore with the 9th pick in the Sabrespace.com summer best NHL player draft the GASabresFAN draft Leon Draisaitl, C of the Edm Oilers.  At 21 this youngster finished 8th in pts and 9th in p/gp of players with over 50 games.  He should outperform those numbers this season.

Edited by GASabresFan

Thorny, WildCard, sabills.

My list looks so different from this one!

Since we're done with ten, this was mine:

1.) Crosby

2.) Karlsson

3.) McDavid

4.) Hedman

5.) Malkin

6.) Doughty

7.) P. Kane

8.) Tavares

9.) Getzlaf

10.) Tarasenko

I was in the fence between Eichel and Hedman

I was in the fence between Eichel and Hedman

A couple points behind Burns and twice as good defensively. For my money, the only guy that comes anywhere close to Karlsson.

I really like the list we're building. Some bold picks that could pay off in spades, so much potential to have monster seasons next year.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.