dudacek's Sabrespace Offseason NHL Player Ranking Game Thread

Randall Flagg

Apparently better than Jack according to the Hockey News ;)

What did they say? Maybe right now he is, but their trajectory isn't comparable thus far. Jack is the more valuable talent.

Gonna make my pick right away. SS seemed to be down for a bit, there.

Sorry, for whatever reason I haven't been able to access the forum with any regularity. I've been getting either 501 errors or timing out about 8/10 tries on getting on. Not sure if anyone else has been having issue, but it's been pretty sporadic the past week

This is really hard choice. I'm having a hard time with the fact that we haven't drafted a goalie. Holtby and Bob should really be in this area or higher. But this is a BPA draft and this guy is ranked higher then Holtby and Bob.

G-d I hate this guy, but ............ with the 22nd pick, the GASabresFAN selects Boston LW and agitator Brad Marchand. With back to back 35+ goal seasons, who has finally developed his passing game in the more dynamic Boston offense, we should see another strong season from this jerk.

There are about 5 goalies that are all the same, or slightly different, than one another for me. Rather build a strong possession team and back end and let a mediocre goalie handle meh shots.

In short, Montreal and the Rangers never succeed, but Nashville, Chicago, Pitt, LA...they all did with meh goalies

Price had a "down" year though. For next season, I'm taking Price, and that's what we are drafting for. He's still the standard in goal in my opinion.

There are about 5 goalies that are all the same, or slightly different, than one another for me. Rather build a strong possession team and back end and let a mediocre goalie handle meh shots.

In short, Montreal and the Rangers never succeed, but Nashville, Chicago, Pitt, LA...they all did with meh goalies

But we aren't drafting a team.

This is really hard choice. I'm having a hard time with the fact that we haven't drafted a goalie. Holtby and Bob should really be in this area or higher. But this is a BPA draft and this guy is ranked higher then Holtby and Bob.

G-d I hate this guy, but ............ with the 22nd pick, the GASabresFAN selects Boston LW and agitator Brad Marchand. With back to back 35+ goal seasons, who has finally developed his passing game in the more dynamic Boston offense, we should see another strong season from this jerk.

I'm betting we don't make it far enough in this draft for me to even consider a goalie. Brad Marchand is a piece of sh!t.

...but he's a great hockey player. I'd have taken him if PK went before I picked.

1.) dudacek: Connor McDavid (2, +1)
2.) Sabres Fan in NSSidney Crosby (6, +4)
3.) Eleven: Patrick Kane (1, -2)
4.) Flagg: Erik Karlsson (17, +13)
5.) Derrico: Brent Burns (93, +88)
6.) nfreeman: Nikita Kucherov (58, +52)
7.) EichSnipe: Jack Eichel (9, +2)
8.) Taro T: Alex Ovechkin (8, -)
9.) GASabresFan: Leon Draisaitl (No ranking, -)
10.) ubkev: Auston Matthews (No ranking, -)
11.) Thorny: Evgeni Malkin (16, +5)
12.) WildCard: John Tavares (3, -9)
13.) North Buffalo: Jamie Benn (19, +6)
14.) TrueBlueGED: Victor Hedman (42, +28)
IrwinNelson:
15.) Sabres79: Patrik Laine (NR, -)
16.) Sabres79: Vladimir Tarasenko (20, +4)

IrwinNelson
17.) TrueBlueGED: Nicklas Backstrom (13, -4)
18.) North Buffalo: Mark Scheifele (NR, -)
19.) WildCard: Drew Doughty (18, -1)
20.) Thorny: Steven Stamkos (7, -13)
21.) ubkev: PK Subban (21, -)
22.) GASabresFan: Brad Marchand (164, +142)
23.) Taro T: Brayden Holtby (129, +106)
24.) EichSnipe: Tyler Seguin (11, -13)
25.) nfreeman: Carey Price (24, -1)
26.) Derrico: Artemi Panarin (NR, -)
27.) Flagg: Ryan Getzlaf (23, -4)
28.) Eleven: Duncan Keith (32, +4)
29.) Sabres Fan in NS: Phil Kessel (66, +37)
30.) dudacek

Taro, EichSnipe, nfreeman, Derrico.

Sorry, for whatever reason I haven't been able to access the forum with any regularity. I've been getting either 501 errors or timing out about 8/10 tries on getting on. Not sure if anyone else has been having issue, but it's been pretty sporadic the past week

It's all good, thanks for checking in and sorry about your picks! I'll leave you in for the next round unless you want out. 

Not sure about the errors.

Edited by Randall Flagg

I'm going to be inactive until tonight, so I'm going to PM WildCard since I happen to be looking at a post of his right now in case we do get to me. 

Starting to get weird in here...

Had my pick not been 8, both of your picks were the 2 that were getting debated & one of the 2 (most likely Victor) would have gone.

STAY OUT OF MY HEAD! :P

This is no time for quips my good man.  You are on the clock!

Starting to get weird in here...

This is no time for quips my good man.  You are on the clock!

Fine. Staying w/ the semi-ironically lower cased team, pretty sure a goalie had to get picked sometime in this draft, so might as well go w/ Mr. Holtby.

EichSnipe sent me a PM which says "if Taro picks tonight, here are my top 2" which I take to mean that he went to bed, even though it shows him still being "active", so I'm sorry if I'm stealing your thunder by interpreting that the wrong way EichSnipe but I'll put your pick in now. 

EichSnipe selects Tyler Seguin.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.