dudacek's Sabrespace Offseason NHL Player Ranking Game Thread

Randall Flagg

I believe he occupies a tier with Orr and Coffey when you era-adjust scoring, and those three stand far above anyone else.

EK is a generational defenseman. 

And don't look now, but he went from mediocre defensively to great defensively in the past 2 years. 

Didn't mean to lobby or anything, Eleven, make sure it's YOUR guy you pick.

Here comes Brent Burns.

I'd take him over Malkin. Who else you got?

Price? That's it. I think Malkin, Karlsson, Price is my next tier. Not sure the order.

But I'd put Malkin 3.

The Kid, McJesus, Shrek.

Here comes Brent Burns.

Price? That's it. I think Malkin, Karlsson, Price is my next tier. Not sure the order.

Call me when Brent produces 15-20 more points than the next highest D for 5 of 6 seasons (had 14 in 17 before Cooke murdered his ankle for the other one), not outscores EK by 5 but playing 5 more games than him one time :nana:

Also here's this so we don't have to go to the last page.

1.) dudacek: Connor McDavid (2, +1)

2.) Sabres Fan in NS: Sidney Crosby (6, +4)

3.) Eleven: Patrick Kane (1, -2)

4.) Flagg: Erik Karlsson (17, +13)

5.) Derrico: Brent Burns (93, +88)

6.) nfreeman:

7.) EichSnipe:

8.) Taro T:

9.) GASabresFan:

10.) ubkev:

11.) Thorny:

12.) WildCard:

13.) sabills:

14.) North Buffalo:

15.) TrueBlueGED:

16.) IrwinNelson:

17.) Sabres79:

18.) Sabres79:

19.) IrwinNelson

20.) TrueBlueGED:

21.) North Buffalo:

22.) sabills:

23.) WildCard:

24.) Thorny:

25.) ubkev:

26.) GASabresFan:

27.) Taro T:

28.) EichSnipe:

29.) nfreeman:

30.) Derrico:

31.) Flagg:

32.) Eleven:

33.) Sabres Fan in NS:

34.) dudacek

Edited by Randall Flagg

I wouldn't put Stamkos or Kucherov in my top 5 either :P

True, but Stammer's sample size last season is way smaller, and an argument could be made for Kuch. Though I'm not going to make it.

Edited by Thorny

I don't actually see Burns anywhere near Karlsson....

It's ridonkulous that Sid was 6 last time. That must speak to the confusion over team building/potential/BPA last time.

Partly, but think about where the Penguins were then. Sid was a lot closer to his injuries, they had just went for their 6th disappointing playoffs in a row, articles every week about how that team ruined what should have been 3+ cup careers for the two centers.

Partly, but think about where the Penguins were then. Sid was a lot closer to his injuries, they had just went for their 6th disappointing playoffs in a row, articles every week about how that team ruined what should have been 3+ cup careers for the two centers.

True, but he was coming off back to back basically full seasons, of 104 points, and 84 in 77 games.

Hopefully Eleven checks in before bed. 

Not as a response to him, but just in general, how about we put a 24 hour limit starting from when the pick before you is made? If you take more than 24 hours to make a pick the guy behind you makes it for you, and then makes their next one too. 

And a good thing that helped last time - if you think you aren't going to be around for an extended period of time, you can PM me or anyone else who is on the board a lot and give them a list of players in order you'd like to take if still available and they can let us know in here and we'll mark it down and move on. 

Not as a response to him, but just in general, how about we put a 24 hour limit starting from when the pick before you is made? If you take more than 24 hours to make a pick the guy behind you makes it for you, and then makes their next one too. 

And a good thing that helped last time - if you think you aren't going to be around for an extended period of time, you can PM me or anyone else who is on the board a lot and give them a list of players in order you'd like to take if still available and they can let us know in here and we'll mark it down and move on. 

That would be me.

NS open for offers to trade the 3rd overall pick,

It shouldn't be the guy behind you picking for you. But anybody following him on the clock should be able to go once that pick before them has been made.

Realizing we aren't picking a fantasy team, but still each "owner" should pick his own team, IMHO.

Taro, what do you mean by that? I'm groggy and not really following haha

I'll cautiously agree that it'd be fun to compare the groups of players we wind up taking, but like you mention, when making your selection just focus on the already specified parameters. 

Hey do we pm you with our picks our just list them here?

Taro, what do you mean by that? I'm groggy and not really following haha

I'll cautiously agree that it'd be fun to compare the groups of players we wind up taking, but like you mention, when making your selection just focus on the already specified parameters.

Ya, I mean realistically it's more like we are working together rather than in competition. We are trying to create the most accurately ordered list as possible. (Or, at least, what could seem to be - always a level of subjectivity)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.