Sabres pick #8 Casey Mittlestadt

spndnchz

You're Terry Pegula? Can I borrow a million or so? I'm good for it.

See below 

He said he would but the RBF makes you look a bit shady.  :flirt:

I can't remember, but are you pro-Kane or not?

I am not a pro Kane, but I'm not a fully anti-Kane either.  I like parts of his game, but wish he made those around him better.  I'd like to see him develop some passing skills.  

Good problem to have.

I think at least one of Mittelstadt and Reinhart will shift to wing full time. The other perhaps plays C, but not necessarily.

Asplund is the future 3 C. If O'Reilly doesn't shift to wing, both Mittelstadt and Reinhart play wing, unless Asplund maxes out as a 4C.

Nylander and Bailey slot in at LW, Fasching and Baptiste on the right. Pouliot and Moulson are the two LWs that move to make room when the young-uns are ready, Pominville is a candidate on the right. I think there's space for one of the young players on RW now.

Roughly:

Mittelstadt - Eichel - Reinhart

Nylander - O'Reilly - Okposo

Kane - Asplund - Fasching

Bailey - Larsson - Baptiste

Boom.

Your forgetting Pu.  If he continues to develop, I think he fits in here somehow and you left out Pominville.  Generally I like those lines.  Thinking there is room to move a winger or Larsson once Pu develops... Again, nice problems to have and who knows who comes out of next year's draft.

Edited by North Buffalo

Yup. Roll 3 scoring/balanced lines!

Although, I don't even mind sending out Bailey - Larsson - Baptiste for their share of minutes.

It's one thing to just not think the roster can support 3 balanced lines right now (I disagree, but it's a perfectly reasonable position), but the rigid top-6/bottom-6 formulation of team building drives me completely insane. Rejecting something out of hand because "X belongs in the top-6, not the 3rd line" kills me. Edited by TrueBlueGED

It's one thing to just not think the roster can support 3 balanced lines right now (I disagree, but it's a perfectly reasonable position), but the rigid top-6/bottom-6 formulation of team building drives me completely insane. Rejecting something out of hand because "X belongs in the top-6, not the 3rd line" kills me.

I think you should have as much talent in your 4 lines as you can afford and role the lines accordingly.

I am not a pro Kane, but I'm not a fully anti-Kane either.  I like parts of his game, but wish he made those around him better.  I'd like to see him develop some passing skills.  

He does make players around him better even though he's not a passer - he's given plenty of players an assist to post in their stat line.

It's one thing to just not think the roster can support 3 balanced lines right now (I disagree, but it's a perfectly reasonable position), but the rigid top-6/bottom-6 formulation of team building drives me completely insane. Rejecting something out of hand because "X belongs in the top-6, not the 3rd line" kills me.

I think you should have as much talent in your 4 lines as you can afford and role the lines accordingly.

Precisely! Lest we forget that once upon a time, Vanek-Roy-Pominville was our third line and it was awesome. In a vacuum, based on type of player, none of them really projected as 3rd-liners even on that roster. But the top two lines had chemistry, balanced parts, and experience. You've got to go with what works for you. That team rolled 4 deep (3 for sure). So did the 1999 team.

Exactly right and how much money they make shouldn't dictate what line they play on.  That's just how things workout sometimes if you have a young player that's a better fit paired higher.

Precisely! Lest we forget that once upon a time, Vanek-Roy-Pominville was our third line and it was awesome. In a vacuum, based on type of player, none of them really projected as 3rd-liners even on that roster. But the top two lines had chemistry, balanced parts, and experience. You've got to go with what works for you. That team rolled 4 deep (3 for sure). So did the 1999 team.

I think Afinogenov was in Pominville's spot.

Edited by inkman

April 6th is the championship game of the Frozen Four, which is the same day at the Sabres Regular Season Finale in Florida.

Casey will be Jack's LW for the playoffs

Yeah baby!  Yeah!

That was a good article about him from the Sabres' website. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.