Around the NHL 2017

spndnchz

He wants Drasaitl money and the Bruins want to pay him like Eberle. Offer sheet this man

If the Sabres can still put out an offer sheet (I don't know if there's a deadline and I don't know if there's cap space), they absolutely should. 

(But better make sure Jack is locked up first!)

What's this Boston player's story? A comparable player or two?

I think with the Sabres being so non-competitive for so long, I've really lost track of what other young players in our division are doing, etc.

He is comparable to Casey Middlestadt, Bobby Orr, and Mario Lemieux.

What's this Boston player's story? A comparable player or two?

I think with the Sabres being so non-competitive for so long, I've really lost track of what other young players in our division are doing, etc.

Artemi Panarin

Cam Atkinson

Rikard Rakell

Dany Heatley

Milan Hejduk

Corey Perry

Logan Couture

Joe Pavelski

If the Sabres can still put out an offer sheet (I don't know if there's a deadline and I don't know if there's cap space), they absolutely should. 

(But better make sure Jack is locked up first!)

He is comparable to Casey Middlestadt, Bobby Orr, and Mario Lemieux.

Blasphemy! No one compares to Casey Mittelstadt. He is the alpha and the omega.

The Columbus Blue Jackets announced on Friday that the team had signed center Alexander Wennberg to a six-year deal.

Wennberg is slated to make $29.4 million over the six years of his deal, giving him an average annual cap hit of $4.9 million.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/blue-jackets-re-sign-alexander-wennberg/

Pastrnak has only played three seasons so the Bruins are probably crying that he is a RFA for 4 more seasons and they have a point there. Comparables from his draft year are Ehlers and Drai. Drai got way too much. People around here are saying Ehlers' next contract should be 6+...I think Drai got over 1.5m too much and Ehlers should only get about 5.5m but that's me. I think Pastrnak is the best player from his draft year and if he signs for 8 years, should get about 6.5m - 6.75m a year. Not much he can do besides hold out and the Bruins are a pretty old school organization and wouldn't panic and over pay. I think he signs in the next 10 days.

This is 4 minutes of McDavid highlights that don't result in a goal, so the stuff we don't see all that much on the east coast. Well, there was one goal in there, but think about the fact that this guy had 99 points outside of this video last season. 

If PA were here, I'd rely on him to chirp my complete and total admiration for those clips. Un-frickin-real.

It calls to mind the remark that one of Scorcese or Coppola said about a young Leonardo DiCaprio: "Please. Don't let anything happen to him,"

Convinced Bowman is overrated 

Every GM is overrated.. because eventually the star power you happen upon by almost pure chance ends up leaving you and then you look like an incompetent boob.  I'm not sure there is a GM in the league that doesn't fall into this category at some point.  Hell the Red Wings made the playoffs for 25 years or whatever and people call their GM out.

I think the decline of every GM is the moment they spend big money on those contracts.  It ties their hands and make team building an exercise of how do I still fill out the remaining 16-18 slots with 25% less cap space to work in.

I should take that back... the Patriots are proving quite well that you only need to invest in 1 player to really win for a long time.  Perhaps in hockey you need 2.. and perhaps the Penguins become a good model for that, but of course their stars are not making the same money as Kane and Toews either.

The presumption that the cap keeps going up hasn't held true.

I'm on the edge of my seat!

That's just because you like the way it feels on your hiney

Every GM is overrated.. because eventually the star power you happen upon by almost pure chance ends up leaving you and then you look like an incompetent boob.

I enjoy boobs of all competency levels

Every GM is overrated.. because eventually the star power you happen upon by almost pure chance ends up leaving you and then you look like an incompetent boob.  I'm not sure there is a GM in the league that doesn't fall into this category at some point.  Hell the Red Wings made the playoffs for 25 years or whatever and people call their GM out.

I think the decline of every GM is the moment they spend big money on those contracts.  It ties their hands and make team building an exercise of how do I still fill out the remaining 16-18 slots with 25% less cap space to work in.

I should take that back... the Patriots are proving quite well that you only need to invest in 1 player to really win for a long time.  Perhaps in hockey you need 2.. and perhaps the Penguins become a good model for that, but of course their stars are not making the same money as Kane and Toews either.

The presumption that the cap keeps going up hasn't held true.

I'll find the article on bowman

Here it is: https://www.fanragsports.com/blackhawks/myth-stan-bowmans-genius/

The Winnipeg Jets handed out contract extensions to general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff and head coach Paul Maurice, according to NHL Insider Darren Dreger, who noted that while both are multi-year agreements, Cheveldayoff’s materialized months ago while Maurice’s was more recent.

https://www.fanragsports.com/news/report-jets-extend-kevin-cheveldayoff-paul-maurice/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.