Rumor: LA Kings interested in Evander Kane

LGR4GM

I want to sign Kane, not trade him. But I am fascinated by the return because the internet is so all over the board.

It's my view that Bogo/Myers nearly cancel off, and that we paid a little more (part of Stafford) than a late first, and two B prospects for him.

Lucic is his best comparable (I do not think he is as valued as Lucic, but he is the best comparable) — power forward a year away from UFA.

He got the equivalent of two firsts and and B prospect

it's also my view that he has performed largely to expectations — he didn't keep his nose clean, but he did last year and he has produced.

Still, many think his value has dropped to point he is little more than a salary dump.

Edited by dudacek

*I'd love to see Kane in Vegas lol.

The antics are strong in Vegas with that one....

I want to sign Kane, not trade him. But I am fascinated by the return because the internet is so all over the board.

It's my view that Bogo/Myers nearly cancel off, and that we paid a little more (part of Stafford) than a late first, and two B prospects for him.

Lucic is his best comparable (I do not think he is as valued as Lucic, but he is the best comparable) — power forward a year away from UFA.

it's also my view that he has performed largely to expectations — he didn't keep his nose clean, but he did last year and he has produced.

Still, many think his value has dropped to point he is little more than a salary dump.

Yeah, no. I figure it'll cost the Sabres more to replace his production than it would to resign him. Stupid GM's of other teams have set the market for scoring wingers at about .25 cents to the dollar. Sign the dude.

Still not sure why y'all are so eager to move him. I hope they at least make an attempt to re-sign him.

Executive summary:

1) Don't like his on-ice fit with our best players

2) Don't like investing money/term in non-elite wingers with an injury history (especially with Okposo signed already on said contract)

3) There's a price I have I'd like to keep him at. I anticipate his ask exceeds this substantially. If I could get him for about his current cap hit for 5 years, I do it. I expect there's NFW this happens. I simply don't think he's worth an Okposo/Lucic $6Mx7 contract--I think I can get enough of his production from younger and cheaper pieces to not invest.

Executive summary:

1) Don't like his on-ice fit with our best players

2) Don't like investing money/term in non-elite wingers with an injury history (especially with Okposo signed already on said contract)

3) There's a price I have I'd like to keep him at. I anticipate his ask exceeds this substantially. If I could get him for about his current cap hit for 5 years, I do it. I expect there's NFW this happens. I simply don't think he's worth an Okposo/Lucic $6Mx7 contract--I think I can get enough of his production from younger and cheaper pieces to not invest.

Right, IMO there is no contract that Kane would agree to sign where I would be happy with the terms long term. It's just going to cost too much from a team building perspective that I don't think we need more than one high cap wingers.

He's younger than Lucic was when they made the trade for him.  If you can get 1st, 2nd, and Clague.  Make the deal.  Anything less move on.  

There are two reasons to trade him:

1) He's not re-signing with Buffalo

2) He's the only piece that will fetch what they are looking for

Yup. And I could be convinced that he's not interested in staying here. 

I think he wants to be a flashy big market guy. Trade him to any of the warm weather teams. 

I eagerly await the backlash over the lackluster return. We may lose a handful of posters due to head explosions :P

If get a crappy return we should keep him.

I am bracing myself for this likely scenario -- the return is going to be horrible. I think Buffalo is holding out for this grand deal, but it is instead going to be: E. Kane is traded to the Toronto Maple Leafs for a 2019 5th round pick and Tobias Lindberg.

Kane and 8 to Vegas for 13, 15 and Colin Miller.

That gives Vegas 6 and 8 in an attempt to move up to a top 3 pick if that really is what they covet.

*I'd love to see Kane in Vegas lol.

This is terrible.  I'm sorry but Kane and 8, to move down and for Colin Miller, sorry if that's the best we can do.  PASS!

... Now there is an interesting deal

I was really high on Clague and remain high on him.  I'm one of the few who also like Kempe, but he might not be a pure get in the sense of Housley's style.  So I'd rather go for the defensemen and continue to overhaul our system with defensemen.

No way the Kings offer 11 for Kane. It would be a high end prospect, a roster player of some sort, and a 3rd that turns into a 2nd if he signs. 

I don't see the disconnect here.  They offered a 1st, a conditional pick and Jones for Lucic.  Who was turned into a 1st.  If we cannot get 11 and something like Clague and a secondary pick there is no point.  Lucic had one year left, was older and is not as highly potent a scorer. 

Edited by TheCerebral1

I don't see the disconnect here. They offered a 1st, a conditional pick and Jones for Lucic. Who was turned into a 1st. If we cannot get 11 and something like Clague and a secondary pick there is no point. Lucic had one year left, was older and is not as highly potent a scorer.

You think they make that mistake again?

I was really high on Clague and remain high on him.  I'm one of the few who also like Kempe, but he might not be a pure get in the sense of Housley's style.  So I'd rather go for the defensemen and continue to overhaul our system with defensemen.

I would take Kempe and Clague for Kane

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.