Rumor: LA Kings interested in Evander Kane

LGR4GM

It's going to have to be a team with a strong leadership group.  Chicago, Bos and Pitt come to mind.  Maybe LA with Brown, Kopitar and Carter. 

I remember when Bobby Bonilla and Gary Sheffield came to the Braves with similar reputations.  Smoltz, Chipper, Glavine and Maddux explained to them how things worked in the Braves clubhouse and both were actually excellent on and off the field here.  

Chicago, Boston, and Pitt cannot afford him. Brown had the C stripped from him, Carter has his own history of issues, and by all accounts Kopitar struggled heavily with becoming the Captain this season 

I am just absolutely torn about how I feel about the Kane situation.  In fact, I've changed my mind back and forth several times. 

I've read you guys debating stats back and forth (good information), contract stuff,  Kane's value, Kane's game, etc.  I'm leaning towards wanting to keep and extend him. 

It's not easy to find a player that puts the puck into the net - he's been a consistent scorer since entering he league - I love that he's just 25 years old. 

That's fair, but what about Anisimov and a couple of D prospects like Snuggerud (Dave's kid) and Chad Krys

I just have no interest in him at all. He's got 4 years left at $4.5m, has nowhere to slot in on this team, and is 29. Also, how much of his production can be attributed to Kane? There just isn't anything good that comes out of trading for Anisimov 

No clue, he didn't mention one

We're probably asking for Martinez and a prospect and they want to give us Forbort or Muzzin I bet. No link, just theorizing. These LA Kane rumors won't die I still think something will happen. Hard to trade him without an extension for an established d.

Edited by Saratoga Sabres Fan

I just have no interest in him at all. He's got 4 years left at $4.5m, has nowhere to slot in on this team, and is 29. Also, how much of his production can be attributed to Kane? There just isn't anything good that comes out of trading for Anisimov 

I don't mind his contract.  It gives us time to let Nylander, Davidsson, and Middelstadt develop if we use him at LW.  He also can serves at the 3rd line center.  He has been a 40 pt guy on all 3 teams he has played for.  Kane may have help a little, but mostly he used his size to create space for Panarin and Kane to work their magic. 

I think this is one of those "damn if you do and damn if you don't" things...if we trade kane we are losing a monster talent and replacing his goals (especially if Okoposo does not return this year) will be next to impossible on a team that is challenged to score far too often.

Of course, if we don;t trade him we will just lose him next summer for absolutely nothing which is just as bad. I do think his value is also one of things whereby teams are concerned about that dreaded and well noted attitude. I must say it must be tough for GMJBotto to try and put a price on a kane trade. what is good? what is just depserate?...

I think this is one of those "damn if you do and damn if you don't" things...if we trade kane we are losing a monster talent and replacing his goals (especially if Okoposo does not return this year) will be next to impossible on a team that is challenged to score far too often.

Of course, if we don;t trade him we will just lose him next summer for absolutely nothing which is just as bad. I do think his value is also one of things whereby teams are concerned about that dreaded and well noted attitude. I must say it must be tough for GMJBotto to try and put a price on a kane trade. what is good? what is just depserate?...

I will bet anything we can trade Kane and still score more goals than last year. , I'll have a McDavid avatar for a year 

I think if Kane's value is as low as certain reporters seem to think that we might be able to resign him for a more reasonable contract than we were thinking before. If we can lock him up for, say. 5.5 a year (small increase from where he is now, 5.25) are more people interested in signing him long term here? 6? Whats the cutoff point.

I think if Kane's value is as low as certain reporters seem to think that we might be able to resign him for a more reasonable contract than we were thinking before. If we can lock him up for, say. 5.5 a year (small increase from where he is now, 5.25) are more people interested in signing him long term here? 6? Whats the cutoff point.

Well, I think plenty of GMs are willing to trade for him OR to give him a fat contract, but the prospect of both is what's deflating his value. Anyway, for me, it's more about the term--if I can get him for $5.5x5 I'm pretty open to it. $5.5x7? No thanks.

Well, I think plenty of GMs are willing to trade for him OR to give him a fat contract, but the prospect of both is what's deflating his value. Anyway, for me, it's more about the term--if I can get him for $5.5x5 I'm pretty open to it. $5.5x7? No thanks.

Even if we do, then what? He cannot play with RoR or Eichel. What're we gonna do, throw him on the 3rd? What happens when Mittlestadt and Nylander are ready?

Even if we do, then what? He cannot play with RoR or Eichel. What're we gonna do, throw him on the 3rd? What happens when Mittlestadt and Nylander are ready?

Wait, are you concerned we're going to have too much talent in the froward ranks? It'll work for a couple years, then as Mittelstadt and Nylander are coming off their ELCs, Kane will be expiring and Okposo will be trade bait to a cap floor team. But while on their ELCs, there's plenty of roster space in the top-9, unless you think every wing prospect we have right now is going to set the world on fire.

XXX-ROR-Okposo

XXX-Eichel-XXX

Kane-Reinhart-XXX

Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching are really the only three who have real top-9 potential. Doubt they all make it, but one probably will, with an outside shot at two. Fill the ranks with them for now, in addition to Girgs and/or some cheap UFA scorers, while Mittelstadt and Nylander develop. When one or both of those are ready, we'll know for sure about Girgs, the cheap UFAs will be gone, as will Moulson and Ennis. Plenty of roster space to go around so long as we don't add a long term winger on top of what's already here.

I still disagree that he can't play with ROR or EIchel. Thats exactly where I want him. 

Heh, those are the last places in the world I want him. His defense is too poor to flank O'Reilly given the matchups he faces, and I continue to think there's not enough puck to go around for him and Eichel, and they both like going down that left wing spot, so not enough ice either.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.