Rumor: LA Kings interested in Evander Kane

LGR4GM

How about Kane and our 1st to Montreal for Galchenyuk and their 1st.

Galchenyuk is only 23.  Is 6'1 210 and had 30 goals in 2015-6.  Plays both LW and C.

He is an RFA looking for a decent raise. He has 5 NHL seasons under his belt so if an UFA in 2 seasons.  Sign to him for 2 for 8 or 4 for 20.

Does Kane play d? That's what Montreal is looking for.

Who says?  They can't be looking for D to hard they just traded Sergachev and Baloo.  

Patches is 28, Price is 29, Weber 31, Emelin 31.  They are in win now mode.  Their deals reflect this as well.  Protecting Benn over Baloo.  Trading Subban for Weber.  Trading Sergachev for Drouin and then giving him 5.5 for 6 years.  

Granted if they trade us Galchenyuk, I don't know who their No. 1 center would be, but they clearly don't seem so enamored with Alex.  Kane would give them a physical scorer which Julien loves who doesn't need a top center to score. 

How about Kane and our 1st to Montreal for Galchenyuk and their 1st.

Galchenyuk is only 23. Is 6'1 210 and had 30 goals in 2015-6. Plays both LW and C.

He is an RFA looking for a decent raise. He has 5 NHL seasons under his belt so if an UFA in 2 seasons. Sign to him for 2 for 8 or 4 for 20.

No offense but that's a lousy trade for us. We slide down from #8 to #25, and gain a center we don't need and play him at wing like Montreal does? Just doesn't seem like good asset management. We should think defense on a Kane trade.

Extension.

Yep  :thumbsup:

If a GM is not willing to match what Botterill feels Kane is worth, keep him this season and try for a reasonable extension.  Only trade Kane shortly before the deadline if he wants to test the market.  There will be a team making a run that will want/need Kane.  Injury would be the main concern.  Sometimes you gotta roll the dice.  

If a GM is not willing to match what Botterill feels Kane is worth, keep him this season and try for a reasonable extension.  Only trade Kane shortly before the deadline if he wants to test the market.  There will be a team making a run that will want/need Kane.  Injury would be the main concern.  Sometimes you gotta roll the dice.  

This is the most reasonable solution.  It also will give Nylander another full season of development and maybe one of Baptiste or Bailey will move to the left side and have time to grow into the role of 2nd line LW.

This is the most reasonable solution.  It also will give Nylander another full season of development and maybe one of Baptiste or Bailey will move to the left side and have time to grow into the role of 2nd line LW.

Gambling that a guy who misses 20 games on average annually due to injury and had a s% 2% points higher than his career average will fetch more at a time where historically players don't is the most reasonable move? 

Players get more in the offseason. Kane is, much more likely than not, to be hurt during the season. Kane is, more likely than not, to have a worse season, even if healthy. Kane will also be a pure rental player at that point. There will never be a single higher evaluation of him than right now. 

Gambling that a guy who misses 20 games on average annually due to injury and had a s% 2% points higher than his career average will fetch more at a time where historically players don't is the most reasonable move? 

Players get more in the offseason. Kane is, much more likely than not, to be hurt during the season. Kane is, more likely than not, to have a worse season, even if healthy. Kane will also be a pure rental player at that point. There will never be a single higher evaluation of him than right now. 

That all may be correct. I tend to think, though, that we'd be stunned at how low his value actually is. That's not a slag on the player - just an observation on the market.

This is the only reason to trade him for me. His value is as high as it will go. If you don't think you can get a deal done at a price you like, then you trade him now.

But you still trade him for a value you think he's worth, and not a penny less.

This is the only reason to trade him for me. His value is as high as it will go. If you don't think you can get a deal done at a price you like, then you trade him now.

But you still trade him for a value you think he's worth, and not a penny less.

Those two things don't go hand in hand though. If you can't resign him for what you want, then you're forced to trade him, and you're not going to get what you want for him

That all may be correct. I tend to think, though, that we'd be stunned at how low his value actually is. That's not a slag on the player - just an observation on the market.

I believe this to definitely be true.

Those two things don't go hand in hand though. If you can't resign him for what you want, then you're forced to trade him, and you're not going to get what you want for him

Continuing on from Smell's point, I honestly think right now the return on Kane would be something like a Pick and b-level prospect. Pass. I'd rather keep him as a season long rental, if that's the return.

Greater value in that, for me. Especially given the fact that that'd be the worst case scenario. Maybe he signs a reasonable extension, maybe a team overpays at the deadline.

Greater value in that, for me. Especially given the fact that that'd be the worst case scenario. Maybe he signs a reasonable extension, maybe a team overpays at the deadline.

We are of a mind. I think both of these things are better options than moving him now for what would likely be a *meh* return (especially when considering the value of a season-long rental, as you put it).

Edited by That Aud Smell

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.