The 2nd Annual Great SS Meetup! Saturday March 10th, 1pm

WildCard

Well, I think it's safe to declare the inauguration of this hopefully annual event a rousing success; everything from Eichel out-dueling Matthews to Modo coming all the way over from Sweden, that night had it all. 

So, in talking with Tom Webster, we start again! The schedule isn't typically released until the end of June, but we would like to gauge the initial interest right first so we can prepare.

A few things:

1) It's only fair, IMO, that those who went last year are grandfathered in. If you went last year, you get first dibs on coming this year

2) I would like to do two games, one in November / December and one in March / April. We're not sure if this one is doable yet. If not, we would again do a spring game

3) We don't know the schedule yet, but I would like to hear thoughts on if we want another Leafs game, or a different team. 

4) Gabriel's Gate worked perfectly, I vote we go there again.

This process went very smoothly last time, let's make it that way again please.

Edited by Jokertecken

Any chance the march/ April one could be on a Saturday? I travel to buffalo once a year, always on a Saturday. I sit with my kids so I wouldn't be sitting with the group but it'd be nice to meet everyone during an intermission.

Any chance the march/ April one could be on a Saturday? I travel to buffalo once a year, always on a Saturday. I sit with my kids so I wouldn't be sitting with the group but it'd be nice to meet everyone during an intermission.

I think a Saturday works best for everyone involved. I know I would have to take the day off for a Friday game

I think a Saturday works best for everyone involved. I know I would have to take the day off for a Friday game

Okay nice. I typically go late March if possible to reduce chances of bad road conditions. I drop about $600 between three seats and a night at harborcenter so I always try to schedule it towards the end of winter because I travel 4 1/2 hours.

I'd like to join but it's tricky coming from out of town -- will definitely try.

For the 1st game, can I suggest November rather than December, as better weather makes for easier travel for the out-of-towners?

Also, a Sat. night game on a weekend with a home Bills game on the following Sunday would create the possibility of a lengthy binge including a tailgate.  (e.g. Sat. Oct. 28, Sat. Nov. 11 or Sat. Dec. 2).

Just sayin'.

Let's just say, hell yes... And I expect a continuation of the microwaved infant conversation, with full science behind it.

Two fo my family members just had babies less than a week apart. If you guys want I can test it out on one of them and have one be the control baby who sits outside the microwave. That way it can be all official sciency.

Thoughts? 

Two fo my family members just had babies less than a week apart. If you guys want I can test it out on one of them and have one be the control baby who sits outside the microwave. That way it can be all official sciency.

Thoughts?

I like it, we'll use the same microwaves, and adjust time based on weight....

Well have to check the international currency chart for payment per second.

Thoughts? 

It'd be better if they were identical twins, but I think our resident stats and bio people can factor that in.

I like it, we'll use the same microwaves, and adjust time based on weight....

Well have to check the international currency chart for payment per second.

Although one of them was a huige baby at birth (10lbs 11oz), so that may screw up the test. Big babies probably take longer to cook. Like chicken or something.

I'd like to join but it's tricky coming from out of town -- will definitely try.

For the 1st game, can I suggest November rather than December, as better weather makes for easier travel for the out-of-towners?

Also, a Sat. night game on a weekend with a home Bills game on the following Sunday would create the possibility of a lengthy binge including a tailgate.  (e.g. Sat. Oct. 28, Sat. Nov. 11 or Sat. Dec. 2).

Just sayin'.

I'm in total agreement with nfreeman on this and that rarely happens.  I think a sat pm sabres game followed by a sunday bills game with an extensive tailgate starting early would really allow for some serious bonding.  I would also be coming from out of town so the earlier the better.

Well, I think it's safe to declare the inauguration of this hopefully annual event a rousing success; everything from Eichel out-dueling Matthews to Modo coming all the way over from Sweden, that night had it all. 

So, in talking with Tom Webster, we start again! The schedule isn't typically released until the end of June, but we would like to gauge the initial interest right first so we can prepare.

A few things:

1) It's only fair, IMO, that those who went last year are grandfathered in. If you went last year, you get first dibs on coming this year

2) I would like to do two games, one in November / December and one in March / April. We're not sure if this one is doable yet. If not, we would again do a spring game

3) We don't know the schedule yet, but I would like to hear thoughts on if we want another Leafs game, or a different team. 

4) Gabriel's Gate worked perfectly, I vote we go there again.

This process went very smoothly last time, let's make it that way again please.

If we get most of the group that came this year in addition to the interest this has already been generating, this may become too large of a group to manage seats near each other/fill up Gabriel's Gate.

I think it's smart to start gauging interest to see what kind of meet up we need to schedule here. 

Just sayin'.

I mean, we could try it, but it'd just be so difficult I feel like. 

Let's just say, hell yes... And I expect a continuation of the microwaved infant conversation, with full science behind it.

There's plenty more scenarios just like that too actually

I'm glad I wasn't part of that particular fond memory...

I need a meet up with you guys in a quiet bar so I can actually talk to you ######.  In retrospect, I barely spoke to LTS, Flagg, and Taro.

I don't regret that I spent all my time telling WildCard he looks like Vanek, though.

I'm going to try and looks even more like him this time around

Well, a Bills game would be optional.  I wouldn't expect a major effort to get a block of tickets and sit together -- more like just have a tailgate for whoever wants to double down on Sunday.  The Sabres game and meetup would be the main event.

In any event, we won't know if it's possible until the NHL schedule comes out.

Well, a Bills game would be optional.  I wouldn't expect a major effort to get a block of tickets and sit together -- more like just have a tailgate for whoever wants to double down on Sunday.  The Sabres game and meetup would be the main event.

In any event, we won't know if it's possible until the NHL schedule comes out.

It's more so the hotels, sleeping arrangements, and rides at that point. But again, it could very well be a possibility. I'm just envisioning about 5-6 people actually going to both

Honestly there's a pretty slim chance of me being able to make the next one. As soon as you guys pick the game I'll confirm.

FWIW the tickets come in groups so there's a chance you'd be able to "sit with Sabrespace" and still be with your kids. Taro and his son did the same, as did Neo and his kids. They were all at Gabriel's Gate as well. 

I don't know the age of your kids though, so maybe you don't want them around a bunch of loud cursing drunks :P

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.