Memorable Playoff Goals

CGorman

Nostalgia is all we've had the past six years, so let's open this up. Just give a random playoff goals that stuck with you for whatever reason.

Stu Barnes Game 5 v Pittsburgh - 2002

Watched this one alone in my house on a random spring Saturday (if memory is correct it was the day before easter). Just felt right, plus the ping of the post mixed with Johan Hedberg's (who we couldn't beat early in that series) utter shock at the power of the shot made it amazing. 

Grosek, was on fire that playoffs. I remember being able to watch that game on fuzzy channel 5 with whole family in my bedroom because it was the only tv it would come in on. 

and Plante. 

Edited by Lanny

Grosek, was on fire that playoffs. I remember being able to watch that game on fuzzy channel 5 with whole family in my bedroom because it was the only tv it would come in on. 

and Plante. 

I remember the Plante goal really well. That game for whatever reason wasn't being shown on TV in my area, so I was keeping tabs via the other game on CBC (internet not really a big thing yet). When cutting to the highlight for who got the OT goal, I remember Ron MacLean said, "heartbreak in Buffalo". So I thought for sure the Sens scored, as the game was in Buffalo.

But sure enough, he was referring to heartbreak for the Canadian team.

Great goal.

That Grosek goal is a sneakily underrated one.

Good thread.

Bigly. I am always surprised it's not mentioned more. It was the first time the Sabres beat Philly in the playoffs and they did it in their building in overtime.

This was radio only for me, but I vividly remember Alan Haworth's overtime goal in Game 1 of a preliminary round best of five series against the Canucks in 1981. It was at the Aud. The Sabres tied it late on a goal by Andre Savard. Then Haworth scored in overtime and Rick was, well, he was 30-something Rick, use your imagination. "Alan Haworth! Alan Haworth!" I was listening on a stereo my brother had set up in the living room and I screamed so loud I woke him up and scared the hell out of him.

Haworth had a pretty nice little career. http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=2205

UPI recap of the game, with an account of Lindy Ruff holding the goalie's stick on the winning goal (probably was going to berate him with it) and a curious quote from Canucks coach Harry Neale about a best of five series possibly going six games.

http://www.upi.com/Archives/1981/04/09/For-Buffalo-Sabres-rookie-right-winger-Alan-Haworth-it-was/3306355640400/

Edited by PASabreFan

Bit of fun re Drury's goal ten years ago today. 

Look who was in the crowd:

C_ANDpCXUAUmnFi.jpg

Holy crap...I thought it was the Beiber at first! anyways this goal by one of my all time favorite Sabres, Jason Pomminstein, was so sweet...

Edited by Sabre fan

Derek Plante Game 7 OT winner against Ottawa in 1997, also because Dad and I were at the game 20 rows behind the opposite goal. What a great scene is was after the game. Felt like we won the Cup.

Also, Dave Hannan in 4OT against the Devils at 2AM EST was a classic that I will never forget

Edited by (E5)

Derek Plante Game 7 OT winner against Ottawa in 1997, also because Dad and I were at the game 20 rows behind the opposite goal. What a great scene is was after the game. Felt like we won the Cup.

Also, Dave Hannan in 4OT against the Devils at 2AM EST was a classic that I will never forget

Those are fond memories.

Worst one was in '99 of course

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.