GDT Sabres at Florida 7pm EST MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Terry, a team younger than yours with AHL defensemen compromising half their corps is playing this game in Toronto right now and yours played that game in Florida. ###### you and ###### your team and ###### everything else.

You tell em, Flagg

Terry, a team younger than yours with AHL defensemen compromising half their corps is playing this game in Toronto right now and yours played that game in Florida. ###### you and ###### your team and ###### everything else.

Watching the way that young Toronto team plays is frustrating. In relation to ours. They deserve to go to the dance. We don't.

GMTM needs to do some soul searching and do whats best for this team going forward. The way our team plays sucks the life right out of anyone that considers themselves a fan. From my perspective.

How is it possible that BOTH Buffalo teams are not only not in the playoffs for years....but SO soul-draining and un-fun to watch.

At least most of us had hope and something to look forward to with last years Sabres....I guess you can say this team is still young....but in no way, shape, or form do I feel better after watching most Sabres or Bills games.  As a Buffalo sports fan, ALL I wanted was for the Sabres to not take a step back, but they did.

I'm glad we chose to grind em down, to try and slow the other teams, to limit their chances. I'm glad we chose boring and ineffective hockey. I'm glad I watched Sam Reinhart get centered by Sean Malone for the second half of that third period. I'm glad we experimented with center Samson at center for the experimental stretch when the season was over. I'm glad my dad turned me into a fan of this franchise. 

Not.

You tell em, Flagg

He has joined the dark side much sooner than I had hoped. Bwahahahaha.

How is it possible that BOTH Buffalo teams are not only not in the playoffs for years....but SO soul-draining and un-fun to watch.

At least most of us had hope and something to look forward to with last years Sabres....I guess you can say this team is still young....but in no way, shape, or form do I feel better after watching most Sabres or Bills games.  As a Buffalo sports fan, ALL I wanted was for the Sabres to not take a step back, but they did.

On the Sabre side at least, a huge clue comes in what C.J. Smith said was a main reason he signed here: he's a blue collar guy, this is a blue collar town and the Sabres are a blue-collar team. blue collar and the hard-working, gritty players Terry said he liked, and the Buffalo guy Tim Murray and Mr. Grind Em Down. Gimme some white collar hockey.

I hate CryCrosby.

That SOB completely whiffed on the game tying goal letting the laughs into the playoffs. The laughs are in because a *generational* talent was unlucky, and not because they are good.

Even worse is...

No matter who the laughs play in the first 2 rounds they have a chance to win because the opposition is the best of the worst and winnable games for a sucky team.

I like everyone on this board much more than I like the Sabres. I'm not really sure what that says about me, or you guys, or the Sabres. But I'm sure it means something.

I'm with d4rk.

:lol:

Edited by SmarmD

I hate CryCrosby.

That SOB completely whiffed on the game tying goal letting the laughs into the playoffs. The laughs are in because a *generational* talent was unlucky, and not because they are good.

Even worse is...

No matter who the laughs play in the first 2 rounds they have a chance to win because the opposition is the best of the worst and winnable games for a sucky team.

So how do you explain the other games that they won that put them in a position to actaully control their own destiny to make the playoffs this year with 2 games remaining? They didn't make it in because Crosby missed a shot, they made it in because they have a good well coached team that is finally being built by a quality front office and coaching staff instead of a front office who wants to get lucky and win a lottery. But its all good, Murray gives 'Zero F***s', and will continue to rebuild the mess he made here while the Leafs just did what he couldn't do in a fraction of the time. If only the Sabres didn't have injuries...........

So how do you explain the other games that they won that put them in a position to actaully control their own destiny to make the playoffs this year with 2 games remaining? They didn't make it in because Crosby missed a shot, they made it in because they have a good well coached team that is finally being built by a quality front office and coaching staff instead of a front office who wants to get lucky and win a lottery. But its all good, Murray gives 'Zero F***s', and will continue to rebuild the mess he made here while the Leafs just did what he couldn't do in a fraction of the time. If only the Sabres didn't have injuries...........

I'm beyond tired of this excuse. We better not hear it from the mouths of Dan Abysmal or the Dwight Schrute doppelganger on Monday afternoon. This team played just as bad when everyone was healthy as they did at the beginning of the year.

Nylander, Kadri, Reilly, JVR and Connor Brown were the only players in the Toronto Organization when Babcock accepted the job. None which looked like world beaters at the time. Hyman was acquired in a trade just before the 2015 Draft, Marner could have just as easily been a Coyote.

And they won the lottery. If Babcock predicted all of this coming together so easy, good for him.

Edited by BRAWNDO

I didn't watch most of the game because I wasn't home. Just bits and pieces. But why is it the Panthers actually looked like they were enjoying what they were doing while the Sabres looked like they were being held against their will just to be on the ice? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.