Sabres sign LW CJ Smith

Brawndo

FYI, this is considered an average to below average college free agent class. That being said, every winning team seems to have a guy that came out of nowhere.

Don't think I'll read to much into what scouts consider average or not for college after they hyped up vessey and that kid that signed with the oilers.

This signing is why I still like GMTM.

As long as he never stops trying and taking chances with Pegula's money I'll continue to support his efforts.

Don't most teams sign College FA every year or two?

Heard they signed a college player and assumed it must be a d.

Any player of that magnitude would have been hyped like Vesey, Schultz, or Dekeyser.

Don't most teams sign College FA every year or two?

Any player of that magnitude would have been hyped like Vesey, Schultz, or Dekeyser.

Most, maybe.

Did the Sabres prior to Pegula and TM?

I can't think of one in the last ten years that was signed and played a game.

A couple years ago several posters wanted to sign Troy Stecher who was a middling college free agent. He is looking like a solid player for the canucks and their fans seem to think the way he is playing this season is a lock for the top 4 for years to come.

He signed and went straight to Rochester right?

Normally teams promise the players ice time in the NHL to get them to sign.

McCabe basically counts. He wasn't a free agent, but we convinced him to forgo his college education to sign with us and promised him ice time in the NHL for the remainder of the season.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.