THANK YOU, FANS! THANK YOU, FANS! THANK YO... eh, not really

PASabreFan

If they really want to show the fans appreciation don't raise prices after putting a lousy product on the ice. Why should they get a raise when they dont do their jobs?

Maybe the guy who sweeps the floors deserves a raise.

But really, as we all know, it's about supply and demand.

Maybe the guy who sweeps the floors deserves a raise.

But really, as we all know, it's about supply and demand.

Yep. As long as there is a waiting list for season ticket holders the Sabres would be stupid not to raise ticket prices from a financial stand point. From a PR stand point though, it's the opposite.

How about a public flogging of Coach Bylsma and three players fans can vote on?

Yep. As long as there is a waiting list for season ticket holders the Sabres would be stupid not to raise ticket prices from a financial stand point. From a PR stand point though, it's the opposite.

I have a hunch that wait list will vanish next year.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I took a half-hearted stab at finding more information on the party in the plaza the Sabres are hosting to thank their fans. A business showing appreciation for its customers. I'll look again here in a bit, but all I could find was from 2015 and what it said about food and drinks was that they would be "available." Am I correct to assume that means available for purchase?

I took a half-hearted stab at finding more information on the party in the plaza the Sabres are hosting to thank their fans. A business showing appreciation for its customers. I'll look again here in a bit, but all I could find was from 2015 and what it said about food and drinks was that they would be "available." Am I correct to assume that means available for purchase?

I wasn't there but it sounds about right. Nothing like using a fan appreciation event as an opportunity to fill your coffers with profits from overpriced nachos and beer.

And from the Wild (after a rather full slate of season long giveaways)::

Fan Celebration Night #1 -...

Fan Celebration Night sounds so clunky, I have to believe the Wild was smart enough to not try and pass the events off as appreciation in any sense of the word and landed on that verbiage.

I'm going this Sunday. I'll report.

Harrington gets it, as always.

Even when the Sabres do something cool, like having players give the jersey off their back to selected fans after the last home game, they decide to taint it. This year, fans had to bid on Sam Reinhart's jersey on -- where else? -- the One Buffalo app.

As for Fan Appreciation Night, the end-of-season awards ceremony was junked, sentenced to video snippets throughout the game that were, of course, sponsored segments.

There were certainly several prize contests for fans but the only giveaway to those walking in the door was a set of sunglasses festooned with the One Buffalo logo. And, by the way, just for the first 10,000 fans? You can't spring for a cheap pair of plastic sunglasses for everybody?

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/05/mike-harrington-2/

Edited by PASabreFan

My dad has been a season ticket holder for over twenty years. When he hit the ten year mark, he expected something small, some sort of card or thank you note. Needless to say, no such acknowledgment happened. When he hit 15 years and 20 years, he still thought maybe they'd send him a thank you card or show his name on the jumbotron acknowledging it. Nothing.

Not since Rigas owned the team have they cared one bit about the fans. I've got great memories growing up and going to STH skates at the rink, meeting every single Sabre on the team (including waiting in the longest line in history to meet Hasek), playing bubble hockey with Satan and Stu Barnes, hanging out with Geoff Sanderson, and watching the team race RC cars around the rink. It's too bad the younger fans now will never get to experience that. 

I'm not upset about not having a single bobblehead or any cool collectables from the team. What bothers me is the complete lack of appreciation they have for people who spend their hard earned money year in, and year out. They wouldn't give two shits if a STH cancelled their package, they'd simply call the next person on the waiting list and take their money and run. 

The past few seasons I've had to talk my dad into keeping his tickets. He's down from going to 20 games a year to less than 5. Every game he goes to they seem to lose, and every season they raise the price on him. I wouldn't want to go either. 

Edited by IrwinNelson

Harrington gets it, as always.

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/05/mike-harrington-2/

Not to start a politics debate, but PSE (and to some extent the Sabres since the dawn of the Slug era) consistently remind me of the current Democratic Party. They have the right general idea about a lot of things, but they have zero clue how to execute. They have no grasp of timing, tone, or what people actually want. They step up to the plate, kick the dirt off their cleats, set for the pitch, and then bunt. It's very hard to take them seriously. So much of what they do smacks of not having the right people involved in decision making processes and crafting of "the vision". They fail both strategically and tactically.

I remember there was some argument regarding a discount season ticket holders get at the Sabres Store and that it would be more valuable than an Eichel bobblehead. Does anyone know what these benefits are?

I mentioned in my last post I don't care about lack of bobbleheads, but I feel like having 80 bobbleheads of different Sabres throughout the years would be preferred to a discount at the Sabre store. Besides, how many STH go to the team store unless they are with someone who doesn't normally go to hockey games. I'm sure the discount would be more valuable, but I'm sure the Sabres are saving a whole lot of money by giving out a seldom used discount instead of a "less valuable" bobblehead. 

I suspect this "you take me for granted" feeling would be cured if the team would win a few games.

You're right, of course. However, plastic glasses everyone is going to throw out perhaps before even leaving the arena is freaking lame. Chicago not only has a great team, but their fan appreciation day was pretty awesome.

Now if I was head of sabres marketing, I would be watching sabres fan boards for stuff like this.

I mean sending a 10 year STH a thank you note would be the least you can do.

One would think, but apparently it isn't. ;)

They also can do less for 20 years of taking our money as well.

When it was fun to go to a game

In the aud

When you players like him

Rico

Jacque waxing poetic! Great pics. The off-balance, stand-up, Fred Sanford-staggering goalie... that's what the NHL is missing. It didn't take a minor miracle to score a goal back then.

Roger

Jacque waxing poetic! Great pics. The off-balance, stand-up, Fred Sanford-staggering goalie... that's what the NHL is missing. It didn't take a minor miracle to score a goal back then.

No kidding. The nets are too dam small. I shake my head. It's a game now

Old school

Timmy Horton showing on how it's done

Roger was jumping all over

post-4706-0-37552400-1491497982_thumb.jpg

post-4706-0-31183200-1491498088_thumb.jpg

post-4706-0-96081900-1491498324_thumb.jpg

post-4706-0-36224100-1491498464_thumb.jpg

I remember there was some argument regarding a discount season ticket holders get at the Sabres Store and that it would be more valuable than an Eichel bobblehead. Does anyone know what these benefits are?

STH get 20% off at the Sabres Store.

Got an email a couple of hours ago from the Sabres/One Buffalo telling me to tune in to MSG on April 8th and 9th for a chance to win great prizes!

Pretty simple instructions:

1. Download the One Buffalo app (of course)

2. Click on the Fan Goes Digital tile (which I couldn't find anywhere within the app)

3. Fill Out Registration form (impossible if you can't find the tile)

Anyway, since I couldn't locate the tile and the app has no search function I opened the link in the email and it had slightly better instructions to go under tickets (so first you have to choose Key Bank Center which they don't tell you) and from there you finally get the correct tile which is actually called Fan Appreciation and not Fan Goes Digital. Unfortunately at that point I clicked on the tile and it tells me the form is not available yet.

I know some may see it as nitpicky but this is just ridiculous. Maybe they should wait on sending out the email until the form they are sending everyone to is actually available. Just another example of good intentions and attempts at PR being completely undermined by incompetence.

I'm about to just uninstall the app in part because of their stupidity and in part because it required about a dozen or so permissions on my phone that I'd rather them not have access to. Idiots.

Got an email a couple of hours ago from the Sabres/One Buffalo telling me to tune in to MSG on April 8th and 9th for a chance to win great prizes!

Pretty simple instructions:

1. Download the One Buffalo app (of course)

2. Click on the Fan Goes Digital tile (which I couldn't find anywhere within the app)

3. Fill Out Registration form (impossible if you can't find the tile)

Anyway, since I couldn't locate the tile and the app has no search function I opened the link in the email and it had slightly better instructions to go under tickets (so first you have to choose Key Bank Center which they don't tell you) and from there you finally get the correct tile which is actually called Fan Appreciation and not Fan Goes Digital. Unfortunately at that point I clicked on the tile and it tells me the form is not available yet.

I know some may see it as nitpicky but this is just ridiculous. Maybe they should wait on sending out the email until the form they are sending everyone to is actually available. Just another example of good intentions and attempts at PR being completely undermined by incompetence.

I'm about to just uninstall the app in part because of their stupidity and in part because it required about a dozen or so permissions on my phone that I'd rather them not have access to. Idiots.

Perfect. How fitting.

My dad has been a season ticket holder for over twenty years. When he hit the ten year mark, he expected something small, some sort of card or thank you note. Needless to say, no such acknowledgment happened. When he hit 15 years and 20 years, he still thought maybe they'd send him a thank you card or show his name on the jumbotron acknowledging it. Nothing.

Not since Rigas owned the team have they cared one bit about the fans. I've got great memories growing up and going to STH skates at the rink, meeting every single Sabre on the team (including waiting in the longest line in history to meet Hasek), playing bubble hockey with Satan and Stu Barnes, hanging out with Geoff Sanderson, and watching the team race RC cars around the rink. It's too bad the younger fans now will never get to experience that. 

I'm not upset about not having a single bobblehead or any cool collectables from the team. What bothers me is the complete lack of appreciation they have for people who spend their hard earned money year in, and year out. They wouldn't give two shits if a STH cancelled their package, they'd simply call the next person on the waiting list and take their money and run. 

The past few seasons I've had to talk my dad into keeping his tickets. He's down from going to 20 games a year to less than 5. Every game he goes to they seem to lose, and every season they raise the price on him. I wouldn't want to go either. 

Great Post. I take my kids to a game each year. It's not the same. They are fans because I'm a fan. No connection. When Jerry Korab gave me a stick at the old aud I was a fan forever.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.