THANK YOU, FANS! THANK YOU, FANS! THANK YO... eh, not really

PASabreFan

Well, I do think it's reasonable to want/expect no increase in ticket prices.

You know, your bringing this up leads me to see the 1 thing having Russ Brandon in the Sabres org chart might be good for. (No, not no ticket price increase, we all know THAT won't happen.)

But, being strictly a marketer, he might actually put the bug in the owners' ears that the natives really ARE restless & want Bylsma's head on a stick. IF he believes keeping Dan will cost money (& a single playoff series would cover next year's salary that would have to be eaten (& again for 2 more years)), maybe he & Murray can get ownership buy-in.

Never change, PA. While Tom Webster has a point that you managed to find a negative for nearly everything, the organization has proven to flub this kind of thing in the past (like the year they sent out price increases on fan appreciation day) and we shouldn't swallow everything they are selling whole. Just like the NFL with their pink uniform nonsense where they make money selling that crap hand over fist while giving very little of it to charity. I wonder how many pink jerseys and hats they would sell if it showed each fan the percentage going to charity while they were going through check out.

While the best gesture would be to ###### can DB (actually the best thing would be putting him in a dunking booth filled with acid or piranhas), the next best thing would be to announce no price raises for tickets or actually a drop in prices, revenue sharing be damned. They shouldn't be taking a dime from fans for anything fan appreciation related though, including raffle tickets. The fans get gouged every other day for tickets, merchandise, parking, food, and beverages. Fan appreciation events should be about giving back to the fans whose support makes everything else possible. Not finding another way/excuse to soak them for a few more dollars.

Edited by Drunkard

It's true. On last year's fan appreciation night they started Kasdorf despite the Sabres players really wanting to pull above .500 and we lost big time. It was a terrible game.

Ha!  Kasdorf.  Was it last year that all the live music and fanfare was canceled due to the weather?  I remember getting to the arena and none of the stuff they listed was there, haha.

Sorry Eleven, but I hate this take.

If we were talking about first round match-ups right now, this wouldn't even be on our radar. They open themselves up to criticisms of any flavor by sucking.

If they didn't suck, I'd go to that event and gladly hand my cash over.

It wouldn't be on ours, maybe, but it would be on his.

I disagree. It's perfectly reasonable to not want to pay more for a product that isn't getting better. Who wants to pay more for stuff? If you have an eagerness to dispose of more of your money and prices aren't increasing enough for your tastes, I'll happily take a donation :p

On the other hand, I agree that expecting ticket prices to remain flat is indeed an unreasonable expectation. ;)

I disagree. It's perfectly reasonable to not want to pay more for a product that isn't getting better. Who wants to pay more for stuff? If you have an eagerness to dispose of more of your money and prices aren't increasing enough for your tastes, I'll happily take a donation :P

On the other hand, I agree that expecting ticket prices to remain flat is indeed an unreasonable expectation. ;)

:unsure:

:unsure:

Demented sarcasm.

It's a known natural occurrence that happens by the brain releasing an endorphin  into super pizzed off Sabre Hockey fans to help them vent their anger in order not to hurt babies and such....

It's all about the children. That's why he posted it. :thumbsup:

Edited by Woods-Racer

I took a look at 5-6 other teams websites. I don't see anything planned with them.

From Vogl's piece in 2016:

The Pittsburgh Penguins, who recorded their 400th straight sellout in January, have given out Marc-Andre Fleury bobbleheads, Phil Kessel mini sticks, Sidney Crosby air fresheners, magnets, calendars, tumblers, selfie sticks, two winter hats, sock penguins, workout bands, luggage tags and T-shirts this season.

Demented sarcasm.

It's a known natural occurrence that happens by the brain releasing an endorphin  into super pizzed off Sabre Hockey fans to help them vent their anger in order not to hurt babies and such....

It's all about the children. That's why he posted it. :thumbsup:

OK, but I still don't see why the professor says he disagrees with nfreeman and then goes on to explain how he agrees with him.

Maybe it's me, as I am over-worked and under-sleeped these days, ya know?

Here's what the Caps are up to:

You can enter to win a variety of prizes through the #CapsFanWeek contest. From Monday, March 20 through Friday, March 24, names will drawn every hour on the hour and posted to the website by 4 p.m. each day. Prizes include exclusive Capitals experiences, tickets to see some of today's hottest artists as they come through Washington, D.C., team autographed items, and more!

All entries must be received by 8 a.m. to be eligible for that day's drawings. One entry per email address. The primary account holder information for all Season Ticket Members are automatically registered!

From Vogl's piece in 2016:

The Pittsburgh Penguins, who recorded their 400th straight sellout in January, have given out Marc-Andre Fleury bobbleheads, Phil Kessel mini sticks, Sidney Crosby air fresheners, magnets, calendars, tumblers, selfie sticks, two winter hats, sock penguins, workout bands, luggage tags and T-shirts this season.[/size]

Pretty sure those give aways weren't all at the regular season ending "fan appreciation night." If they were, that's quite a haul.

And the Devils' program seems similar to what the Sabres are doing:

The Devils and Halmar will give away a custom Devils Jeep during the April 6 game. Fans can enter to win by visiting NewJerseyDevils.com/HalmarWheels or by using #HalmarWheels @NJDevils on social media through March 31. The contest’s three finalists will be announced at the April 4 game.

At the end of the final game on April 8, a select number of Devils Members in attendance will be chosen to receive a jersey from one of the players on the team. The winners will meet the players on the ic,e where they will receive the signed sweater.

The first 9,000 fans in attendance at the regular season finale on April 8 will receive a mini-hockey stick (the Devils again partnered with Prudential on that)

Devils Fan Fest, featuring beverages for purchase, prizes and giveaways, street hockey, face painting and a DJ, will precede the game with doors to Championship Plaza opening at 3:00 p.m.

Pretty sure those give aways weren't all at the regular season ending "fan appreciation night." If they were, that's quite a haul.

Quite right. Just some info.

OK, but I still don't see why the professor says he disagrees with nfreeman and then goes on to explain how he agrees with him.

Maybe it's me, as I am over-worked and under-sleeped these days, ya know?

No, you're right.

Canada's Tax season official ends April 15th also? Or are you working on American taxes for Canadian entities?

Edited by Woods-Racer

From the Ducks:

The Ducks will host 15 giveaway and promotional nights during the 2016-17 season at Honda Center. Ticketed fans to the Oct. 28 game versus Columbus, Nov. 29 game versus Montréal and Jan. 19 game versus Colorado will each receive a bobblehead as part of a four-series collection. This is the first all-arena bobblehead giveaway in several years for the Ducks, who will be featuring the bobbleheads of Ryan Getzlaf on Oct. 28, John Gibson on Nov. 29 and Ryan Kesler on Jan. 19.

The Ducks will pay tribute to the 2007 Stanley Cup-winning team with a 10-year anniversary celebration at the Mar. 12 game versus the Washington Capitals. The final piece of the limited-edition four-piece bobblehead collection will be available for purchase in the Anaheim Ducks Team Store Powered by Reebok starting that evening. This night will feature players from the 2007 team as well as some additional surprises to help honor the run to the franchise’s first-ever Stanley Cup championship.

The giveaway and promotional schedule will also feature some of last year’s fan favorites, including Ugly Sweater Night (Dec. 9), S.C.O.R.E. Night (Jan. 15), Angels Night (Feb.17) and Social Media Night presented by YP (Mar. 22) along with paying tribute to our armed forces on Military Appreciation Night presented by Pacific Premier Bank (Nov. 6). The Ducks will show their support for their numerous charitable partners across Orange County, including hosting CHOC Night on Mar. 5 to support Children’s Hospital of Orange County and OC Animal Care Night on Mar. 26 to help support the Orange County animal shelter. The team will paint it lavender on Oct. 26 to help in the fight against cancer on the team’s annual Hockey Fights Cancer Night which raises awareness for the league wide initiative.

The promotional schedule will conclude with Fan Appreciation Night on Apr. 4 and will continue a Ducks tradition of inviting a group of fans for the “Jersey off Their Backs” presentation at the end of the game. In addition, fans will be eligible to win a variety of additional prizes throughout the evening and one lucky fan will win a Honda vehicle.

No, you're right.

Canada's Tax season official ends April 15th also? Or are you working on American taxes for Canadian entities?

The deadline to file in Canada (generally) is April 30th.  Mostly Canadian, some of both and a handful of US only for individuals.  I have one US corporate client, but that is only because the director of a Canadian based corporation is a US Resident Alien and wants to maintain that status even though he and his family has moved back to Canada.

The big problem this March is that all of my December 31st corporate year ends didn't get their act together until March, rather than late January, or even February.  So, I am still finishing those off, while juggling all the tax work.

Through in a few personal issues and health issues and here we are.

I'm not complaining mind you.  After all it's only Wednesday, I think.

And from the Wild (after a rather full slate of season long giveaways)::

Fan Celebration Night #1 -

Scratch-and-win card presented by FOX Sports North 

Hockey BinGoal presented by Innovative Office Solutions 

Fan Celebration Night #2 -

Wild team poster presented by FOX Sports North

Jerseys Off Our Backs

Hockey BinGoal presented by Innovative Office Solutions

+++

Every team I've randomly searched for has a giveaway/promotion schedule associated with each season, and some sort of fan appreciation game or week toward the end of the season.

One thing I don't find - not saying it's not there - is a promotional schedule for the Sabres.

Here's the Wild's promo schedule - just by way of example:

https://www.nhl.com/wild/fans/promotional-schedule

Edited by That Aud Smell

The deadline to file in Canada (generally) is April 30th.  Mostly Canadian, some of both and a handful of US only for individuals.  I have one US corporate client, but that is only because the director of a Canadian based corporation is a US Resident Alien and wants to maintain that status even though he and his family has moved back to Canada.

The big problem this March is that all of my December 31st corporate year ends didn't get their act together until March, rather than late January, or even February.  So, I am still finishing those off, while juggling all the tax work.

Through in a few personal issues and health issues and here we are.

I'm not complaining mind you.  After all it's only Wednesday, I think.

I have been working with the same accountant now for 6 years. We have finally gotten me trained to have all my/partnership stuff together by the end of February so that by mid March I'm done. There is some luck with timeliness of W-9's involved and the actually mailing of quarterly payments, but life is good.

Our family corporation's fiscal year end is Friday. We get on that right away with an extension to file come the end of April. :lol:

^

Well, then.

I'm not sure what to say. The promotional schedules for pro sports franchises are planned and put together during the offseason. If you Google promotional schedule NHL hockey, you will be linked to a series of press releases (many of which look quite similar to one another) that are hosted on nhl.com from a variety of franchises.

Whether your franchise is a contender or rebuilding basement dweller, you should be making these plans to thank and appreciate your fans.

Or nah?

In point of fact, the argument can (and should) be made that, if you have devoted fans and your team stinks (and has stunk for 6 seasons), then you have even MORE reason to schedule giveaways, promotions, thank-you nights, and the like.

If they really want to show the fans appreciation don't raise prices after putting a lousy product on the ice. Why should they get a raise when they dont do their jobs?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.