Risto has hearing for his hit

spndnchz

True weird play definetly interference but not on purpose and guy ran into Risto's butt and got knocked silly would have been worse had he not held up and turned his back... Dude had his head down and puck never got there because of Cindy's lookout pass... the kinda passes that get WR killed. Cant believe they suspend him and refs should be admonished for game misconduct.

Edited by North Buffalo

I thought the call on the ice was correct.

I thought he had him lined up for a clean hit and turned in such a way that he didn't realize the puck hadn't made it to Guentzel, or realized too late. Also think he led with his hip to the midsection, so the only thing illegal was the lack of puck.

Don't think it warrants anything for intent to be dirty, but it might for carelessness.

True weird play definetly interference but not on purpose and guy ran into Risto's butt and got knocked silly would have been worse had he not held up and turned his back... Dude had his head down and puck never got there because of Cindy's out pass... the kinda passes that get WR killed. Cant believe they suspend him and refs should be admonished for game misconduct.

The refs made the correct call. Any interference penalty that results in injury is an automatic 5 and a game. Risto obviously interfered, and Jake was obviously injured.

The refs made the correct call. Any interference penalty that results in injury is an automatic 5 and a game. Risto obviously interfered, and Jake was obviously injured.

Really ok, but it wasnt a on purpose interference and don't think Risto could do much about pass not reaching his intended target. If puck there its a clean hit. Edited by North Buffalo

True weird play definetly interference but not on purpose and guy ran into Risto's butt and got knocked silly would have been worse had he not held up and turned his back... Dude had his head down and puck never got there because of Cindy's out pass... the kinda passes that get WR killed. Cant believe they suspend him and refs should be admonished for game misconduct.

I didn't know a 5 minute interference penalty existed prior to last night's game. Knowing the NHL they just made it up. I think charging would have been the more appropriate penalty.

Really ok, but it wasnt a on purpose interference and dont Risto could do much about pass not reaching his intended target. If puck there its a clean hit.

Risto was pretty reckless and had time to see the pass get picked, if he was facing the right way, IMO.

I didn't know that rule until last night either, btw. I was surprised at first as well.

I wouldn't mind if they gave him a game for the recklessness but I don't want to see more than that. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's only a fine/warning or something (except, do hearings imply a suspension these days? Or can Risto go in and woo the DoPS a la Lucic?)

Risto was pretty reckless and had time to see the pass get picked, if he was facing the right way, IMO.

I didn't know that rule until last night either, btw. I was surprised at first as well.

I wouldn't mind if they gave him a game for the recklessness but I don't want to see more than that. I also wouldn't be surprised if it's only a fine/warning or something (except, do hearings imply a suspension these days? Or can Risto go in and woo the DoPS a la Lucic?)

They gave one to McCabe in the last game of the year against Boston. I thought that was BS too.

Actually, the call last night wasn't BS, but the hearing sure is.

Edited by SwampD

So if Risto sits back and that puck gets through, that speedy little probably blows right by him for a scoring chance. The puck got tipped or it woulda been perfect timing, not a dirty play imo

Edited by Murray's Rats

Was I the only one who kind of thought that Kane high stick on Lord Sidney was karma for Sid's play on ROR?

Absolutely! And it's why I want Kane back (although I clutch my pearls at such moments, I want guys who are willing to do the nasty things to win). Didn't you notice that Kane's stick contacted Crosby's, then, in a separate motion went flying up the shaft? Kane did a good job disguising it, making it look like it just rode up on its own.

Pretty much what I said in GDT, the pass got picked of and risto was committed to the hit, if the puck got there like it was intended the penalty wouldn't have even been called.

Then again if I wasn't a sabres fan I would be screaming for a 4 game ban, but Risto turning his back and guentzel moving his head down into the hit should be considered and I would be disappointed if he didn't come away without a penalty, Hell I'd call league bias even.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.