Next Sabres Coach?

GASabresIUFAN

I think everyone is going to get their wish and DD will be shown the door as soon as the season ends.  We have debated the merit of this decision, and even I after watching the two stinkers on the West Coast will agree that the team has turned on him and at this point there maybe no other choice but to let him go.

Ok so who is the next coach?  Terry Murray? Hitchcock? Luke Richardson?  Kevin Dineen? Gerard Gallant? Jack Capuano? Could Dave Tippett become available? Michel Therrien? Mike Keenan? (Just kidding). Others?

I'd be interested in Dave Tippett. 

Kris Knoblauch, the Otter's coach.

Alex DeBrincat is leading goal score in the OHL with two-ish games remaining to the season.  He was an un-drafted, unheralded walk on to the Erie Otters.

He coached Conner McDavid, the most heralded pick since a kid named Sidney. 

He seems to have the knack of giving players the best chance to succeed.

If he makes Rochester even, the organization will be better.

my 2 cents.

Here are a couple of more interesting candidates

1) Bob Boughner - former Sabres D. Credited with improving SJ D and PK. Coached Windsor to 2 OHL Chamionships

2) Lane Lambert - Trotz top asst.

3) Travis Green - Utica AHL Coach - Coached Portland WHL to a championship. 970 games as an NHL center.

4) Scott Arniel - has HC experience, former Sabre, runs NYR offense and PP.

I'm hoping that if the Sabres are looking within the NHL ranks for their next head coach that they use a version of a coach's corsi. A coach that regularly ices a team with good possession numbers would be nice. 

totally agree...after Lindy and now Blysma's wonderful system of trying to get a early lead then hang on for dear life, a coach that allows their team to actually attack and play a skating and passing style system would be so darn refreshing and exciting. The Sabres actually have the players to play that style and the forwards especially would benefit greatly from any upgrade to the coaching system

Edited by Sabre fan

Here are a couple of more interesting candidates

1) Bob Boughner - former Sabres D. Credited with improving SJ D and PK. Coached Windsor to 2 OHL Chamionships

2) Lane Lambert - Trotz top asst.

3) Travis Green - Utica AHL Coach - Coached Portland WHL to a championship. 970 games as an NHL center.

4) Scott Arniel - has HC experience, former Sabre, runs NYR offense and PP.

I/m sticking with David Quinn but I wouldn't mind any of the above.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.