Next Sabres Coach?

GASabresIUFAN

I think everyone is going to get their wish and DD will be shown the door as soon as the season ends.  We have debated the merit of this decision, and even I after watching the two stinkers on the West Coast will agree that the team has turned on him and at this point there maybe no other choice but to let him go.

Ok so who is the next coach?  Terry Murray? Hitchcock? Luke Richardson?  Kevin Dineen? Gerard Gallant? Jack Capuano? Could Dave Tippett become available? Michel Therrien? Mike Keenan? (Just kidding). Others?

I'd be interested in Dave Tippett. 

Tippett's best days as a coach are gone. I'd sooner have Lindy back.

Not gonna happen unless TM is also shown the door, TM is more likely to move out players then DD, he has been talking about how the problems aren't coaching,it players not listening to the coach

Let's see what GMTM's story is after the season is done.  Of course he has to say the players need to listen to the coach.  If he said anything other than he has full faith in the coach, the coach would already be fired.

L0ffheJ.jpg

You sexay beast.

It is a risk letting "Jack" get his way...  but at this point Harrington imo misses the point.  Blysma's way is and has not been successful and the Sabres need a new coach that can drive these guys to play better D and still allow them to be creative in the offensive zone.  

Whoever it is should watch the Blackhawks and see how many times they reset before moving the puck up the ice and once the get what they want they move it up quickly and proceed to wreck havoc on the other team.  Sabres need to run passing drills over and over and stick handling drills as well.  But on moving the puck up and controlling the Hawks are impressive.

Darkhorse candidate - Gordon Bombay  :ph34r:

All kidding aside, I don't know enough about the intricacies and coaching styles to weigh in on many of the candidates listed above, but if guys like Randall and TrueBlue bless the new coach based on possession metrics and advanced mumbo jumbo then I'm all aboard. I know what I want to see I just don't know what coach aligns with that stylistic preference enough to have a definitive answer. I want possession hockey, short passes, moving up the ice as a group and the defense activated in the rush/offensive zone.

I don't know enough about coaching styles to provide a name, I just want a coach that focuses on short passes to maintain possession rather than stretch passes and dump ins. I also prefer coaches that employ an aggressive forecheck. There is almost no point to forechecking with only one guy. If you aren't going to forecheck with at least 2 guys you might as well clog the neutral zone and play the boring trap defense that Jersey made famous. We need a coach that tailors his system to match the skills in his lineup rather than forcing his players to adapt to some rigid system that doesn't change regardless of who is taking the ice.

I'm sure any of the coaches listed would be an upgrade over DB though.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.