GDT: Colorado Avalanche @ Buffalo Sabres 7:30 pm MSG.

Porsche

Did anyone catch that chart of American-born players they showed? It had the points of young Americans, and Jack was second-last on the list, and there was no mention of the games played by the players. Stupid/misleading chart. Jack's points-per-game is higher than every single one of them, including Auston.

they were very complimentary of Jack but I agree

Dylan Larkin has 39 points in 98 games since January 1, 2016.

And, for Pi, is a -27

Meanwhile, Sam Reinhart, who is always behind Larkin in the eyes of the media and the internet, has 28 goals and 64 points points in that same span. (Which, by the way, leads the Sabres.)

For reference, Draisaitl has 70 points.

If you want to expand the list of players that have produced at Reinhart (+\- 5 points) levels: Bergeron, Toews, Barkov, Spezza, Hall and Duchene.

Sams a beast, I love the kid.

Kane's not being traded

You always trade away your best players. How else are you supposed to improve as a team? #waitingforgodot

Samson with the throwback goathead hat on the post game.

#bringbackthegoat

Colorado is pathetic, but at least we held serve on home ice. 60 points and counting. Probably too many teams in front of us to pass, but you never know...

We need 35 points in 24 games.

The one general comment I meant to make last night was just to observe how truly horrible the Avalanche team is.  I imagine this is what the Tank Sabres under Nolan looked like to the rest of the league.  Oof.

Yep

Double yep.

One of the NBCSN guys (maybe Scott Gomez?) made the point that the bottom really dropped out for Colorado once they traded ROR -- i.e. they lost their leader and fell apart.  Interesting point IMHO.

Especially interesting, because part of the reason ROR wanted to be traded is that he wasn't getting enough of that leadership role, if I recall correctly.

On the other side of that trade, Grigorenko was largely invisible.  Zadorov was pretty good and I think he's still growing as a player, but the fact that he's on their top D pairing points to the deficiencies in their defense.  GIve him and Barrie a few years of experience though and their D might look much better.

I'll point to Zadorov - who is just 21, has fabulous tools, and could still become a top-pairing guy - as a reason why trading Kane for top defensive prospect is extremely risky if we are shooting for the playoffs any season soon.

Edited by dudacek

Joe Sakic was a terrific hockey player. I think he might be a turbl FO executive.

Rumor is he's quitting at the end of this season

I'll point to Zadorov - who is just 21, has fabulous tools, and could still become a top-pairing guy - as a reason why trading Kane for top defensive prospect is extremely risky if we are shooting for the playoffs any season soon.

Zadorov has no tools other than size. He's Bogosian 2.0, and everyone on here recognized the boom/bust potential with him when we drafted him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.